The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 02, 2021, 05:25:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2021, 05:25:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Healthy living  (Read 6892 times)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 31, 2007, 10:43:27 am »

part of it was just that somewhere in my brain, it became more of a serious commitment when I involved someone else instead of just being all, "Okay, I'm going to do this."

Oh, yes. I hate wasting someone else's time.

Also, I really look forward to the chance to hang out and chat, and knowing that I have that time once or twice a week has turned out to be really healthy for me in other ways.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 30, 2011, 03:41:46 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: not at all sure

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 31, 2007, 02:57:02 pm »

I've got to say, I didn't take the "Walk with a friend, it helps" stuff seriously until I started doing it.

I know that would probably help, but I live in a little village, and my friends live in other little villages... - that' s the disadvantage of living in the country Wink ... And driving six to ten kilometers and then start walking.... That thought somehow feels weird.

*sighs*
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 31, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »

I know that would probably help, but I live in a little village, and my friends live in other little villages... - that' s the disadvantage of living in the country Wink ... And driving six to ten kilometers and then start walking.... That thought somehow feels weird.

The friend I walk with lives about a 30-40 minute drive (these days: the bridge collapse in Minneapolis has done nasty things to traffic patterns near it: it used to be closer to 20 minutes in the car) and about 12 miles from my home (and a bit further from where I work, which is about another 5 miles.)

Of course, I'm not paying European gas prices, either. But I figure if I'm willing to pay the gas and time costs to see her in the first place (which I am, within reason: this is part of the reason we walk 1-2 times a week, not more), I'm also willing to make sure we have time to walk when I do see her.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
GordianOwl
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 30, 2011, 03:41:46 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: not at all sure

currently in lurk mode

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: September 01, 2007, 05:06:44 am »

Of course, I'm not paying European gas prices, either. But I figure if I'm willing to pay the gas and time costs to see her in the first place (which I am, within reason: this is part of the reason we walk 1-2 times a week, not more), I'm also willing to make sure we have time to walk when I do see her.

We normally arrange to spend time together after school in the town our school is in, so that neither of us has to drive too far. Now I come to think of it, there's a forest near our school with a path used by many people for walking/jogging... Maybe we could walk together there after school...
*thinks and starts writing emails to some friends who might be interested*
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:40:13 am by GordianOwl, Reason: Edited because with isn\'t spelled \"whith\" » Logged
Watches-Crows
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 05, 2007, 02:42:57 am

Religion: Art

May the end be dazzling.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: September 09, 2007, 05:30:26 pm »

Not nearly as much as I should Cheesy

I do spend a lot of time outdoors when it isn't winter, and I've started getting back into taking vitamins. Since late spring I've really been trying to limit fat intake do to blood work that showed high cholesterol and triglycerides (recheck next month, wish me luck).
I really should exercise more, but due to three fractured vertebrae over the last 8 years, and two degenerated discs in my back, pain and stiffness usually prevents me from the desire to exercise.

I run one day, lift weights the next, and rest on the third. In college, I walk regularly. My diet revolves around protein and fiber. I drink much water. I sing and play the bass. Sometimes I dance.

Excessively, I drink coffee, and my diet is too narrow.

loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: September 12, 2007, 10:43:30 pm »

I thought i would start up a post where us regular members can talk about what they do to keep a healthy lifestyle, after realising i couldn't post in the health and medicing thread.

So what do you do to maintain a helthy lifestyle?

A couple of yrs ago my physian put me on a bunch of vitatmins + fish oil and a glass of soy milk a day.  Certainly helped the blood work.

I also try and walk Robbie everyday about 18-22 blocks.  Should do more.  Rainy nights and very cold weather interfer.
Oakoftheforest
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 17, 2007, 02:11:25 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Paganism- Druidry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: September 14, 2007, 04:33:49 pm »

A couple of yrs ago my physian put me on a bunch of vitatmins + fish oil and a glass of soy milk a day.  Certainly helped the blood work.

I also try and walk Robbie everyday about 18-22 blocks.  Should do more.  Rainy nights and very cold weather interfer.

Im guessing Robbie is your dog Smiley
When im old enough and independant enough i am going to get a dog(though the word "get" doesnt suit the thought of finding a lifelong partner) and i hope that having a dog will help both our exercise timetbles.
Now though, being at school, i get plenty of exercise, as we have to do a lot of dancing.
Lost-in-Translation
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 14, 2009, 04:59:40 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Look Within - Trust Within.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: October 01, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »

I shop with a company that sales ALL natural, eco friendly products. They are guarnteed safe (chemical-free).
Since I have started using these natural products, I have noticed my health is 100 times better. I have more energy,
less allergies, and I just over all feel better.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:43:28 pm by Lost-in-Translation » Logged

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)