The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 05, 2022, 08:30:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2022, 08:30:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: School time again  (Read 14290 times)
Underwater Thing
Journeyman
Last Login:May 24, 2010, 03:51:18 pm
United States United States

Religion: Researching....Again.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 20, 2007, 03:30:42 pm »

So, I'm dropping AP English for regular, because I'd rather take an A in a regular class than a C in an AP (Just to be sure.  I'm just not up to it.)  So, thursday, when we get a tour of the new school (They built a new building for us, so the old high school is for the middle schoolers.)  I'll have to ask them to change my schedule.
My friend Rebecca is mad at me hehe.

"The sun is a flame-white disc
in silken mists
above shining trees,-
if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror."
-William Carlos Williams; Danse Russe.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

timesarose
Apprentice
Last Login:August 19, 2008, 03:48:49 pm

Religion: pagan-druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 20, 2007, 04:42:04 pm »

Does anyone else find they totaly have NO time for circles/rituals etc with the homework load?

completely, i hate it, its gonna be my junior year, meaning ive gotta buckle down and pretty much get the future ready blecckkk

i feel like im not gonna have any time for my meditating, reading  pagan books, rituals, or searching at all

why oh why must there be so much to do
i want to go and get college over with,
then move to ireland instead of damned L.A. dammit!

"You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
(Make it out)
You will live to tell
(Live to tell)
You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
(And I know)
You can make it out
You will live to tell.."

Saosin "You're Not Alone"
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: August 20, 2007, 06:27:39 pm »

So, I'm dropping AP English for regular, because I'd rather take an A in a regular class than a C in an AP (Just to be sure.  I'm just not up to it.) 

I dropped "Enriched English" after my freshman year in high school (early 1970s) when I discovered that the main difference between enriched and regular English classes was the enriched classes did twice as much busywork -- and I discovered that anyone with the cash could take the AP tests their Senior year. Took regular English did 50% of the busywork, pissed off the head of the English department several times over, had no problem with the AP test. Wink

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Underwater Thing
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: August 20, 2007, 09:04:32 pm »

I dropped "Enriched English" after my freshman year in high school (early 1970s) when I discovered that the main difference between enriched and regular English classes was the enriched classes did twice as much busywork -- and I discovered that anyone with the cash could take the AP tests their Senior year. Took regular English did 50% of the busywork, pissed off the head of the English department several times over, had no problem with the AP test. Wink

Hahaha, that's great.  It's true.  The only difference is the work load, and maybe a little more depth.  The only AP class I really like is the History Courses, which I'm keeping.
I'm not usre if they offer AP tests for anyone at my school, but I'm too worried about SAT's to worry about AP tests. 

in silken mists
above shining trees,-
if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror."
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #19: August 20, 2007, 11:00:05 pm »

So, I'm dropping AP English for regular, because I'd rather take an A in a regular class than a C in an AP (Just to be sure.  I'm just not up to it.)  So, thursday, when we get a tour of the new school (They built a new building for us, so the old high school is for the middle schoolers.)  I'll have to ask them to change my schedule.
My friend Rebecca is mad at me hehe.

I'm ever more tempted to drop Bio. I don't really need it. I COULD pick up an extra English class, so I'd be good for university, but I plan on going to college -- better education for work skills and probably half the time.. and cheaper. Hah! I heard RR had a better art program anyways. Hm.

Ah, damn. D:

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Underwater Thing
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: August 21, 2007, 12:52:46 am »

I'm ever more tempted to drop Bio. I don't really need it. I COULD pick up an extra English class, so I'd be good for university, but I plan on going to college -- better education for work skills and probably half the time.. and cheaper. Hah! I heard RR had a better art program anyways. Hm.

Ah, damn. D:

You just want to drop bio to be with Jon.
=D

in silken mists
above shining trees,-
if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror."
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #21: August 21, 2007, 09:13:24 pm »

You just want to drop bio to be with Jon.
=D

Yeah. I do. Before, it was just because I didn't really want to sign up for it. I put it on there with the intentions of taking it off.. which I should be doing it this week. I don't have any plans to further myself in Bio, plus I am more than certain we are going to be learning the same things all over again.

.. I'm such a pessimist.

“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: August 23, 2007, 06:11:58 pm »

So what are you guys all feeling right now about going back to school?

Yay! this is so exciting!!! I'm only a tenth grader, so my classes aren't that hard. i mean my school's so easy, i can take preap/ap everything and not sweat (and wear supposed to be the best school in the city...ha! and that's saying something, because i live in houston, which is the fourth biggest city in the country...)

I go to an arts school, so the people there are awesome. I feel sorry for all you guys in uniforms. We don't even have a dress code. There's a group of kids that come to school in their pjs and bedroom slippers carrying their pillows and blankets with them. seriously. i'm not kidding.

wish me luck on my audition on monday. i'm hoping to make 4th chair first violin, but i won't be disappointed if i just make it in at all.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #23: August 23, 2007, 06:15:53 pm »

wish me luck on my audition on monday. i'm hoping to make 4th chair first violin, but i won't be disappointed if i just make it in at all.

Good luck!

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: August 23, 2007, 06:28:47 pm »

Good luck!

Lol, thanks.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: August 23, 2007, 06:34:12 pm »

Good luck!!!

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: August 23, 2007, 07:28:33 pm »

Good luck to you Mothril!

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #27: August 23, 2007, 11:03:17 pm »

I go to an arts school, so the people there are awesome. I feel sorry for all you guys in uniforms. We don't even have a dress code. There's a group of kids that come to school in their pjs and bedroom slippers carrying their pillows and blankets with them. seriously. i'm not kidding.

Maaaan, I wanna go to an arts school.

I also wear pajama bottoms alot, but they're more for just wearing outside than in bed. Plus these arn't even my pjs, they're my boyfriend's. Cheesy

And good luck, Mithrol!

Nevyn
Journeyman
Last Login:February 01, 2011, 10:42:36 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: August 27, 2007, 07:32:14 pm »

But this year a part of me is screaming inside, "NO DEAR GOD NO"... <snip> ...So far I haven't degenerated into hysterics, but I make no promises. Cheesy

So what about you?

So now you've explained how half the teachers are feeling Wink how about you? Seriously as an ex teacher, I can guarantee they are feeling the same hahahah! I used to love my AS and A2 classes (16 -18 for non UK types) but anything else used to fill me with horror, year 7's especially they are like needy little ants all eager and clone like; and man, the workload Tongue

catja6
Board Staff
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:March 21, 2022, 04:36:11 pm
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: August 27, 2007, 08:08:10 pm »

Listen to those enthusiastic yays! *dodges flying objects*

Good luck to all those going back to school!  This will be pretty much the first autumn since, like, age 5, that I'm not a student, just a teacher, and I haven't even begun to process that.  (I only graduated two weeks ago, so that has something to do with it!)  But still, I love this time of year -- I always feel very energized and excited in the fall, and get a bit depressed and worn out in the spring.  I just love buying school supplies, too.   Cheesy

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)