The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 17, 2021, 02:38:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 02:38:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a CauldronMUX account  (Read 7094 times)
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 24, 2007, 06:05:57 pm »

Hi, and thanks for reading this. ^^;

I'm trying to find the email to send an account request too.. but I can't seem to find it? I've read the entire page (took alot of reading and clicking, but I found it!), but when it asks me to click the name in the From line (thats you, Randall, I believe), there is no "Send email" option.

Am I missing something, or did the rules change?

Thank you in advance. Smiley

PS: I can't believe I posted this by accident in the Test board. How embarassing. ._.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: August 24, 2007, 08:04:08 pm »

Hi, and thanks for reading this. ^^;

I'm trying to find the email to send an account request too.. but I can't seem to find it? I've read the entire page (took alot of reading and clicking, but I found it!), but when it asks me to click the name in the From line (thats you, Randall, I believe), there is no "Send email" option.

Thank you in advance. Smiley

I don't believe we set up a thread for the MUX here on the new board. The link on the instructions page still points to the thread on the old board. At any rate, the way do do it was to Email (not PM) Randall and state the following:

Type "Account Request" in the subject line. In the body of the email, simply state that you will follow all of The Cauldron's rules and ask for an account on CauldronMUX. Please give the name you would like used for the account. (You may give a second choice, if you wish, just in case your first choice is taken).

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: August 24, 2007, 09:15:24 pm »

You know, that might explain why I haven't gotten any requests for a long while. I'll change the procedure link this weekend.  The first thing you will need to do is apply for Full Membership as I decided to make it easy on myself and just let Full Members have accounts rather than have to check people out twice.  See the Rules and Regs board for a "How to Become a Full Member" type message.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 25, 2007, 01:26:12 am »

I don't believe we set up a thread for the MUX here on the new board. The link on the instructions page still points to the thread on the old board. At any rate, the way do do it was to Email (not PM) Randall and state the following:

Type "Account Request" in the subject line. In the body of the email, simply state that you will follow all of The Cauldron's rules and ask for an account on CauldronMUX. Please give the name you would like used for the account. (You may give a second choice, if you wish, just in case your first choice is taken).

Really? Well.. that makes alot of sense then.

Thanks, Ocelot. Smiley

“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 25, 2007, 01:27:56 am »

You know, that might explain why I haven't gotten any requests for a long while. I'll change the procedure link this weekend.  The first thing you will need to do is apply for Full Membership as I decided to make it easy on myself and just let Full Members have accounts rather than have to check people out twice.  See the Rules and Regs board for a "How to Become a Full Member" type message.

When I know something is there, I tend to keep digging until I find it. I guess some just arn't as persistant (or stubborn? Cheesy)?

I have to be a Full Member? Ergh. Well.. I might as well. I was putting off on trying out.. but I suppose I gotta stop being such a chicken and finally do it. I really want to join you guys on the MUX! ^^;

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: August 25, 2007, 08:25:22 am »

When I know something is there, I tend to keep digging until I find it. I guess some just arn't as persistant (or stubborn? Cheesy)?

I'm glad you are as otherwise we might never have noticed there was a problem. Sad

I have to be a Full Member? Ergh. Well.. I might as well. I was putting off on trying out.. but I suppose I gotta stop being such a chicken and finally do it. I really want to join you guys on the MUX! ^^;

The original rules from the old board required a set number of messages and that you not be a problem -- so close to the requirements for full membership here that I see no need to have two separate systems.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: August 26, 2007, 11:26:12 am »

I have the current procedure up. See How to Obtain a CauldronMUX Account in the Rules and Regulations board.

Randall
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #7: August 26, 2007, 05:24:07 pm »

The original rules from the old board required a set number of messages and that you not be a problem -- so close to the requirements for full membership here that I see no need to have two separate systems.

Randall,  Rin is 17.  Is there a way for her to get a CaldrunMux account if she does not yet qualify as a full member?

Marilyn

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: August 26, 2007, 05:27:07 pm »

Randall,  Rin is 17.  Is there a way for her to get a CaldrunMux account if she does not yet qualify as a full member?

Marilyn

She can apply for a full membership exception, It would require a bit more looking into (as shes under 18) but the process is in the same thread as the application rules. The process is here

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: August 26, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »

If Rin would start trimming her quotes, I suspect she would soon qualify for a Full Membership under the teen exception rules. Her posts and behavior show an adult level of maturity (at least the last 40 or so I looked at) -- she's just not trimming quotes.

Randall
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 26, 2007, 06:05:03 pm »

If Rin would start trimming her quotes, I suspect she would soon qualify for a Full Membership under the teen exception rules. Her posts and behavior show an adult level of maturity (at least the last 40 or so I looked at) -- she's just not trimming quotes.

Whoops.  Embarrassed Thanks for the tip.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)