The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2019, 06:06:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:06:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on using the Tarot  (Read 7208 times)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 13, 2019, 02:34:46 pm
United States United States

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #9: September 10, 2007, 01:34:10 pm »

I've been doing a lot of work with the Robin Wood of late, and it's...capricious.  It takes a great delight in telling me things that aren't happening and making me work to infer from that what is happening.  I like the challenge, but sometimes it annoys me into just asking the good old Universal Waite.

It's also my prime deck when I do Tarot.

I've actually found it to be relatively clear cut when I do readings, except that it's often looking a layer further in or out than I thought I was looking at. (So it may be looking at a deeper layer of issue, or at further-out ripple effects from the thing I'm asking about, not the most direct "what happens next" sort of thing.)

I normally use a very straightforward Celtic Cross layout with it: I've had very mixed results with other layouts. (The one Marilyn suggested else-thread worked really well for me, though that's also based on a Celtic Cross)

One thing that really helped me with it (besides spending a couple of years using it periodically, but not relying on it, so to speak) was working through her book (not the little booklet, the actual book) on it - I found her explanations of small details in her images really helpful, even when I already knew the general meaning of the card.

(As a note: I don't generally ask it intensely practical stuff. Job related stuff, sometimes, but more things like "what do I need to focus on to get my career going in the direction I want it to." rather than "Do I take X job?")

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)