The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 11:12:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 11:12:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Drawn to the Moon.  (Read 2588 times)
Kittee
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 18, 2010, 07:11:59 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan?

Still figuring it out.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 11, 2007, 08:57:42 am »

Ever since I was a child I've always been called towards the moon and the velvet night.   I cannot tell you the number of times that I got in trouble for staying up way past my bedtime!I feel more powerful at night under the moon and stars and I feel more connected as well. I also loath the summer time and I enjoy ice cold winters. The sweet calling embrace of the cold frosty air upon my face is so dear to my heart.

Fascinated with the spirit realm and afterlife, often my studies have lead me down paths feared by some. I deeply believe in life after death and spirits, in fact I cannot even fathom "nothingness" for there must be something in the end. For even in the depths of space where there is "nothing" but the blackness of the great empty, the blackness itself is "something."

I've always been able to "feel" what others are thinking, sense deep emotions within them. And it doesn't always stop with people, I'm also able to pick up these "feelings" with animals, buildings, objects.
It's has taken me a long time to accept and to be comfortable with who I am and how I feel about the world. Indeed there are still times where I am afraid that I may be making the "wrong" choice. (But really I think it's  more of a fear put into my heart from childhood and my "Southern Baptist" upbringing.)

So here I am today. I am an artist at heart both word smith and painter/sculptor with no idea what to do or where to go regarding my spiritualism. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would gladly be open to them.  I believe in both God and Goddess, spirits and afterlife, magick, angels and love.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

nemesisfirestorm
Master Member
Last Login:March 11, 2008, 07:07:34 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Brighideach Druid (OBOD) and a little bit of witchery thrown in.

Tattoo for Brighid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: September 11, 2007, 07:12:05 pm »

Ever since I was a child I've always been called towards the moon and the velvet night.   I cannot tell you the number of times that I got in trouble for staying up way past my bedtime!I feel more powerful at night under the moon and stars and I feel more connected as well. I also loath the summer time and I enjoy ice cold winters. The sweet calling embrace of the cold frosty air upon my face is so dear to my heart.

No suggestions sorry, but I feel that way about the moon too.  I love to sleep with the curtains open and drift off watching the stars.  I can spend hours laid on the ground looking at the moon.  It's an amazing feeling. Smiley

Mae'r cariad at fy ngwlad yn berwi yn fy ngwaed.

Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #2: September 11, 2007, 07:35:19 pm »

So here I am today. I am an artist at heart both word smith and painter/sculptor with no idea what to do or where to go regarding my spiritualism. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would gladly be open to them.  I believe in both God and Goddess, spirits and afterlife, magick, angels and love.

Tonight is the dark moon. Wink I find these energies are strongest during the Dark Moon; I find that I can feel the mysteries of intuition, death, and the "darker" inner explorations during this time. Smiley It's a big part of my path as well; I find the Dark Moon to be even more influential than the Full Moon at this point.

Kittee
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 18, 2010, 07:11:59 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan?

Still figuring it out.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 12, 2007, 08:08:50 am »

Tonight is the dark moon. Wink I find these energies are strongest during the Dark Moon; I find that I can feel the mysteries of intuition, death, and the "darker" inner explorations during this time. Smiley It's a big part of my path as well; I find the Dark Moon to be even more influential than the Full Moon at this point.

Well I had some interesting dreams last night that is for sure.  I tried to use the energy to "drain" away any negitive feelings, thoughts.  =)
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: September 12, 2007, 10:43:55 am »

It's a big part of my path as well; I find the Dark Moon to be even more influential than the Full Moon at this point.

Gotta say the Dark is big for me too - not sure about more than full... or maybe I just think full is prettier - and hypnotic - to look at...
(Sorry  Embarrassed , disfunctional and whiny since I saw way too much of last night, rain and all - everyone is sick.)

Does lead me to another thought that perhaps needs its own thread IF I can frame it.

southerngoddes
Journeyman
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 09:08:41 am
Argentina Argentina

Religion: none

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: September 12, 2007, 01:39:22 pm »

you remind me my sister........and myself, i remember to climb the roof of my house when i was a teenager and stay long many nights over there just watching the moon and the stars and enjoying the quietness of the neighborhood, my parents were never aware of my  night activities Tongue, and now they are a lil worried  because my sister does same thing  but more frequently and she doesn't care  what other think...... i guess she doest know i used to do same thing Cheesy
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #6: September 12, 2007, 08:01:07 pm »

Well I had some interesting dreams last night that is for sure.  I tried to use the energy to "drain" away any negitive feelings, thoughts.  =)

I've never tried that one before, but I bet that would really work!! Thanks for the idea, it makes sense to me. Smiley

you remind me my sister........and myself, i remember to climb the roof of my house when i was a teenager and stay long many nights over there just watching the moon and the stars and enjoying the quietness of the neighborhood, my parents were never aware of my  night activities Tongue, and now they are a lil worried  because my sister does same thing  but more frequently and she doesn't care  what other think...... i guess she doest know i used to do same thing Cheesy

Oh I totally would have done that if I'd been able.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: September 12, 2007, 08:24:13 pm »

Fascinated with the spirit realm and afterlife, often my studies have lead me down paths feared by some. I deeply believe in life after death and spirits, in fact I cannot even fathom "nothingness" for there must be something in the end. For even in the depths of space where there is "nothing" but the blackness of the great empty, the blackness itself is "something."

You may want to study the Goddess Hecate, if you havent already.  She rules many of the "dark" aspects you are interested in.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)