The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 25, 2019, 01:25:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2019, 01:25:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES WANTED FOR CAULDRON NEWSLETTER!  (Read 19367 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: August 19, 2007, 09:35:49 pm »

Hi, everyone.

As a member of the Cauldron Forum, you might know that the Cauldron also produces a monthly e-newsletter, Cauldron and Candle.  (Click here for subscription information:  http://www.ecauldron.com/cnc/index.php.) 

Newsletters include updates about the forum, links to especially interesting threads, book and movie reviews, poetry, and articles on a variety of paganism-related topics.

The editorial staff of Cauldron and Candle invites you to submit articles for publication in the newsletter.  

Article drafts must be submitted to me by the 15th of the month prior to the publication month.  I will review the article and work with the author to edit as necessary for grammar, typos, and clarification.  If the article meets the newsletter's standards, I will refer it to Randall for final approval.

PLEASE NOTE:  The newsletter is published in pure text with a maximum line width of 65 characters.  This is especially relevant to poetry and other things that need to have a fixed "look" as opposed to normal flowing paragraphs.

If you have an idea for an article, already have something written, or have any questions, please email me at moonivy53@gmail.com.

Moon Ivy
Acquisitions Editor, Cauldron and Candle

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: August 20, 2007, 07:20:52 am »

This is a little embarrassing .. do I have a column there for flamekeeping?  I think I do, but I'm not sure.

In any case, I'd be quite willing to share my work from my blog in the newsletter. Smiley

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: August 20, 2007, 07:40:29 am »

This is a little embarrassing .. do I have a column there for flamekeeping?  I think I do, but I'm not sure.

In any case, I'd be quite willing to share my work from my blog in the newsletter. Smiley

My understanding is that you do.  At least, it's appeared in the last several newsletters.

Randall, please let us know if we need to do anything other than what Shadow has been doing in the past.

Thanks.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: August 20, 2007, 07:53:45 am »

My understanding is that you do.  At least, it's appeared in the last several newsletters.

Randall, please let us know if we need to do anything other than what Shadow has been doing in the past.

Thanks.

oh good.  I stopped getting the newsletter at one point - I think it was changing email addys or something.  So I lost track of things.  *blush*

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 07, 2019, 10:49:07 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: August 20, 2007, 08:15:36 am »

This is a little embarrassing .. do I have a column there for flamekeeping? 

Yes, you still do. Smiley

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 28, 2007, 09:24:20 pm »

Are there any topics related to Witchcraft that anyone really wants to see covered? I don't mind submitting, I just need an idea to start with. It's been a while since I had time to sit down and read the newsletter, though I'm still getting it.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: August 28, 2007, 10:33:23 pm »

Are there any topics related to Witchcraft that anyone really wants to see covered? I don't mind submitting, I just need an idea to start with. It's been a while since I had time to sit down and read the newsletter, though I'm still getting it.

Just about anything would be great. Magic articles are always popular.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 30, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »

Just about anything would be great. Magic articles are always popular.

Ok. I'll think on it. I'll be out camping with the coven this weekend, so maybe one of them will have an idea for a topic. If worse comes to worse, I can always write about my experiences studying ADF druidry as a witch.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: August 30, 2007, 09:46:25 pm »

If worse comes to worse, I can always write about my experiences studying ADF druidry as a witch.

Karen, that actually might be a very interesting article.

Randall
Pixie Tales
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 09, 2008, 11:04:22 pm

Religion: Celtic Neo-Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 31, 2007, 07:15:16 pm »

Newsletters include updates about the forum, links to especially interesting threads, book and movie reviews, poetry, and articles on a variety of paganism-related topics.

I have several poems I wrote if you would like them, I would be more then willing to let you have them.

Is there a specific subject you would like? Or will anything about the "arts" work?

I do have one in mind that I have been told by others who read it on another wiccan/pagan forum board, was very nice and "touched" people and they could relate to it.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: August 31, 2007, 07:17:44 pm »

I have several poems I wrote if you would like them, I would be more then willing to let you have them.

Is there a specific subject you would like? Or will anything about the "arts" work?

I do have one in mind that I have been told by others who read it on another wiccan/pagan forum board, was very nice and "touched" people and they could relate to it.

The deadline for submissions for the next newsletter (October) will be September 15.  I'll post a reminder a few days before that.

If you have something you'd like to submit, by all means email it to me (moonivy53@gmail.com) and I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Pixie Tales
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 09, 2008, 11:04:22 pm

Religion: Celtic Neo-Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: September 01, 2007, 01:11:57 am »

If you have something you'd like to submit, by all means email it to me (moonivy53@gmail.com) and I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Ok, Thank You. I will be emailing you soon.
Malkin
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 07:53:38 pm

Religion: BTW

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: September 01, 2007, 02:09:39 am »

The editorial staff of Cauldron and Candle invites you to submit articles for publication in the newsletter.  

Article drafts must be submitted to me by the 15th of the month prior to the publication month.  I will review the article and work with the author to edit as necessary for grammar, typos, and clarification.  If the article meets the newsletter's standards, I will refer it to Randall for final approval.

PLEASE NOTE:  The newsletter is published in pure text with a maximum line width of 65 characters.  This is especially relevant to poetry and other things that need to have a fixed "look" as opposed to normal flowing paragraphs.

Pure text? Does this exclude the submission of something like, oh, I don't know...a cartoon? ::twiddles fingers::

Thessaly: It's time to draw down the moon.
Foxglove: We did this. Or something like this. We had water and salt, not blood. We invoked the goddess in her aspect as the moon. We called down her power...
Thessaly: Did she answer you?
Foxglove: Well, it felt good at the time. Empowering.
Thessaly: Hmph.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: September 01, 2007, 02:12:25 am »

Pure text? Does this exclude the submission of something like, oh, I don't know...a cartoon? ::twiddles fingers::

I don't know.  I'll have to check with Randall.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: September 01, 2007, 08:17:41 am »

Unfortunately, it does. Pure text means no drawings, no pictures, no fancy fonts, etc. This keeps the size of the monthly newsletter email to 100K or so. And means I can put it together in an afternoon instead of the days of work it would take to format/layout a fancy HTML or PDF newsletter.

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.