The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 15, 2019, 03:55:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 03:55:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Summerland and Reincarnation  (Read 11238 times)
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: September 18, 2007, 06:09:52 pm »

Is a part of your soul and your personality archived away in the Summerland, for your descendants to contact and seek guidance/protection of?
Are you fully reincarnated, and when the living try to contact the dead - are they summoning something else? A thoughtform? a spirit of some kind?
Is past life regression work worthwhile?

Just curious what everyone thinks about this.

Hey, that theory explains perfectly all the Cleopatras out there!    Her life was big enough and well-enough recorded that anyone searching for past life memories would recognize ones that originated with her and have a name all handy to hang on them.  Same with the Napoleons and Rasputins, Catherines, etc.
Maybe they're not all just deluding themselves and seeking importance. (well, maybe they are, but there could be some real memory-bits floating around inside them too.)
It's not my view of reincarnation, (I'm in the soul-recycling camp) but it's a really interesting idea.
Absent

I also don't do past life regression; while I do believe in reincarnation, I don't believe in one-to-one soul recycling or some such. My thoughts are a little bit different. The basic concept (for me) is like taking an infinitely large pitcher of water; each life is a single poured glass. In death, the water is returned to the pitcher, and a new life is poured. Can you ever get exactly the same glass of water? The memories that one retrieves, imo, during past life regression are their memories because they are in fact remembering them, but the person remembering is not the same soul that lived them, and the same memories -or memories from that same life- may be shared with many other souls.

I do contact my ancestors, or rather they contact me, so I know there is some sort of afterlife.

As for reincarnation, well, my beliefs get pretty complex but basically, it kind of goes along the not-exactly-the-same-soul idea.  I think of it as "split souls".

I think of it kind of like a tree, with the main soul as the trunk and all the branches and twigs as the souls that have split off or branched out from the main soul. Sort of like a family tree, I guess, except it is your spiritual family tree.

This means that you can exist on different planes simultaneously, and some of your souls are aware of the existence of the other souls. In other words some of the branches know the other exist, while others are unaware.

That's about the best I can explain it.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)