The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 28, 2022, 04:44:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2022, 04:44:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Question on meditating and guides  (Read 11346 times)
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member
Last Login:March 11, 2008, 07:07:34 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Brighideach Druid (OBOD) and a little bit of witchery thrown in.

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 15, 2007, 08:07:02 pm »

you probably don't  Cheesy
LOL mine doesn't snigger any more. Eventually the good ones get used to weird Wink Especially after it happens to them! Me? Snigger? Never!

Mine had to get used to weird the day he met me, I'm happy to admit to anyone that'll listen that I'm a raving loony (a nice one obviously) and if you don't like it you can lump it Grin  Mwahahaha!

Mae'r cariad at fy ngwlad yn berwi yn fy ngwaed.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 15, 2007, 08:10:08 pm »

Mine had to get used to weird the day he met me, I'm happy to admit to anyone that'll listen that I'm a raving loony (a nice one obviously) and if you don't like it you can lump it Grin  Mwahahaha!

Exactly. As I've often said, mine knew what he was getting long before I came to live with him. Works both way mind you Wink

And, since I should be honest, he never did snigger, but that wouldn't have sounded so good, now would it?

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 15, 2007, 08:18:34 pm »

Exactly. As I've often said, mine knew what he was getting long before I came to live with him. Works both way mind you Wink

And, since I should be honest, he never did snigger, but that wouldn't have sounded so good, now would it?

You're right, it wouldn't have, however saying he never sniggered doesn't sound too good either lol! Wink

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #18: August 15, 2007, 08:20:09 pm »

You're right, it wouldn't have, however saying he never sniggered doesn't sound too good either lol! Wink

True!

Enchanted Spirit
Journeyman
Last Login:March 26, 2008, 11:16:10 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: August 17, 2007, 12:35:45 am »

I can see my guide to a certain extent I can't see his face.  I can sit next to him, but still not see his face.  I can talk to him, but I can't hear the replies.

I can see my guides face and I can hear her during meditation. While I'm in a meditative state I keep thinking I'm going to remember everything she's telling me, but the minute I start comming out of meditation I forget everything she said. I can remember everything we did and everywhere we went during the meditation, but not what she has told me.  About half the time I see her, my Grandfather is there as well.  He speaks to me (mentally, his lips never move-same with my guide) and sometimes I can remember what he's told me.
Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #20: August 17, 2007, 02:40:38 am »

I always say that I'm nuttier than a fruitcake.  But then again for me it's a genetic disposition, I come from a long line of nuts. Cheesy

Dork of Massive Proportions
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #21: August 17, 2007, 12:40:46 pm »

I always say that I'm nuttier than a fruitcake.  But then again for me it's a genetic disposition, I come from a long line of nuts. Cheesy

Maybe we're related then! Shocked

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #22: August 17, 2007, 12:43:56 pm »

I can see my guides face and I can hear her during meditation. While I'm in a meditative state I keep thinking I'm going to remember everything she's telling me, but the minute I start comming out of meditation I forget everything she said. I can remember everything we did and everywhere we went during the meditation, but not what she has told me.  About half the time I see her, my Grandfather is there as well.  He speaks to me (mentally, his lips never move-same with my guide) and sometimes I can remember what he's told me.

Wow, that must be really frustrating... Angry  It's a shame you can't have a kind of "record" button to hit in your head for playback later, that would be really handy...

It must be nice to see your Grandfather though, I would love that Smiley

Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #23: August 17, 2007, 04:13:54 pm »

Maybe we're related then! Shocked

maybe O.o

after all I am part british, irish, and scottish...and I do have a very british last name...but then again I'm alot of other things too....my ancestors got around a bit  Cheesy

Dork of Massive Proportions
Enchanted Spirit
Journeyman
Last Login:March 26, 2008, 11:16:10 am

Religion: Pagan Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: August 17, 2007, 04:18:20 pm »

Wow, that must be really frustrating... Angry  It's a shame you can't have a kind of "record" button to hit in your head for playback later, that would be really handy...

It must be nice to see your Grandfather though, I would love that Smiley

Yes, it is nice to see my Grandfather.  I'm very close to my Grandmother, so maybe that's why.   Smiley
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #25: August 17, 2007, 05:09:48 pm »

maybe O.o

after all I am part british, irish, and scottish...and I do have a very british last name...but then again I'm alot of other things too....my ancestors got around a bit  Cheesy

So did mine I believe, so it's quite likely!

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #26: August 17, 2007, 05:11:32 pm »

Yes, it is nice to see my Grandfather.  I'm very close to my Grandmother, so maybe that's why.   Smiley

Well hopefully I'll be able to see mine too one day, and a lot of others I miss too... Smiley

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #27: August 17, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »

Has anyone else tried visualising their guide?

I had a name for my guide earlier.  I didn't hear it so much as feel it, but I might have heard it too, I'm not sure if it was him telling me, or me thinking it when it came to me!  I definitely need to try and clarify things a bit better lol! 

There was also a visual link too, he asked me to look at the ground next to where we were sitting to help me know, and it was like an invisible stick was writing it in the dirt, and although the word wasn't clear to read I knew what it was, and the plants in the ground were also a direct link/clue to the name. 

I'm going to see if I can further that in some way, just to confirm I'm not making it up, although I have no idea how to do that.  Maybe I need to start trusting my instincts a bit more and try just going with them...

He certainly seems to like the direct questions approach though (thank you!) and even seems to want me be a little bit pushy.  Maybe he's trying to tell me something!

Anyway, I'm certainly starting to feel a little more confident about it all now Smiley

Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #28: August 18, 2007, 01:26:50 am »

Has anyone else tried visualising their guide?  (Probably a silly question).

I don't know if I have a guide or not. I do think I have some sort of house.. spirit in my basement. Its not 'evil', but I do think that it either likes freaking us (being my and my brother), or it just doesn't like people. I can really only feel him (if this is 'feeling', 'he' 'feels' masculine. Heh) in the basement, and just around the doorway where the steps go from the basement to the main floor, when I'm either alone or when all the lights are off late at night.

I figure that if I'm not just all crazily making this up in my head, that 'he' likes the dark and doesn't like lots of people around him.

I think one of the best evidence (other than myself) I have of something being there is of my brother. He can go on a 0 to 60 in 5 seconds roller coaster upside down ride, play first-person-shooter games with bloody M-rated graphics of World War 2, watch every Saw movie one after the other LAUGHING, along with both The Hills Have Eyes and probably every other recent bloody-horror movie out right now without even being scared. Yet only two things scare him:

Our basement ... and spiders.

He refuses to watch the scene where Harry (in the second movie) goes into Aragog's nest, and he needs to have every light on in the basement for him to go downstairs. It wasn't until this year that he would go downstairs by himself. He just still needs most of the lights on.

.. I guess that really isn't a guide. Haha. But I haven't tried talking with 'him', or whatever it is. Tempted, but...

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #29: August 18, 2007, 09:34:11 am »

I don't know if I have a guide or not. I do think I have some sort of house.. spirit in my basement.

I figure that if I'm not just all crazily making this up in my head, that 'he' likes the dark and doesn't like lots of people around him.

.. I guess that really isn't a guide. Haha. But I haven't tried talking with 'him', or whatever it is. Tempted, but...

That sounds a little like someone/thing (?) I have with me.  I have always felt this person (for want of a better word) is with me, and I saw him once, in my room.  He was a big built man in a suit, looked like a nightclub bouncer!  He had a nice smile and I felt really comfortable though, and like I said before, I've never needed to ask a name or find out why he's there.  I guess he felt kind of more like a Guardian Angel and I've just assumed that's what he is.

I often feel him around me, as in sense him there.

I also have what I call my "ghostie".  Lol.  This is something I've had around me since early childhood.  Wherever I live, it comes with me.  The room gets cool and a draft comes in my direction then my lap goes cold, as if it's sitting on me!  I know it's not just me as I've made people (parents, siblings, friends etc) feel my lap when it happens, because they laugh at me when I say what it is!  They are always quite shocked to feel how cold my legs are in comparison to the rest of me, I'm usually very warm to touch.

This entity opens and shuts doors (as in tightly shut, not caught in a draught), occasionally turns things on and off, runs my taps sporadically for a few seconds and bangs on the bedroom window sometimes.  And I'm pretty sure it is responsible for my complete lack of ability in finding things that I know I've put somewhere and aren't there any more!

I understand what you mean about not being sure about talking to him though.  Sometimes you really don't want to incase you open up something you can't close down again, particularly if you don't necessarily feel comfortable with the impressions you get...

Having said that, curiosity can over rule common sense sometimes Wink

watch every Saw movie one after the other LAUGHING

And you're worried that you're crazy?! Grin  I watched the first one and wouldn't go to the bathroom on my own for a week afterwards, seriously...

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)