The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 06, 2021, 10:21:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 10:21:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: School time again  (Read 13004 times)
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #30: August 27, 2007, 09:24:39 pm »

So now you've explained how half the teachers are feeling Wink how about you?

I figure they don't like putting up with this.  Cheesy We're a bunch of mini-ghetto suburban kids restless with society. I do blame this however upon the Board of Education and the administration at this school. They do a real horrible job, especially in trying to keep this school safe as well as school spirit up.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #31: August 27, 2007, 09:25:47 pm »

But still, I love this time of year -- I always feel very energized and excited in the fall, and get a bit depressed and worn out in the spring.  I just love buying school supplies, too.   Cheesy

Me too, oddly. Last year I was all excited for school, especially to go back and be with my friends again. And yes, the school supplies! They're all nice and shiny and new and colourful.

And then somehow at the end of December you're wondered where half the hell of them went!

“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 30, 2011, 03:41:46 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: not at all sure

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: August 28, 2007, 10:35:16 am »

So what are you guys all feeling right now about going back to school?

I've got exactly 2 weeks left now, and I'm having a bad conscience because I haven't started on my 30-page-essay on the Salem Witch Trials yet  Sad.

Ok, it's only due end of January, but I've known the topic since March and have only read about half of one of the at least six books I have to read for it. And given that next year is going to be really hard work, being my last year at school and each and every test counting to the average grade of my leaving examinations, I had hoped to get some work done in the summer vacations... I'm just a really good procrastinator, I'll be working through the Christmas holidays, I think  Sad

But this year a part of me is screaming inside, "NO DEAR GOD NO" of going back, simply because I'm scared that this is my last year in high school. After this its over. So far I haven't degenerated into hysterics, but I make no promises. Cheesy

Same with me there, it's really scary that after this year real life is waiting out there. Doesn't help that I'm not 100 percent decided what exactly to do afterwards. I'm really glad that I have at least a basic idea at last, though  Grin

And good luck for your final year at school!!!

And yes, the school supplies! They're all nice and shiny and new and colourful.
And then somehow at the end of December you're wondered where half the hell of them went!

*dreamy* School supplies! I love them, too...

But with me they don't even last until December. For example last year I bought this great, totally flexible (=basically unbreakable, which is just perfect for me Wink ) protractor, I was soooo happy (ok, I'm a bit crazy about things like that, I admit it). And guess what happened. No, it didn't break, it was just perfect - until I lost it in the third week of being back to school after the summer vacations  Cry. Never found anything like it again...

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your vacations, everyone!!!
And for those already back to school: My thoughts are with you while I'm still lying in bed at ten in the morning Wink

Owl
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #33: August 28, 2007, 12:25:03 pm »

Same with me there, it's really scary that after this year real life is waiting out there. Doesn't help that I'm not 100 percent decided what exactly to do afterwards. I'm really glad that I have at least a basic idea at last, though  Grin

I have no idea either, but I suspect it will have something to do with either computers or the arts. Right now I'm just trying to pound it into the head of my grandparents that I DO NOT want to become: a lawyer, a doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist, a neurosurgeon, or anything else that involves 8+ in education+training+etc that I have no interest in whatsoever. Tongue

And good luck for your final year at school!!!

Thank you! Smiley Good luck with your essay!

GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Germany Germany

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: August 29, 2007, 09:00:42 am »

I have no idea either, but I suspect it will have something to do with either computers or the arts.

I'll probably take part in a "Voluntary Ecological Year" (for want of a better translation  Huh) and then take an undergrad course in either Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry or Pharmacy...

Good luck with your essay!
Thanks!
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: August 31, 2007, 11:05:34 pm »

And good luck, Mithril!

Thanks everybody that wished me luck! I'm actually sure i made a difference because i did *insanely* well, and i don't feel that i deserved it but, i'm not complaining.!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Germany Germany

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: September 11, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »

I've got exactly 2 weeks left now

And those two weeks were over today Sad

*RANT WARNING*

I can't believe what our English teacher did today. It was the first day back at school, and he let us write a comment. Nothing unusual in an English lesson. Then he let five of us read it out. Nothing all that unusual, too. But. He. Gave. Us. Marks. For. It!!! Can you believe it? Very first lesson of the year and he starts marking immediately? You're just back from vacation, trying to adjust your brain to school, and barely remember the basics of comment-writing and then he does that to you. No wonder he's the most unpopular English teacher at our school. Doesn't help that he teaches half of his lessons in German. German! I mean, we're an English "achievement course" (that's the word-to-word translation of the term, so far I haven't come up with a better one) and he talks German, I know no other teacher who does that, my English teacher in grade 11 f'ex only did it when we were translating (and she is the best English teacher on earth   Kiss)... Obviously, I was one of the five who had to read out, I'm always lucky when it comes to things like that... I don't know what mark I got yet, and I know it probably won't be all that bad, but still... it's unfair  Angry

Soooo... now I'm feeling better  Smiley You can ignore this  Wink

Owl
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:21:41 pm by GordianOwl, Reason: fixed typos » Logged
timesarose
Apprentice
Last Login:August 19, 2008, 03:48:49 pm
United States United States

Religion: pagan-druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: September 12, 2007, 10:27:52 am »

And those two weeks were over today Sad

*RANT WARNING*

I can't believe what our English teacher did today. It was the first day back at school, and he let us write a comment. Nothing unusual in an English lesson. Then he let five of us read it out. Nothing all that unusual, too. But. He. Gave. Us. Marks. For. It!!! Can you believe it? Very first lesson of the year and he starts marking immediately? You're just back from vacation, trying to adjust your brain to school, and barely remember the basics of comment-writing and then he does that to you. No wonder he's the most unpopular English teacher at our school. Doesn't help that he teaches half of his lessons in German. German! I mean, we're an English "achievement course" (that's the word-to-word translation of the term, so far I haven't come up with a better one) and he talks German, I know no other teacher who does that, my English teacher in grade 11 f'ex only did it when we were translating (and she is the best English teacher on earth   Kiss)... Obviously, I was one of the five who had to read out, I'm always lucky when it comes to things like that... I don't know what mark I got yet, and I know it probably won't be all that bad, but still... it's unfair  Angry

Soooo... now I'm feeling better  Smiley You can ignore this  Wink

Owl

geez that is unfair, my english teacher keeps saying she wants us to grade our own in the first few weeks, and speaking german in the class, wow

course in the U.S. the only classes we have were they don't speak english is a foreign language class, and i can barely do well in those classes as it is
is english your second language or first?
i find it seems more interesting school systems that are in other countries, actually anything thats not in the U.S. is interesting to me Tongue

good luck with that class though

"You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
(Make it out)
You will live to tell
(Live to tell)
You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
(And I know)
You can make it out
You will live to tell.."

Saosin "You're Not Alone"
GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Germany Germany

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: September 12, 2007, 01:36:03 pm »

is english your second language or first?

Second, I've been learning it at school for 8 years...

i find it seems more interesting school systems that are in other countries, actually anything thats not in the U.S. is interesting to me Tongue

How it works in Germany is that in the last two years of school you can choose what subjects you want to take, given that certain requirements are met (you have to take German, History and Math, f'ex). There are two types of courses, achievement courses and basic courses. You have two achievement courses (mine are English and Biology), in which you have 5 lessons a week, and 7-9 basic courses, with two to three weekly lessons... You sit the Abitur (leaving examinations) in four subjects, the two achievment courses and two basic courses (mine are going to be Ethics and Math or German).

For me, anything that's not Germany is interesting  Wink

good luck with that class though

Thanks! I've already survived a year with this teacher, and I guess I will survive this year, too... Although some time I might explode and tell him what I think of his classes. But I really pray that won't happen, as he's known to be pretty resentful into the bargain, and he also teaches my Ethics basic course, meaning that he marks half of my Abitur... *keeps her temper*  Smiley

Owl

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)