The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 12, 2021, 08:00:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2021, 08:00:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES WANTED FOR CAULDRON NEWSLETTER!  (Read 28589 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #45: August 06, 2008, 08:25:08 pm »

Calling all writers!! The Cauldron needs you!

As a member of the Cauldron Forum, you might know that the Cauldron also produces a monthly e-newsletter, Cauldron and Candle.  (Click here for subscription information:  http://www.ecauldron.com/cnc/index.php.) 

Although the newsletter was on a hiatus for a few months because of events in Randall's and Lyric's personal lives, Randall has resumed publishing it on a monthly basis.

Newsletters include updates about the forum, links to especially interesting threads, book and movie reviews, poetry, and articles on a variety of paganism-related topics.

The editorial staff of Cauldron and Candle invites you to submit articles for publication in the newsletter. 

Article drafts must be submitted to me by the 15th of the month prior to the publication month.  If possible, please send articles as email attachments in Word format to moonivy53@gmail.com.  If you can't do Word format, please paste the article into the body of your email.

I will review the article and work with the author to edit as necessary for grammar, typos, and clarification.  If the article meets the newsletter's standards, I will refer it to Randall for final approval.  Approved articles that are finalized after the deadline will be held for publication in a future issue.

PLEASE NOTE:  The newsletter is published in pure text with a maximum line width of 65 characters.  This is especially relevant to poetry and other things that need to have a fixed "look" as opposed to normal flowing paragraphs.

If you have any questions, please post here.  If you have an idea for an article or already have something written, please email me at moonivy53@gmail.com.

Moon Ivy
Acquisitions Editor, Cauldron and Candle

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Jorgath
Master Member
Last Login:March 31, 2010, 12:47:37 pm

Religion: Walker of the Silver Paths (Eclectic panentheistic path)

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #46: August 06, 2008, 11:42:11 pm »

Calling all writers!! The Cauldron needs you!

When is the next deadline/publication?  I may or may not be able to throw something together.

"There are some who call me...Tim."
-Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Walker of the Silver Paths

Live, love, and laugh.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #47: August 07, 2008, 10:23:42 pm »

When is the next deadline/publication?  I may or may not be able to throw something together.

The next deadline to get a draft to me will be Friday, August 15.  Then I'll spend a few days editing if necessary (and possibly clarifying things with you) before I send it to Randall for his final review and publication in the September newsletter.

This is an ongoing process, of course, so if you miss the August deadline, just aim for September 15.  Smiley

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #48: October 14, 2008, 04:35:47 pm »

Hey, all you writers out there!

I know you're out there.  I read your posts about writing poems and essays and all sorts of wonderful things.  Don't you want to share your gift with the rest of us?

Most of you already know that the Cauldron produces a monthly e-newsletter, Cauldron and Candle.  (Click here for subscription information:  http://www.ecauldron.com/cnc/index.php.)  Newsletters include updates about the forum, links to especially interesting threads, book and movie reviews, poetry, and articles on a variety of paganism-related topics.

The Cauldron and Candle needs your articles!  They can be a poems or essays or short stories, or just about anything, really, as long as they about panaism-related subjects.  This is a great opportunity to share your writing with your TC friends, and to help keep Randall and me busy and out of trouble.   Cool

If you're interested in submitting an article, please contact me at moonivy53@gmail.com

Here's how it works:

Article drafts that are submitted to me by the 15th of the month will be eligible for publication in the following month's newsletter.  After you contact me about your idea, and we agree on a timeline, I will ask you to send a draft to me, preferably as an attachment in Word format, if possible.  I will review the article and work with you to edit it as necessary for grammar, typos, and clarification.  If the article meets the newsletter's standards, I will refer it to Randall for final approval.  Approved articles that are finalized after the deadline will be held for publication in a future issue.

PLEASE NOTE:  The newsletter is published in pure text with a maximum line width of 65 characters.  This is especially relevant to poetry and other things that need to have a fixed "look" as opposed to normal flowing paragraphs.

If you have any questions, please post here.  If you have an idea for an article or already have something written, please email me at moonivy53@gmail.com.

I can't wait to read your articles!   Wink

Moon Ivy
Acquisitions Editor, Cauldron and Candle

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #49: November 21, 2008, 12:03:05 am »

Hey, Cauldron writers!

I know you're out there.  Please consider submitting your short stories, essays, poems, book reviews, etc. for publication in the TC e-newsletter, Cauldron and Candle.

Information on the submission and editing process is available in the post above.  If you have any questions, post here, or email me at moonivy53@gmail.com.

Thanks!

~MI

Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #50: November 21, 2008, 12:40:41 am »

When is the next deadline?  I was thinking of contributing but I'm not sure what to write on.  Is there anything in particular that hasn't been covered yet in the newsletter?  If not, I could look through my files and see if there's a poem or story I could send in.

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #51: November 21, 2008, 12:53:54 am »

When is the next deadline?  I was thinking of contributing but I'm not sure what to write on.  Is there anything in particular that hasn't been covered yet in the newsletter?  If not, I could look through my files and see if there's a poem or story I could send in.

It's a rolling deadline.  I ask that you submit by the 15th of the month before the publication month to give us time to go through editing, but it really depends on the volume and length of submissions.  (A poem would not need as much time, f'ex.) 

The 15th has passed for this month, but I'm willing to accept late submissions this time because I'm not working at the moment, so I can turn things around pretty quickly.  Once I start working again, I'll probably have to go back to the hard deadline.

(See this post for details about the process: http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=2416.msg122904#msg122904)

We're open to pretty much any topic that the TC audience would be interested in -- with the caveat that I will screen for appropriateness and Randall has the final veto.  That would include fiction; essays on topics related to pagan religions, magic, devination, herb lore, etc.; poetry -- I'll take a look at anything you'd be interested in contributing.

Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #52: November 26, 2008, 02:12:28 pm »

I think I would like to submit something.  I'm sure it will need some more work, but I'd be delighted if you could take a look at it?  I can either email it to you or you can look at it on my blog (link is located in my sig)

The title is called "Seasons Changing With Random Thoughts Galore", but I will be changing the title very soon.

*Síocháin*
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #53: November 26, 2008, 03:50:05 pm »

I think I would like to submit something.  I'm sure it will need some more work, but I'd be delighted if you could take a look at it?  I can either email it to you or you can look at it on my blog (link is located in my sig)

The title is called "Seasons Changing With Random Thoughts Galore", but I will be changing the title very soon.

That's great, Aine.  I'd be happy to look at it. Please email it to me -- as a Word attachment, if possible -- at moonivy53@gmail.com.

It's probably too late to get it into the December issue, but we should have time to get it into the January issue.

Thanks!

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #54: December 29, 2008, 11:17:19 am »

Hi, Cauldronites.

I *know* there are some writers out there.  Won't you consider submitting an essay, story, poem, etc. for possible publication in the Cauldron's e-newsletter?

All the information you need about when and how to make a submission is in the posts above.  If you have questions, please feel free to post here or to PM or email me.  My email address is moonivy53@gmail.com.

Thanks!

~MI

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #55: December 29, 2008, 11:30:41 am »

Hi, Cauldronites.

I *know* there are some writers out there.  Won't you consider submitting an essay, story, poem, etc. for possible publication in the Cauldron's e-newsletter?

All the information you need about when and how to make a submission is in the posts above.  If you have questions, please feel free to post here or to PM or email me.  My email address is moonivy53@gmail.com.

Thanks!

~MI

Feel free to snag my tarot essay if you think it fits. Smiley

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #56: December 30, 2008, 12:26:01 am »

Feel free to snag my tarot essay if you think it fits. Smiley

You're planning to do a series on your tarot deck, right?  I think it would make an interesting series for the newsletter.

Would you be interested in writing a brief intro explaining what you're doing and how?  By brief, I mean a couple-few sentences.  IIRC, you fleshed it out a bit in posts you made after posting the initial description of the first card. So an intro would just put all that in the opening paragraph.

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #57: December 30, 2008, 07:54:52 am »

You're planning to do a series on your tarot deck, right?  I think it would make an interesting series for the newsletter.

Would you be interested in writing a brief intro explaining what you're doing and how?  By brief, I mean a couple-few sentences.  IIRC, you fleshed it out a bit in posts you made after posting the initial description of the first card. So an intro would just put all that in the opening paragraph.

Sure, I can do that. Smiley

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #58: December 30, 2008, 03:19:35 pm »

Sure, I can do that. Smiley

Cool.  Thanks.

If you want to email it to me, send it to moonivy53@gmail.com.

Cathan
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 28, 2009, 07:25:45 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #59: December 30, 2008, 06:57:47 pm »

We're open to pretty much any topic that the TC audience would be interested in -- with the caveat that I will screen for appropriateness and Randall has the final veto.  That would include fiction; essays on topics related to pagan religions, magic, devination, herb lore, etc.; poetry -- I'll take a look at anything you'd be interested in contributing.

Do you have a word count limit?

Cathan Sian
www.silkenspiral.org

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.