The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 30, 2020, 12:47:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 12:47:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help with charging stones and crystals  (Read 3533 times)
j9
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 17, 2007, 01:43:01 am
South Africa South Africa

Religion: Neo-Pagan/Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 08, 2007, 07:08:20 am »

Hi,

I know there are tons of resources on the net about this and I have started to look at some, but as with many things the sheer amount available of information can be very over whelming. 

Can anyone please give me some good advice on where to find good reliable information on how this is done? Or if you would like/ wouldn't mind sharing some of your own experiences that would be great too.  I am really trying to learn more about communicating/understanding stones more, especially since I have started to become interested in and started to learn more about Lithomancy. 

Please, any advice/help/comment would be appriciated.

*hugs*

j9 

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: September 08, 2007, 11:16:51 am »

Hi,

I know there are tons of resources on the net about this and I have started to look at some, but as with many things the sheer amount available of information can be very over whelming. 

Can anyone please give me some good advice on where to find good reliable information on how this is done? Or if you would like/ wouldn't mind sharing some of your own experiences that would be great too.  I am really trying to learn more about communicating/understanding stones more, especially since I have started to become interested in and started to learn more about Lithomancy. 

Please, any advice/help/comment would be appriciated.
j9 

For me, it depends a lot on the individual stone. I recently found a stone in a parking lot that called to me. It reminded me of stones I had played with and collected as a child on a trip to Arkansas. It was a tan color and rather smooth, it was a hot day so the stone was warm when I picked it up, I then noticed it had indentations that made it look a lot like Sekhmet. I brought it home, gave it a good scrubbing, rubbed it with oil then placed it back in the sun to charge. I now keep it on my fireplace alter where it will be continually charged with flame and the essence of fire.

So, really a lot depends on where I find a stone, what it looks like, what it "speaks" to me.

If you are looking to charge a stone with your own energy, what I have found to work very well, is if I hold my hands as close together as I can without actually touching, then feel the warmth of my own energy, I slowly (and I do mean slowly) start moving them apart while rapidly "bouncing" them (like I was clapping but without palms touching) I actually start to feel the energy repelling, like when you try to put two like magnets together and they won't go. On a scientific note, that is exactly what is happening because my palms are both emitting positive energy. When my hands are about six inches apart I put them around the stone I want to charge, then bring them together until they touch the stone. But, of course, not all methods work for all people, that is just what works for me.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:53:40 pm by Nile_Lily, Reason: typo » Logged
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: September 08, 2007, 11:20:02 am »

Can anyone please give me some good advice on where to find good reliable information on how this is done? Or if you would like/ wouldn't mind sharing some of your own experiences that would be great too.   

I personally first cleanse my stones.  I used to use sea salt (dry) to do this, but have recently switched to using selenite.  A friend of mine who works primarily with stones strongly recommends not using salt because it can damage some crystals.  I've heard people recommend using a bowl of salt with a smaller bowl set into it, and you put the stones in the smaller bowl so they don't actually touch the salt.

My current preferred method of cleansing is to place the stones on a slab of selenite for a while.  How long depends on how much cleansing they need.  Sometimes I do it overnight, if I've been wearing the crystals for a while and using them to help me with a lot of stress or pain or whatever.  I have an amethyst sphere that has turned almost completely cloudy (it used to be clear with many rainbows) and has developed white patches over about half of its surface, I think because I've been using it so much to help alleviate the migraines.  That one obviously needs a LOT more selenite time.   Wink

I also use the running water method, especially if I'm in a hurry.

I have used the moonlight and/or sunlight method too.  That usually works pretty well, but if you have an especially stubborn stone, it might not.  I have a family heirloom ring with a diamond in it that's just beautiful.  But every time I wore the ring, bad things happened.  I tried cleansing it in salt to no effect.  I hung it in the window that catches both direct sun and direct moonlight for sseveral months -- still no effect.  It finally let go of the negativity when I put it on a piece of selenite for a few weeks.  It's perfectly fine now.

To charge stones, I've found that the most effective thing to do is to wear or carry them with you as much as possible.  That's how they pick up your energy.  If you're charging them for a specific intent, you might want to use a more ritualized approach.  I tend to be more casual about it because I choose stones that already carry the properties I need, so charging them is more about letting them get to know me than "telling" them what I want them to do.

Occasionally, I'll dedicate a stone to Brighid with fire and water.

Here are two websites that might be helpful.  Both are vendors who I know personally.  I'm NOT necessarily recommending that you purchase stones from either Deborah or Robyn (although I've had excellent experiences with both and absolutely no complaints), but they both include some info on cleansing and charging.  Here are the links to those specific pieces of their sites:

http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/metaphysical_healing.html

http://www.metaphysicalrealm1.com/cleanseinfo1.html

There are also a few good books out there, including:
Love is in the Earth, by Melody (unfortunately, this book does not include pictures, but there are pictorial supplements)
The Crystal Bible, by Judy Hall
Crystal Power, Crystal Healing, by Michael Grienger
The Book of Stones, by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ashian

I also have Scott Cunningham's book on stones, but find it pretty limited.

The books don't always agree with each other, which I think is due to the fact that different people react very differently to different stones.  F'ex, I can't stand malachite.  I think it's beautiful, but it *feels* slimy to me.  I also can't wear hematite because it shatters when I try, although it is often recommended for grounding.

A lot of it is personal experience and experimentation.  F'ex, I'm having a lot of trouble with migraines lately, so I'm focusing on healing stones and specifically stones that are good for headaches and even more specifically migraines.  I've found that I can't wear/carry certain stones right now because they exacerbate the headaches, even though they're otherwise great stones.  Right now, I can't use red jasper or sunstone, even though I have pieces of each that I love.  Once I'm more balanced physically, I think I'll be able to go back to using them.

I hope this helps.  

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
j9
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 17, 2007, 01:43:01 am
South Africa South Africa

Religion: Neo-Pagan/Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 17, 2007, 06:22:42 am »

For me, it depends a lot on the individual stone. I recently found a stone in a parking lot that called to me. It reminded me of stones I had played with and collected as a child on a trip to Arkansas. It was a tan color and rather smooth, it was a hot day so the stone was warm when I picked it up, I then noticed it had indentations that made it look a lot like Sekhmet. I brought it home, gave it a good scrubbing, rubbed it with oil then placed it back in the sun to charge. I now keep it on my fireplace alter where it will be continually charged with flame and the essence of fire.

So, really a lot depends on where I find a stone, what it looks like, what it "speaks" to me.

If you are looking to charge a stone with your own energy, what I have found to work very well, is if I hold my hands as close together as I can without actually touching, then feel the warmth of my own energy, I slowly (and I do mean slowly) start moving them apart while rapidly "bouncing" them (like I was clapping but without palms touching) I actually start to feel the energy repelling, like when you try to put two like magnets together and they won't go. On a scientific note, that is exactly what is happening because my palms are both emitting positive energy. When my hands are about six inches apart I put them around the stone I want to charge, then bring them together until they touch the stone. But, of course, not all methods work for all people, that is just what works for me.

Good luck!

Good luck!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)