The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 03, 2022, 08:07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2022, 08:07:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Question on meditating and guides  (Read 11046 times)
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member
Last Login:March 11, 2008, 07:07:34 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Brighideach Druid (OBOD) and a little bit of witchery thrown in.

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 14, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »

Hi,

I hope I've put this in the most appropriate place!

Has anyone else tried visualising their guide?  (Probably a silly question).

I have been trying (admittedly, on and off) for years now, and never get any further.  My method is imagining walking along a path which takes me up a hill to a gate.  Through the gate is a beautiful garden, and in that garden is/are my guide/s.

That's as far as I get!  My visualisation is excellent, to the point that I can relax and just walk through the gate (though I do start from the beginning each time for the build up).  In fact, the images are as clear as a memory now.  My problem is that although I can see my guide to a certain extent I can't see his face.  I can sit next to him, but still not see his face.  I can talk to him, but I can't hear the replies.

Am I trying too hard, or not hard enough?  Or am I just not meant to know?  It's not that there is no face or sound, it's there, but it's blurry, like when you've just rubbed your eyes!

When I ask for a sign without the visualising I feel him touch me, in the same place each time.

I know it's not my visualisation that's not strong enough because of the above (being able to walk straight in if I choose) and I am also able to "self heal", i.e. clear headaches/tummy aches etc by using visualisation techniques.  In fact, I can do that within seconds now!  I even used to be able to make my ex's IBS pains go by using my hands and visualising the pain leaving, although he was very receptive and open so that may have helped...  But what I'm saying is I must be doing something right.

Anybody else have the same problems?  Or any ideas on how I could perhaps improve my techniques, or whether it's a sign to give up because he doesn't want to be seen!

Sorry if this seems a bit long and confusing, I have trouble explaining things like this sometimes as I don't have a chance to talk about it very much.

Many thanks in advance  Smiley

Neme.

Mae'r cariad at fy ngwlad yn berwi yn fy ngwaed.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 14, 2007, 06:04:40 pm »

Am I trying too hard, or not hard enough?  Or am I just not meant to know?

This may be obvious, but have you tried asking your guide if he will show himself to you (and not just for a "sign")?

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: August 14, 2007, 06:13:26 pm »

This may be obvious, but have you tried asking your guide if he will show himself to you (and not just for a "sign")?

Hehehe, yeah I do, sorry, should've put that in there! 

It almost feels like he's doing it to wind me up because he thinks he's being funny...  Roll Eyes

Halstrom
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 29, 2010, 04:42:20 pm

Religion: Seeker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 14, 2007, 07:10:31 pm »

Or any ideas on how I could perhaps improve my techniques, or whether it's a sign to give up because he doesn't want to be seen!

Sylvia Browne has an excelent book called "Contacting Your Spirit Guide" which comes with a CD that has a guided mediatation. Go here for the book if you want it.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 14, 2007, 07:22:45 pm »

Not that it helps any but I keep wanting to say...

It almost feels like he's doing it to wind me up because he thinks he's being funny...  Roll Eyes

..it's perfectly possible he does  Undecided

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 14, 2007, 08:01:19 pm »

It almost feels like he's doing it to wind me up because he thinks he's being funny...

I have to agree with Purplewitch.  It's very possible that he's amusing himself.  It wouldn't be the first time someone had a guide who was a bit of a trickster.  Smiley

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 14, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »

I have to agree with Purplewitch.  It's very possible that he's amusing himself.  It wouldn't be the first time someone had a guide who was a bit of a trickster.  Smiley

sometimes personality isn't necessarily a good thing lol

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: August 14, 2007, 08:42:02 pm »

Hehehe, yeah I do, sorry, should've put that in there! 

I'm also wondering if there's some /reason/ you shouldn't be seeing his face .. like there's something you have to figure out for yourself.

or that sight would distract you from something important.  Perhaps there's something else you should use as your focus.  Why do you WANT to see?

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: August 15, 2007, 05:28:18 am »

or that sight would distract you from something important.  Perhaps there's something else you should use as your focus.  Why do you WANT to see?

Because I'm nosey!  Maybe that's what he's trying to say, that I don't always need to see things to know they're there.  It did occur to me, but I did wonder if it was just me doing something not quite right...

As for teasing, yeah, I have also wondered if that is simply the case, as it feels that way.  It wouldn't surprise me if I attract that sort of guide!

Sylvia Browne has an excelent book called "Contacting Your Spirit Guide" which comes with a CD that has a guided mediatation.

Thanks, I love Sylvia Browne, when money is not so tight I will buy that.

Thank you all for your help.

I think what I will do next time is just ask outright if there is a reason I shouldn't see or if he is just having fun.  Although I've asked him to reveal himself I've never asked about a reason, assuming that it was actually something to do with me, rather than him.

I'll let you know how I get on  Smiley

I had an experience where "someone" came in to my bedroom one night and asked me to follow him, but I know it's not the same one because they are different age, build, race, height, everything except gender, even dressed blatantly differently. 

I did get up and follow him through the house but he disappeared and it occured to me that he actually meant spiritually follow, not literally!  It was only when I got back in to bed that it suddenly hit me I hadn't found it odd there was a strange man in my bedroom whom I willingly followed round my home, lol.  It didn't feel odd or uncomfortable though, and I know he is always with me because I feel him all the time, which is nice.

It just frustrates me because the second was so willing to show himself, I'm sure if I was quick enough I'd have been able to physically touch him, but I also don't feel a need to know his name, unlike the first.  Odd.

Thanks for listening to me rabbit on a bit.

Neme.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:30:57 am by nemesisfirestorm » Logged

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 15, 2007, 06:28:28 pm »

Has anyone else tried visualising their guide?  (Probably a silly question).

Anybody else have the same problems?  Or any ideas on how I could perhaps improve my techniques, or whether it's a sign to give up because he doesn't want to be seen!
Neme.

Ever concider that your guide isn't human? Maybe you are trying too hard to visualize a person when your guide is something completely different?

I would throw out visualizing and just meditate on seeing what he really is.  He could even be something that doesn't have a very tangible form.

I don't know, just some thoughts I had, maybe it will help.

Blessings

AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 15, 2007, 06:35:03 pm »

My problem is that although I can see my guide to a certain extent I can't see his face.  I can sit next to him, but still not see his face.  I can talk to him, but I can't hear the replies.

Am I trying too hard, or not hard enough?  Or am I just not meant to know?  It's not that there is no face or sound, it's there, but it's blurry, like when you've just rubbed your eyes!

I have some of the issues you do, I feel those around my when traveling, but I don't see them or hear them well. I often feel like an old woman, when I have to ask people to repeat themselves, or talk louder. And not being able see clearly comes with it's own set of problems, but in my experience I think the problem has it's roots in both my abilities and the people around me. Though my astral son and twins are always clear to me, sometimes I just can't tell the twins apart.  Tongue
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #11: August 15, 2007, 06:55:03 pm »

Ever concider that your guide isn't human? Maybe you are trying too hard to visualize a person when your guide is something completely different?

I would throw out visualizing and just meditate on seeing what he really is.  He could even be something that doesn't have a very tangible form.

No, I didn't think that, but then I get a very strong feeling he is human, I see everything but the face, and that was from the get go, with no preconceptions as to whether or not he was human.  I do feel he isn't the only one, I feel there is probably a cat somewhere (why, I don't know, I'm more a dog person!) but this one is definitely human.  Hmph!

Interesting point of view though, and I will ask and check, if he'll tell me!

I have some of the issues you do, I feel those around my when traveling, but I don't see them or hear them well. I often feel like an old woman, when I have to ask people to repeat themselves, or talk louder. And not being able see clearly comes with it's own set of problems, but in my experience I think the problem has it's roots in both my abilities and the people around me. Though my astral son and twins are always clear to me, sometimes I just can't tell the twins apart.  Tongue

I wish I had got as far as people!  I can't even get the one  Wink  Mind you, I sometimes feel like an old woman in the here and now, let alone anywhere else..!

To all
Everyone is so helpful here, I keep saying it, but it really has shocked me how comfy I feel using this forum!  *sigh*  Cheesy

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #12: August 15, 2007, 07:13:11 pm »

I wish I had got as far as people!  I can't even get the one  Wink  Mind you, I sometimes feel like an old woman in the here and now, let alone anywhere else..!

At least people can talk. Try having a conversation with a sarcastic bear. (Do not ask!!)

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #13: August 15, 2007, 07:40:19 pm »

At least people can talk. Try having a conversation with a sarcastic bear. (Do not ask!!)

I won't, I'm not sure I want to know... Wink

ps, if my SO walks in now he'll have me locked up in the nearest asylum, after reading your comments all night I'm sniggering like a snotty school kid!

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #14: August 15, 2007, 07:56:43 pm »

I won't, I'm not sure I want to know... Wink
you probably don't  Cheesy

ps, if my SO walks in now he'll have me locked up in the nearest asylum, after reading your comments all night I'm sniggering like a snotty school kid!
LOL mine doesn't snigger any more. Eventually the good ones get used to weird Wink Especially after it happens to them! Me? Snigger? Never!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)