The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 08:29:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 08:29:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The dead spot  (Read 11288 times)
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: September 27, 2007, 12:45:44 pm »

Hey! thats what the leaves on my plants look like....wondering if I have any coke in the house....

Hope the problem was ph balance for the plants you were growing in the spot, and not a contamination of chemical.
If not... Mandi mentioning ants brought something to my mind.
Is there an anthill near or in the spot?

Along my eastern hedgerow there was a spot that not only felt wrong/odd but also was bare. A very large hill of ants occupied the space. At first I thought it was the ants that were responsible for lack of plants. One day I was going around the property borders and sensing for what was beneath my feet, when I walked past this area... I could have sworn I heard a low hum sound. Pencil and paper in hand I started drawing out what I was feeling beneath. I found a criscross pattern begin to emerge.
Came across some info that seemed to match what was happening.
Seems when laylines cross, sometimes the energies clash due to an imbalance in that spot. *for whatever reasons* Often you can find laylines by sight because large colonies of ants will infest the area.

Just a thought, as another cause why plants die in an area.

Energy Follows Attention

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #31: September 27, 2007, 01:28:09 pm »

Seems when laylines cross, sometimes the energies clash due to an imbalance in that spot. *for whatever reasons* Often you can find laylines by sight because large colonies of ants will infest the area.

In fact there *is a big ant colony somewhere along that fence or the retaining wall across from it. Hm. There is a lot of energy back there, for sure, and there is I believe an underground stream at the back property line the whole way down the hill-everyones back fence is incredibly green, even the concrete paved-over yards down the street from us. Will have to do some investigating energetically back there, thanks for the suggestion.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: September 27, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »

Often you can find laylines by sight because large colonies of ants will infest the area.

I didn't say that right  Roll Eyes.... you can find where laylines Cross...

Sure you got what I meant though. Wink

*A retaining wall hmmm, hill behind... water runs down ..underground spring more likely or artisian*
A place between places... divided? Maybe nothing to do with laylines? Could be something along this line.
Another idea to approach it.

Are there drain hole in the wall to allow excess rain water to run through? Or is your side of the wall too dry?

Interesting Rose... keep looking, you'll find the answer.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 07:01:17 pm by Cent, Reason: correct sentence - Could be something alone this line » Logged

Energy Follows Attention
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #33: September 27, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »

A place between places... divided? Maybe nothing to do with laylines? Could be something along this line.
Another idea to approach it.

I'll have to go down there and spend some time with it. Thanks for the idea, Cent Smiley

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Drunementon
Journeyman
Last Login:October 24, 2010, 01:17:36 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Moderate Celtic Recon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: September 27, 2007, 10:38:24 pm »

Hey! thats what the leaves on my plants look like....wondering if I have any coke in the house....

In that case, the first thing I would do is drop in at a garden center, buy a soil PH kit, and test the spot.  They are easy to use.  It's possible that something was planted there in the past (an evergreen for example) or some cheical used that has screwed with the PH of the soil.  Typically, if the soil is either too alkaline or too acidic, plants will do well when first put in but will keel over eventually when their chemistry is changed.  Tomatoes are especially fragile in that regard. 
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #35: September 27, 2007, 10:41:57 pm »

In that case, the first thing I would do is drop in at a garden center, buy a soil PH kit, and test the spot.  They are easy to use.  It's possible that something was planted there in the past (an evergreen for example) or some cheical used that has screwed with the PH of the soil.  Typically, if the soil is either too alkaline or too acidic, plants will do well when first put in but will keel over eventually when their chemistry is changed.  Tomatoes are especially fragile in that regard. 

Eureka! I bet that is it. There are several stumps of cypress trees that were pulled out near that spot. This yard originally had a ring of 20 trees (talk about an urban forest!) but half were cut down some while back, and now there are ten. And they have been badly managed, and are kind of pissy. I have been working with them a lot since we moved in last year, I will do the Ph test for sure, thanks very much for the suggestion.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)