The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 25, 2020, 08:38:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2020, 08:38:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Finding the right path and a God/Goddess  (Read 11569 times)
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member
Last Login:March 11, 2008, 07:07:34 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Brighideach Druid (OBOD) and a little bit of witchery thrown in.

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #14: August 16, 2007, 10:04:55 am »

And I'm just dying of curiosity. Whenever you feel comfortable, that is. Wink

Ok, drum roll........  Lol!  Her name is Belisama Smiley

I haven't heard of Her before, but I decided to find a list of Celtic Gods and her name jumped out straight away, even after scrolling through the whole lot.

Right, here are the bits I've found out about Her so far.  This is all from the web, so I don't know how accurate it all is, so please correct me if I'm wrong!

Her name means something along the lines of Bright One, Fiery One, Summer Bright.  She is the Goddess of light and fire (I have a strong affinity with fire, and I'm a leo), forging and crafts (I love my crafting), rivers and creeks (I spent most of my childhood outside up to my knees in rivers!) and the sun and the moon (I love both these, I can sun/moon bathe for hours!) and the sky.

She is also (possibly?) the Goddess of wisdom (I like to think I'm clever Wink ) and of healing (which I feel a strong urge to learn/do).

She is in the Tylwyth Teg stories, which I loved as a child when we learned them in school.  She is also, possibly, in one of the Lady of the Lake stories (where She takes the cattle back to the lake), which is a story I loved and felt close to as a child.

According to another site Belisama wears silver and diamonds.  I hate gold, I adore silver or white gold, I love clear stones like diamonds, or if coloured I prefer red (fire).

Possibly She is the muse of poetry (which I've always written therapeutically) and music (my whole family has a pull to music and we use it to express ourselves, not necessarily playing, but listening).

Someone else associated Her with Brecon, which as I said in a different post, is not far from here, and I loved playing there when we'd go up there as children.

Belisama also has links with Italy (we have Italian heritage).

Some sites say She is the Goddess of the Mersey river, however others say it is more likely to be a river further north, judging from old maps.  This river is called the Ribble.  My nick name in secondary (high) school was Ribby, strange...

Also, my brother and I call each other Bella/Bello (see heritage above, it's about the only word we know lol!), cos we love each other lots and are both vain, lmao!

Obviously I need to go to the library and research and read properly, wasn't able to do this today as I wanted to, but so far it's seeming a bit more than coincidence to have so many links after feeling a pull to the name.

Hopefully nobody will tell me all of the above is wrong now!

I feel very excited and almost nervous (butterflies in the tummy!) about this, like a first date Smiley

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Neme.

I also forgot to mention my name.  I've said before how Nemesis Firestorm just came to me (and I didn't even know what nemesis meant at the time), and of course Firestorm fits with Belisama too Smiley
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:35:12 am by nemesisfirestorm, Reason: Added the sentence about my name. » Logged

Mae'r cariad at fy ngwlad yn berwi yn fy ngwaed.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)