The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 01, 2020, 05:51:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 05:51:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for the Spring Equinox?  (Read 6062 times)
Forrestsprite
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 19, 2007, 04:36:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: Neo-Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 15, 2007, 12:18:43 pm »

Since things normally creep up on me and I rush to get a ritual done I thought I'd utelize you guys. So, I noticed the Spring Equinox is coming up, what are your plans? Do you have a ritual you commonly do? An event? Activity? Tell me what you do for the spring.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 07:15:17 pm by RandallS, Reason: Changed thread title? » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 15, 2007, 01:28:52 pm »

Since things normally creep up on me and I rush to get a ritual done I thought I'd utelize you guys. So, I noticed the Spring Equinox is coming up, what are your plans? Do you have a ritual you commonly do? An event? Activity? Tell me what you do for the spring.

Probably a small ritual (read: pathworking or spiritual journey) since most of my rituals have to be small in face of three non-pagan roommates.  Wink  I don't really know, but the equinox has never really been that important to me as a polytheist; when I was Christian, it was of course a Very Big Deal, but now... I'm still trying to find out what it means.

I do know one thing: my little cousin will be turning one on the 21st--she was an equinox baby last year, and so my holiday was spent oogling her pictures along with the rest of my family!

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Forrestsprite
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 19, 2007, 04:36:38 pm

Religion: Neo-Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 15, 2007, 03:31:41 pm »

Probably a small ritual (read: pathworking or spiritual journey) since most of my rituals have to be small in face of three non-pagan roommates.  Wink  I don't really know, but the equinox has never really been that important to me as a polytheist; when I was Christian, it was of course a Very Big Deal, but now... I'm still trying to find out what it means.

I do know one thing: my little cousin will be turning one on the 21st--she was an equinox baby last year, and so my holiday was spent oogling her pictures along with the rest of my family!

I can understand your uneasiness for holidays associated with Christianity when you used to be a practicing Christian. I have that feeling around Christmas when I celebrate Yule. It was the one holiday my parents ALWAYS made us go to church. But Easter was very family oriented at my house and so I've always been excited when spring comes around. The fact that I'm a nature nut probably has a big impact on my desire to run around outside and celebrate when Ostara comes around. I probably will this year too, especially since I saw my tulips and hyacinths popping out of the ground today. What a wonderful time of year!
sneekywren
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 21, 2007, 12:59:35 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 15, 2007, 05:12:05 pm »

When I hand in my final year paper tomorrow, that's when spring is starting for me. First I'm going to get drunk, and then have a good sleep. Then I think there is a Pagan picnic going on the next day...
I'm most looking forward to planting some salad vegetables in my garden. I've been repotting a few things already but I'm looking forward to pottering around and making a little veg patch.
Then I'm heading home because its my grandmas bday, which I see as quite a nice spring celebration in itself. Lots of food and people. I have a ritual with the group I work with a day later. Best of all will be having the time to walk around and not having too much work to worry about. I want to enjoy the sunshine and the blossom, and really great food.

phoukamare
Master Member
Last Login:May 12, 2009, 10:56:35 pm

Religion: Irish pantheon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 15, 2007, 07:20:23 pm »

No specific rituals or anything, but I have been planting roses, lily of the valley, hostas, rosemary, lavendar, and creeping juniper all over the front of my yard.

And raking the back.

Phouka
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 16, 2007, 01:03:48 am »

Well, this is only my second time really celebrating ever, so not so much with traditions.  Smiley  The Equinox is actually two holidays for me - Ostara and Thelemic New Year.  I have multiple New Years or New Years-like holidays I celebrate.  I see this one as the New Year of manifestation, of Will in action.  And also as a time of change on various levels.  Last year I wrote a ritual and tried to do a bit of a different structure, which was neat.

For Ostara - I don't know, either.  One of my friends might be involved.  Hopefully it won't snow like it did last year, because let me tell you, it feels beyond silly to be talking about the beginning of spring when there's snow on the ground.  Smiley

This year it's definitely been warmer, so I think it'll actually make sense.

Oh, and I'll be doing a group Flamekeeping for Brigid with the Cill - it'll probably be my first shift.

Elspeth Sapphire
Co-Host
Senior Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:July 16, 2008, 10:44:04 pm

Religion: Pagan

Passed Over -- 19 April 2010

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: March 17, 2007, 04:09:58 pm »

This year we will probably just exchange baskets .... with lots of Spring symbols.  I have loved the years that we drove up in the mountains, but it is hard for me to ride in the car for the long. ::sigh::

Elspeth Sapphire
picklewalsh
Last Login:August 02, 2012, 09:13:08 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Kemetic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 18, 2007, 08:32:58 am »

I have a moot with a local pagan group to go to on the 20th, were we are going to discuss what paganism means to us. This is because we have just been invited to apply for a chair on the Liverpool interfaith commity.

I will also be meeting with someone to talk about joining there grove Smiley

The Occult Lodge <<< Please Visit
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: March 18, 2007, 08:47:14 am »

I have a moot with a local pagan group to go to on the 20th, were we are going to discuss what paganism means to us. This is because we have just been invited to apply for a chair on the Liverpool interfaith commity.

Welcome to the Cauldron!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #9: March 18, 2007, 08:56:47 am »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
nakia
Last Login:March 21, 2007, 12:49:12 pm

Religion: Celtic Witch/Druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 18, 2007, 06:41:40 pm »

Our group had a small ritual this past Saturday.  It was very nice. 

I will be doing my own small ritual tonight with the new moon/solar eclipse.  Blogickal had some good tips for using tonight to focus on building compassion and using the Spring Cleaning idea to get rid of some of my own baggage-emotional and physical. 

Tomorrow the kids and I will be doing an egg hunt, planting some seeds, having a picnic (weather permitting!) and having a little ceremony to welcome and thank the Spring Maiden. 
Asria
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 24, 2007, 12:31:28 pm

Religion: Eclectic Wicca

I love horse back riding.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 18, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »

Ello All,

I don't know about all of yall, But Next saturday i'm going camping with my two best freinds. I'm cooking spinag quiche )9 however you spell it 9( and eat smores over a nice warm fire. Wensday tho, I'm plaining to mess with my garden to get it ready to plant flowers. I have weeds galore, and hay covering some of my plants. It'ld prouble be a big watering day as well so Smiley rituals have never been my thing. I'ld rather just do something in honor of the goddess and god. Plant a plant for them, cook and leave a offering. Spring to me is big because it signifies the begining of a new time. Hey, quick qustion, Whens the wiccan new year? What sabbat?

Asria

Hugs and Kisses,

Asria
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 20, 2007, 02:21:07 pm »

Hey, quick qustion, Whens the wiccan new year? What sabbat?

I've generally heard Samhain.

Thorn
Adept Member
Last Login:September 05, 2012, 07:09:15 pm

Religion: Ecclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 21, 2007, 11:52:42 am »

So, I noticed the Spring Equinox is coming up, what are your plans?
Looks like I'll be attending an ADF ritual this year for the Equinox (a little late, obviously.) 

I'm kinda excited.  I tend to shy away from anything claiming to be "Druidry" because so much of it smacks of make believe and bad history, but I've become very interested in ADF since stumbling across their booth at the St. Pat's fair last weekend.
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #14: March 22, 2007, 11:53:25 am »

I've been cleaning like a fiend.  This time last year hubbs and I were going through some pretty heavy stuff, and after a knock down drag out about a week ago where we both ripped every skeleton in our collective closets out and threw them at each other bone by bone, saving of course the ones to pierce our noses with, I realized there's a lot of crap we've been holding onto that we just don't need. 

Both materially and energetically, we've still got some of the ashes of things that have been damaging that need sweeping out.  I've been doing that this week, as well as planting like crazy.

Every time I go ANYWHERE! even if it's just the grocery, I've been coming home with plants and plants and plants.  A few days ago it was the Maroon Bonnets, an awesome variant of blue bonnets that showed up at the grocery store, yesterday it was red asiatic lilies, from home depot and I fear that if I see hydrangea around I will have to pick that up too, since I have a "walkway" through my side yard that the entire neighborhood uses that I would like to close off. 

At the same time, hubbs and I are making some concrete plans to have a little more time to have fun together instead of always serious stuff. 

I'm not really doing anything particularly ritual, because I'm sort of between paths at the moment.  My background is the more of a witchcraft(w/c) seasonal cycle, but I'm drifting in a direction that isn't so much w/c so the Beltaine Oestara thing isn't really calling to me, but I'm not in deep enough in the new path as to know what I'm going to do for seasonal stuff.

As of the equinox, I do feel sort of like a page has been turned though.  A sense of resolution and the resolute.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)