The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 27, 2020, 02:31:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2020, 02:31:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fiction Writer's Anonymous  (Read 9271 times)
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #30: August 03, 2007, 04:52:12 pm »

I prefer for my writing to be spontaneous - I was a pretty good flash fiction writer when I was a member of a writing board.  Maybe I should post some of those.

I used to do that many years ago, these days time is not mine to spend on writing or anything else requiring more than 30 seconds concentration ... but... I'm trying to find a way to fit it in - not successfully yet...
*goes off to hide somewhere again*

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: August 03, 2007, 06:22:55 pm »

I'm trying to find a way to fit it in - not successfully yet...

My solution was to make time.  It is part of my daily routine, which other things have to go around.

You have children, which might count as your therapy; for my childless self, writing is therapy.

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #32: August 03, 2007, 06:46:12 pm »

My solution was to make time.  It is part of my daily routine, which other things have to go around.

You have children, which might count as your therapy; for my childless self, writing is therapy.

I thought children was why I needed therapy Wink

Seriously, yes, I do need to make time, it's getting easier but there are still just so mnay demands and not enough hours in the day... but we shall see what happens... especially since I just found a writers list I used to belong to many years and a lifetime ago.... courtesy of a fortuitous quirk of fate precipitated by a ... Raven. Even I know a clue by four lol

WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: August 03, 2007, 07:03:21 pm »

Even I know a clue by four lol

Grin

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #34: August 03, 2007, 07:09:23 pm »

Grin

Oh it's just the latest in a freaking succession... of course my literal bruised skull is from standing up too quickly in the kitchen and smacking my head on the counter....

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #35: August 03, 2007, 07:11:49 pm »

I get bored with the world and want to build a different one. Cheesy

You are sick! Tongue
I liked my world. A lot. But, for personal reasons I will not use it, or any of the characters or 100k or so words from it. *shrugs* Not without a maybe one day, maybe never, complete and total rewrite.

Building a new one was/is... interesting, and irritating. Which was what I was doing while I was on vacation the other month...

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: August 03, 2007, 07:20:07 pm »

Many of my stories end up ‘not fitting’ in a single book, just by the nature of my storytelling style. Ever since I was little, I always preferred to read books in a series, so I guess it makes sense that I prefer the same when I write.

*nod*  Me too. It's a miracle when I can actually write a self-contained short story.

Which is why I'm throwing myself into screenplays and teleplays--brevity, brevity, brevity. You can't ramble on in those formats, no matter how much fun it is.  Grin  I'm still, I think, a serial novelist at heart though, because all of my screenplays are turning into series, and my teleplays are, inherently, part of a series.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #37: August 03, 2007, 08:58:27 pm »

You can always ask. Cheesy

and I don't mind posting synopses of my *started to finished* works.  I just won't post about my only-in-seed-idea works.

which narrows me down to .. um ... six or seven works.  ye gods.  I write a lot. Cheesy

For me it's either two or three.  I have one that I'm almost done with (on the second draft, it needs to be fleshed out in the second part though), one that I'm half way done with (I'm still in the research phase, which I keep putting off) and one that I thought I was done with and I think it could use a little more fleshing out.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: August 08, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »

I play at writing.  I'm sure you are all familiar with Catriona's Story?

My question is, do any/many/all/none of you start your stories the way they're "supposed" to be started with an outline? Or do you just start writing, full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes?

I'm Shadowcat. My penname in the Stargate fanworld is Starshadow, and I also have written poems and suchlike. Smiley

I have used both methods. Tunnels to Truth started as an outline, but rapidly spun out of my own control and merrily walks the starpaths wherever the hell it wants to go. Starstranded and Fire of the Storm both started as an idea and are still being worked on.

The poems... ugh. Don't ask. I honestly don't know where they came from.

Shadowcat

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)