The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 20, 2021, 09:51:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2021, 09:51:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Things I Don't Get about the Pagan Community  (Read 85728 times)
Gobae
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 11, 2008, 02:37:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: March 13, 2007, 07:45:14 pm »

-   2. Costumes (particularly crushed velvet and circlets)
Good question, there was actually a witchvox article asking why an unfortunately large number of pagans dress in Renn Faire garb for their ceremonies.

-   3. The ‘High Priest’ and ‘High Priestess’ thing
The terms were coined back in a time when many neo pagan groups were emerging and were grabbing terms not only that described the position but were "official" and sounded grand.  Remember many neo-pagan groups have their initial roots in the Victorian era and the position titles reflect that.

-   4. Pagan books
??  Specifics ??

-   5. Strange dirty old men
What better place for strange people to hang out than small often semi-secretive groups.

-   6. ‘Live Action Role Play’ geeks
These are often people who are hoping that real life pagan religions will be like their favorite fantasy books/tv/movie.  Most give it up quickly when they realize fantasy is just that.

-   7. Meat eaters
Already taken care of ad nausium

-   8. Crystals
Usage varies widely.

-   9. Pagans who rave about ‘Fluffy Bunnies’
Because fluffy bunnies tend to do a really good job of propogating (just like real bunnies).  Though in this case they're often propogating incorrect info, and do so in the most public manner possible.

-   10. The constant complaining about Christianity
Most of us have had really bad experiences with Christianity.  It's also annoying whenever the majority automatically (and often ignorantly) plows ahead and over the minority, with such righteous justification and/or abandon.

-   11. Beards and long hair
For me it's a connection to my roots (pun intended).  My ancestors (the Celts) were quite renown for their moustaches and beards.

-   12. The prevalence of people who need more exercise
This one is not any different than other religious groups.  At the risk of being seen as anti-christian, if the body is the temple of the holy spirit; there are some cathedrals out there.

-   13. Swords
I'm a blacksmith, I MAKE swords.  I have lots.

Gobae - The Blacksmith
Ancient Celtic Clans

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)