The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 06, 2021, 01:00:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2021, 01:00:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The need to heal  (Read 5631 times)
nemesisfirestorm
Master Member
Last Login:March 11, 2008, 07:07:34 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Brighideach Druid (OBOD) and a little bit of witchery thrown in.

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 23, 2007, 11:53:15 am »

LOL!  I was lucky enough to get a jar of the honey he received from the bee keeper. It was very good!!   Grin

Hmph!

I have no honey, I must go to market on Saturday...

My sisters in-laws used to keep bees, best ever in-laws I can think of having...  Their honey was yummy too!

Mae'r cariad at fy ngwlad yn berwi yn fy ngwaed.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #16: August 23, 2007, 03:43:22 pm »

I can't get into the rest of your post because there's to much /stuff/ for me to climb through to answer it clearly... so, I'm just going to toss out an idea here concerning Reiki.

It is an ambiguous thing.
I do understand the zen-reiki people and think it's true, that if somebody who just can't afford high priced attunement shouldn't be left behind. I couldn't and wouldn't have paid for the Kundalini Reiki Attunement f.ex.

But I also believe that energy has to flow.
And if you don't take gratitude or money for something you did, you're not only pointing out to the universe that you think your work is worth nothing, you also stop the flow of energy. Aaaand I've seen how some people can act if something's for free.

I'm an animal communicator and my teacher has a board where communications are offered for free.
Some people get really .... unpatient and demanding. There is a saying: if it costs nothing, it's worth nothing. And therefore I also understand the Usui Legend and the logic behind the idea to say: if you really think you need and want this attunement, so it should be worth to pay for.

For the Kundalini Attunement I'd never take money because a) I got it for free b) I agreed with the code of zen-reiki before being attuned and c) it is not a big effort to give it to another. There is only distant attunement and you get some infomaterial.

I paid for my 1. and 2. Degree Usui. I went to a free Reiki teacher (meaning waaaay cheaper than the Reiki Association) and I got a two day seminar for the 1. Degree, one whole day for the second - a lot of material to take home and a teacher who was willing to be there for you and be it a 1 am.

As soon as I can afford to go to him for 3. Degree and Teachers Degree, I will. Though zen-reiki offers Usui too. I had good experiences with this teacher and if I plan to do attunements in the future I'd like to take money for the work and afford.

But I'm with what you wrote, seeing someone who can't pay the amount - you'll charge less. That's understood in my book. But if someone can afford it, it doesn't harm him to pay for what he gets.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm
United States United States

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 23, 2007, 07:04:33 pm »

But I also believe that energy has to flow.
And if you don't take gratitude or money for something you did, you're not only pointing out to the universe that you think your work is worth nothing, you also stop the flow of energy. Aaaand I've seen how some people can act if something's for free.

I would agree.  From my POV there has to be an equal exchange of energy.  Just what that exchange will be is completely up to the parties involved.

Quote from: Tana
But I'm with what you wrote, seeing someone who can't pay the amount - you'll charge less. That's understood in my book. But if someone can afford it, it doesn't harm him to pay for what he gets.

Right.  A sliding scale is there for those who, for whatever reason, are unable to meet the full price of your skills.  This way a client can still get treatment or training and the practitioner is still valued for their skills.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: August 23, 2007, 09:49:16 pm »

Right.  A sliding scale is there for those who, for whatever reason, are unable to meet the full price of your skills.  This way a client can still get treatment or training and the practitioner is still valued for their skills.

If money is to be used as "trading tokens" for energy in an equal exchange of energy, the amount charged should be what the client would earn at his/her job for the number of hours the practitioner works for him. That way, each has traded the same number of hours of energy/work (an equal exchange of energy) through the medium of money.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: August 23, 2007, 11:59:44 pm »

That way, each has traded the same number of hours of energy/work (an equal exchange of energy) through the medium of money.

As long as both parties can agree to that then sure.  The key for me is to find a way for both parties to avoid feeling taken advantage of.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)