The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 24, 2020, 07:22:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 07:22:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Know Where to Start -- Help!!  (Read 14836 times)
nigel
Adept Member
Last Login:May 10, 2010, 10:44:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Seeking

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 08, 2007, 02:25:34 pm »

Well, couldn't find it online as a video clip...but I give to you an episode recap http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_mon73.html and I must say that I really really would have love to see this, it would have been hilarious. Also, Laurie Cabot if shes the same lady I'm thinking of, then she is the LAST person you want to ask about wicca.

----------------------------------------------
I'm a naughty monkey

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 08, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »

Well, couldn't find it online as a video clip...but I give to you an episode recap http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_mon73.html and I must say that I really really would have love to see this, it would have been hilarious. Also, Laurie Cabot if shes the same lady I'm thinking of, then she is the LAST person you want to ask about wicca.

She probably is the same person you are thinking of. "Fork in the outlet" hair and so much black eyeshadow she looks like a raccoon, quite literally?

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 08, 2007, 02:32:28 pm »

thanks Nigel Smiley
I miss all the good stuff... why yes, I do like to argue with the TV! It doesn't answer back or get irritated listening to me bitch Wink

nigel
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: August 08, 2007, 02:34:39 pm »

Looked up a picture and yes that would be the one, from Salem, Mass. that would be an absolute horrible person to use for a spokesperson for Wicca, I mean I would think that $RW would be better but not by much.

Also, I can kinda understand what the OP is going through my original introduction to wicca was through a fiction novel where it was briefly touched on (would love to find that book again) so I googled it and started through a long path that looking back had me falling in with some severe crazies.

And your welcome purple, though I do admit I want to watch it now.

I'm a naughty monkey
nigel
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: August 08, 2007, 02:39:36 pm »

Well I found out that our local fox station is gonna be playing that episode this friday at 1:05 in the morning, Eastern Standard Time. Dunno if that helps anybody, but it might.

I'm a naughty monkey
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #20: August 08, 2007, 02:44:44 pm »

Looked up a picture and yes that would be the one, from Salem, Mass. that would be an absolute horrible person to use for a spokesperson for Wicca, I mean I would think that $RW would be better but not by much.

I think it's pretty much six to one half dozen to the other. I don't think either one of them is a particularly good spokesperson for anything except for what NOT to do.

Also, I can kinda understand what the OP is going through my original introduction to wicca was through a fiction novel where it was briefly touched on (would love to find that book again) so I googled it and started through a long path that looking back had me falling in with some severe crazies.

Oh, same here. I started out with $RW when I was about 8 years old. I progressed through the extremes of flakiness into what I *hope* is a stronger, wiser, more stable and more adult me.

Underwater Thing
Journeyman
Last Login:May 24, 2010, 03:51:18 pm

Religion: Researching....Again.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: August 08, 2007, 03:10:09 pm »

Well I found out that our local fox station is gonna be playing that episode this friday at 1:05 in the morning, Eastern Standard Time. Dunno if that helps anybody, but it might.

How do you know what episode it's going to play?  I went to tyra and fox.

"The sun is a flame-white disc
in silken mists
above shining trees,-
if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror."
-William Carlos Williams; Danse Russe.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #22: August 08, 2007, 03:13:57 pm »

I still have ick moments from remembering King Kev on the cover of my ex-local paper "because they couldn't find anyone closer (than half a country away)to talk to"...

I had such an ick reaction that only my life falling apart and moving across the world meant an intended media interview didn't happen... kinda hard to do from across the world.  Undecided Can't believe I had that big an ick reaction to King Kev, but I did lol

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #23: August 08, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »

Can't believe I had that big an ick reaction to King Kev, but I did lol

I can believe it.

Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #24: August 08, 2007, 04:02:54 pm »

ok....where I am it says that it's episode #258 and it will be on at 3pm tomorrow

Dork of Massive Proportions
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #25: August 08, 2007, 04:11:15 pm »

I can believe it.

He's always given me ick. Probably always will. Although, after his "local" interview I went beyond ick to somewhere on interstate "just plain mad".

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #26: August 08, 2007, 04:17:54 pm »

He's always given me ick. Probably always will. Although, after his "local" interview I went beyond ick to somewhere on interstate "just plain mad".

lol I can see why. I just read through his website. What unbelievable arrogant drivel!! Everyone is jealous because he's *THE WITCH*?? Um...no, that's not why we don't like him LOL. And what about "I am the Living God of the Witches"?

I can't believe anyone would actually make a website about how famous THEY are. It's ridiculous!

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #27: August 08, 2007, 04:22:34 pm »

lol I can see why. I just read through his website. What unbelievable arrogant drivel!! Everyone is jealous because he's *THE WITCH*?? Um...no, that's not why we don't like him LOL. And what about "I am the Living God of the Witches"?

I can't believe anyone would actually make a website about how famous THEY are. It's ridiculous!

He's a long standing peeve of mine, more so since that interview. Especially since he's never even set foot in the place and he was misquoting facts and history *headdesk* I wish I still had a copy.

nigel
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: August 08, 2007, 04:24:13 pm »

Lol, I have Dish DVR and I did a search for Tyra Banks, and that gave me episode summaries.

I'm a naughty monkey
Coll9
Journeyman
Last Login:November 12, 2009, 08:03:23 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: August 08, 2007, 04:31:06 pm »

You'll have to wait about five more years. Covens won't initiate you until you're 18 and some might not until 21.

Try and find a local coven who might be able to help you out.

Some sites-
www.witchvox.com
www.wicca.timerift.net

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)