The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 16, 2021, 11:05:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2021, 11:05:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES WANTED FOR CAULDRON NEWSLETTER!  (Read 28149 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: December 14, 2007, 01:20:27 am »

Hi, everyone.

I'm a little late with this, but just want to remind you that the deadline for submissions for the January issue of the TC newsletter, Cauldron and Candle, is SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23.

(It's usually the 15th of the month, but I'm late with the notice, so I'm extending the deadline.)

If you have something you'd like to submit, please email it to me (preferably as a Word attachment) at moonivy53@gmail.com.

Thanks!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

ILuvEire
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 18, 2008, 04:15:58 am
France France

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: December 25, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »

Newsletters include updates about the forum, links to especially interesting threads, book and movie reviews, poetry, and articles on a variety of paganism-related topics.

Well I see that you already have someone writing Tarot articles. Would you like something about divining with the oghams? Or what about an article about Celtic Reconstructionism?

I could do some of those 'God of the Month' things? Like I could feature an article on a new god every month?

I'd like to do an article on Hoodoo (something like Hoodoo vs. Voodoo).

I'd also like to do an 'Intro To Numerology' article.

Any of these sound good at all?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: I left everything over the line the same, but I just thought up another one:
Magic vs. Magick

Sorry, I just don't like double posting (some of the other forums I'm on freak out if you double post).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:12:13 am by ILuvEire » Logged

-TYLER-
ITTR contact me for free Tarot readings.
Psionic Visionaries a site devoted to teaching psi.
I'm not going to do anything to you but if I were you, I'd be happy that I am not an artichoke-Endorra.
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #32: December 26, 2007, 04:52:20 am »

Perhaps you could try writing one or more of those articles, and then you can submit them.  after all, a title isn't really indicative of how good the essay is...

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #33: December 26, 2007, 07:31:27 am »

EDIT: I left everything over the line the same, but I just thought up another one:
Magic vs. Magick

Sorry, I just don't like double posting (some of the other forums I'm on freak out if you double post).

We prefer that you double post; in fact, it's actually against our rules to edit your post to add, change, or delete significant content after 2-3 minutes.  (Correcting typos and other such minor changes are OK, as long as you leave a note saying what you've done.)  After that point, the forum is busy enough that people have read your post, and the people who have already read it won't see the changes you've made.  In a debate thread, it also means that suddenly we're no longer all having the same conversation, which isn't fair to the other participants in the thread.

You might want to go back and re-read the rules, if you're just going on what's typical for most boards; we do have a few (especially our editing and quoting policies) that are different from the usual.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
ILuvEire
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 18, 2008, 04:15:58 am
France France

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: December 26, 2007, 10:53:33 am »

Perhaps you could try writing one or more of those articles, and then you can submit them.  after all, a title isn't really indicative of how good the essay is...

I did that just to see if any of that was unacceptable. Obviously it isn't because no one has said anything, so I'll get started.

-TYLER-
ITTR contact me for free Tarot readings.
Psionic Visionaries a site devoted to teaching psi.
I'm not going to do anything to you but if I were you, I'd be happy that I am not an artichoke-Endorra.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: December 26, 2007, 11:30:06 am »

I did that just to see if any of that was unacceptable. Obviously it isn't because no one has said anything, so I'll get started.

As Everfool said, it would be great if you could pick one of your topics and write it up.  When you're finished, send it to me at moonivy53@gmail.com (preferably as an attachment in Word format).  I'll take a look, and if I think any edits are necessary (usually they're just for typos and grammatical consistency and stuff like that), I'll let you know by email.  Once we're both happy with the draft, I will submit it to Randall for final editorial approval.

As you know, the newsletter is an ongoing monthly publication.  Usually I can turn submissions around quickly enough that they are ready for publication in the month after they were submitted to me.  Sometimes, though, Randall has too much material for a particular issue and will hold items for later publication.

All that is to say that whenever you get a submission to me will be fine.

Thanks!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #36: December 26, 2007, 11:45:14 am »

As you know, the newsletter is an ongoing monthly publication.  Usually I can turn submissions around quickly enough that they are ready for publication in the month after they were submitted to me.  Sometimes, though, Randall has too much material for a particular issue and will hold items for later publication.

And with the medical issues ongoing in the Host's family, a real newsletter hasn't been published since October. I missed November entirely and the December issue was a shadow of the usual newsletter with no real articles, even though I had several in the queue. Sad

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #37: December 26, 2007, 12:06:20 pm »

And with the medical issues ongoing in the Host's family, a real newsletter hasn't been published since October.

Don 't sweat it, Randall!  You have much more important things to worry about than the newsletter.  Those articles will keep, and then, when you're ready, you'll have plenty of material.

And don't forget to let us know if there's any way anyone can help!

dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #38: January 02, 2008, 07:52:10 pm »

And don't forget to let us know if there's any way anyone can help!

I just got a A in my Technical Editing class. If you need help copyediting, give me a yell. I'm happy to help.

When's the deadline for February? If I get my buns in gear soon, I may actually have something done.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #39: January 02, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »

I just got a A in my Technical Editing class. If you need help copyediting, give me a yell. I'm happy to help.

When's the deadline for February? If I get my buns in gear soon, I may actually have something done.

Karen

Congratulations on the A, and thanks for the offer!!  Yes, I'll take you up on it.

We have a sort of rolling deadline.  Around the 10th of the month, I try to post a call for submissions for the following month's newsletter.  The deadline to get them to me is the 15th.  I turn them around (some require editing for various reasons and I always work with the author to make sure any editing does not damage what the author was trying to say) and forward them to Randall by the end of the month.  He makes the final decision about what goes in the newsletter.

Right now, we're a little out of the groove because of Randall's real-life issues.  So it's hard to predict when the next issue will come out and how regular they will be for a while.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to accept articles people want to submit, and to prep them for Randall so they'll be ready when he needs them.

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #40: January 03, 2008, 08:00:01 am »

In the meantime, I'm continuing to accept articles people want to submit, and to prep them for Randall so they'll be ready when he needs them.

My memory for this is just terrible.  I know (I think) that the last tarot essay was in October or maybe even September, but I can't remember how far ahead I am in what I've sent you.

Also, the last essay went up unedited, so when I send it to you it will probably need some work.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #41: January 03, 2008, 08:19:24 am »

My memory for this is just terrible.  I know (I think) that the last tarot essay was in October or maybe even September, but I can't remember how far ahead I am in what I've sent you.

It was "Reading Tarot Cards - Accuracy" in the last real issue (October 07), published just before we found out Lyric had cancer. There was no November issue and the December issue didn't really have articles in it. Sad

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #42: January 03, 2008, 09:03:23 am »

It was "Reading Tarot Cards - Accuracy" in the last real issue (October 07), published just before we found out Lyric had cancer. There was no November issue and the December issue didn't really have articles in it. Sad

Okay, then I'm still three essays ahead, and I think Moon Ivy has at least one of them.

Moon Ivy:  I don't want to overload your inbox, so I'll wait until after the next issue before I send you more.  If you want them before that just let me know.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #43: January 03, 2008, 04:47:51 pm »

Okay, then I'm still three essays ahead, and I think Moon Ivy has at least one of them.

Moon Ivy:  I don't want to overload your inbox, so I'll wait until after the next issue before I send you more.  If you want them before that just let me know.

Absent

OK.  I believe Randall still has one from you yet to publish ("Reading Tarot Cards -- Reversals").  After he publishes that one, it will be time for more.

Thanks!

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #44: January 12, 2008, 08:58:52 pm »

Hi, everyone.

Once again, it's time to remind you that the deadline for submissions for the February issue of the TC newsletter, Cauldron and Candle, is FRIDAY, JANUARY 18.

As you know, our newsletter editor, Randall, has his personal life full at the moment.  He might not be able to publish a newsletter in February.  Nevertheless, if you have articles you want to submit, go ahead and send them to me, and we can be working on them for whenever Randall is ready to publish again.

If you have something you'd like to submit, please email it to me (preferably as a Word attachment) at moonivy53@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.