The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 08:43:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 08:43:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Prodding from Artemis  (Read 9086 times)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #15: September 19, 2007, 04:42:24 pm »

Wow you know I have never actually thought of toenail painting as a sign of devotion! It makes sense though, makes me wonder WHY I haven't thought of it. I have a feeling Morrigu would laugh at me Tongue.

One thing I like about it that while it doesn't take huge maintenance (I redo mine maybe every 10-14 days, mostly, these days), it takes some upkeep (unlike, say, a tattoo, once it's healed, though I expect to be getting at least one of those sometime sooner than later.) which means I have to keep thinking about it. It also means I'm constantly on the lookout for good shades of dark blue.

As to "Is it a real devotion?" M'Lady thinks so, which is good enough for me. (Did she ask for toenail polish specifically? No, but it's a good compromise for other things.) It's not just about taking care of myself, etc. either - it's something about the combination of understated, likely to be misinterpreted by others (erm. Beyond the fact I really like blue), but still a constant visual reminder to me. I do get some comments at work (work doesn't care) but they've been positive - at the same time, they can easily be hidden if it's not an appropriate setting.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

fiamma
Master Member
Last Login:May 17, 2012, 04:14:28 pm

Religion: Devotee of Apollo/Hellenic Polytheist

...I'm playing with fire and not getting burned...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: September 19, 2007, 07:48:40 pm »

*ponders letting Apollo choose my nail color from now on*

I read this and got a very distinct picture of copious eye-rolling in my mind from the Golden Mr. So And So...it amused me. :-)

Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #17: September 19, 2007, 09:36:20 pm »

I read this and got a very distinct picture of copious eye-rolling in my mind from the Golden Mr. So And So...it amused me. :-)

I got a small chuckle and one of the famous, "Uh-hu, sure..."
Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #18: September 23, 2007, 07:52:41 pm »

I got a small chuckle and one of the famous, "Uh-hu, sure..."

*tries to imagine Apollo choosing a nail polish color for Aiona and fails miserably*

Upon further reflection, and a bit more attention paid to the presence felt, I'm leaning towards it being Diana.  Sadly I tend to call her Artemis sometimes, probably because I used to have this insane fascination with her and being that the two share many similarities, that's the name comes out.  When I do that, I always get a reminder that she's not Artemis.  I haven't completely ruled out Artemis Ephesia yet, although this indecision is starting to drive me crazy.  If this is what I'm like when trying to figure out who's prodding me, I hate to think of what I'd be like when it comes time to dedicate myself or whatever.  Tongue 

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie
fiamma
Master Member
Last Login:May 17, 2012, 04:14:28 pm

Religion: Devotee of Apollo/Hellenic Polytheist

...I'm playing with fire and not getting burned...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: September 24, 2007, 09:56:31 pm »

I haven't completely ruled out Artemis Ephesia yet, although this indecision is starting to drive me crazy.  If this is what I'm like when trying to figure out who's prodding me, I hate to think of what I'd be like when it comes time to dedicate myself or whatever.  Tongue 

I would think that all indecision would be cleared up before deciding to dedicate oneself to a deity. That's one of those things that I believe should be decided beyond a shadow of a doubt before going through with. There may be some remaining trepidation, but it's not something to do without being absolutely certain.

Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #20: November 01, 2007, 02:41:14 pm »

I would think that all indecision would be cleared up before deciding to dedicate oneself to a deity. That's one of those things that I believe should be decided beyond a shadow of a doubt before going through with. There may be some remaining trepidation, but it's not something to do without being absolutely certain.

I've been MIA lately, due to life intervening and a ruckus on another board I post at, which I might end up leaving by the end of this week if things don't improve.  Anyway, I figured Samhain was as good a time as any, and seeing as it's a new start, it would be appropriate to do a dedication ritual.  So here I am, newly minted follower of Diana.  I'm a little unsure of what lies ahead, but I think i made the right decision. The door is still open for another deity or two (or more), though - she hasn't got a problem with that.

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)