The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 18, 2020, 03:19:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 03:19:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Writer Roll Call  (Read 15536 times)
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 16, 2007, 04:38:48 pm »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

So, I'm Katrina Nash, an amateur writer. I write mostly fantasy and a little bit of dark science fiction; right now I'm working on a novel called The Iriuan Chronicles. I'm prone to constant rewriting of my work, therefore getting nowhere. Hopefully I'm breaking the habit this time around! I've just finished the first chapter (draft # god-only-knows) at a little over 5,000 words and moving onto chapter two.

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 16, 2007, 06:49:17 pm »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Hi, I'm Genevieve Wood, and I'm a writer! Wink

I mostly do fantasy/romance with the occasional delve into weird sci-fi.  I'm currently writing a web-novel at www.warriorsofthesungod.com that's fantasy/adventure.

I'm better at actually getting things done, because I force myself to write so much per day, and only edit when necessary and when the first draft is DONE.  Because before then, I spent far too long on page one myself .... Smiley

I currently have four unpublished novels in various states of done-ness (two done, one in edit, one I'll edit as soon as I get this one edited!) and I'm working on another one.  And then there's short stories, my webnovel .. etc. Smiley

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 16, 2007, 06:50:57 pm »

So, I'm Katrina Nash, an amateur writer. I write mostly fantasy and a little bit of dark science fiction; right now I'm working on a novel called The Iriuan Chronicles. I'm prone to constant rewriting of my work, therefore getting nowhere. Hopefully I'm breaking the habit this time around! I've just finished the first chapter (draft # god-only-knows) at a little over 5,000 words and moving onto chapter two.

I'm Luellon.  I write fantasy and sci fi novels, poetry and essays mostly on religion.  I haven't been published. 

I've finished one novel and am writing another which I started in November of 2005 (almost 70,000 words now--woo hoo!).  I find writing is very theraputic for me and helps me delve into the deepest parts of my soul, even the parts I don't know are there and brings them into being on the page. 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:00:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 16, 2007, 09:06:20 pm »

I'm Sunflower.  I write essays on Pagan topics, but never finish them.  Undecided 

Since I wasn't nearly that definite about identifying as a Pagan essayist on the old-board thread, I can still cover my arse by saying I've only really started writing them (as opposed to thinking of essays I should write) fairly recently, and they merely aren't done yet.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: March 16, 2007, 10:56:33 pm »

I write:

Novels (science fiction, fantasy, speculative fiction)
Very very very rare short stories, same genres
Essays of a variety of sorts
Theology (as noted over in the Reformed Hellenism thread)
Occasional poetry.

My professional publication credit is for a book about the Boston Red Sox, for which I was a significant contributor: The Red Sox Fan Handbook: Everything You Need To Know To Be A Red Sox Fan (or to Marry One).  I wrote for that several short autobiographical things, the piece on "The Curse of the Bambino" (because, y'know, talk to the pagan about magical theory), the piece on how to score games, a long the-feel-of-Fenway chapter intro, and some miscellaneous other stuff.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: March 17, 2007, 07:27:46 am »

I'm Star and I mostly don't actually write anymore, except in the form of blog entries, which Hubby keeps reminding me do count even if they're not the same sort of writing as doing poetry and stories and essays like I used to.

I have two major projects (i.e. potential novels, which is unusual for me) in progress, one of which is almost permanently on the backburner and the other of which is pretty much all up here *taps head* right now.  I run through scenes and some character development when I'm bored and need something to think about.  I don't write much of it down.

Pretty sorry excuse for a writer lately, really.  (And while I'd like to blame it on the pregnancy, this whole state of things really does predate that.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 17, 2007, 10:15:38 am »

Haha... kind of feels a little like AA:

Hi, I'm Leah (Hi, Leah!), and I'm a writer (the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem).  Cheesy

Seriously, though, I am a writer, and I write:

Screenplays
Teleplays
Novels (NaNoWriMo rocks!  Even if I didn't win!)
Poetry
Essays
Journals (LJ and paper)
Very very very rare short stories (most of them turn into novels or screenplays)

I'm a student right now, and I just recently become a screenwriting minor, so next semester I will actually be taking writing classes, and I think that will really boost my butt into gear because I don't write nearly enough.

I write mostly fantasy/scifi/magical realism/something else, but I love all kinds of stories... even if I seem to only think and write about the world in terms of "what if?" "why?" and "why not?" and other fantasy-like questions. 

I have, in progress:

One no where near finished NaNovel that I'm still working on, and will eventually become several teleplays, and an entire series
One unfinished (not in my head but on the page) screenplay that also is going to become a television series

My poetry is mostly spiritual/devotional/emotional, as poetry is a major part of how I devote myself to Brigid and my spirituality, and my short stories are of the fantasy genre as well.  My LJ is largely complaining, and movie reviews, and my paper journal is mostly personal and memorial.

I'm also a sorry excuse for a writer: I blame it on my other school work, my film work.  Bad Leah.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Zahirah
Journeyman
Last Login:November 20, 2012, 03:47:07 pm

Religion: Discordian Kemetic Orthodox
TCN ID: zahirah

Famous Last Words: What Duck?

Blog entries (0)

DixieJo719

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 17, 2007, 10:57:21 am »

As my English teacher boyfriend is so apt to remind me, I am technically a writer. Grin   That is to say, I am a technical writer.  User manuals, operating procedures, design documentation.  They want me to get into writing RFPs and proposals, help out with business plans, all sorts of company important stuff because they are impressed with my skills using a thesaurus.  And with my ability to gank sense out of documentation that reads like it was written using a random word generator.

Really, for people whose native language is American English, they really write worth crap.  Yesterday's marvel: a field named "First Earliest Date".  ?!?!?!?!  My coworker and I also like to play this game we call "place the comma".  We put punctuation in a sentence in random places and read it out loud to see what new meaning we just gave it.   And then we have deep philosophical conversations about the proper formatting of phone numbers, it's a grand time.

And then I come home and write for me.  I used to love to write fiction pieces, but put it down for many years.  Now that I'm writing all day at work, somehow it inspires me to come home and write some more!  It's inspired me to read more, too, although most of what I read are op-eds and columnists online. I participated in, and won, NaNoWriMo last year and I am looking forward to trying it again.  I keep a weblog.  And I've written a few things for others that I'm hesitant to talk about, because good things may come out of these pieces, but I dont want to jinx it.   Cheesy  Oh, but my fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath in the meantime!

"If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done."
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian philosopher (1889 - 1951)
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 17, 2007, 11:13:11 am »

NaNoWriMo rocks!

I forgot all about NaNo! I won this past year (3rd time's the charm, apparently). You said you write screenplays- will you be doing ScriptFrenzy this summer?

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 17, 2007, 11:50:21 am »

I forgot all about NaNo! I won this past year (3rd time's the charm, apparently). You said you write screenplays- will you be doing ScriptFrenzy this summer?

Yeah!  Let's hope I do better than I did at NaNo.  It'll be good to kick my ass into gear and prepare for the screenplay writing classes I'll be taking next year.

Are you doing NaNo again this year?

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 17, 2007, 11:53:25 am »

Yeah!  Let's hope I do better than I did at NaNo.  It'll be good to kick my ass into gear and prepare for the screenplay writing classes I'll be taking next year.

Are you doing NaNo again this year?

Absolutely! I'm gonna do ScriptFrenzy, too, even though I've never written a screenplay in my life. Grin

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #11: March 17, 2007, 12:01:36 pm »

Though I don't feel very much like a writer at the moment  Embarrassed well, still I am.

When I write, it's mostly shortstories in the Sword & Sorcery Style MZB used to published and the occasional SF and Ghoststory. (A little Fanfiction can happen too  Wink)

The current 'project' is a childrens story about a small badtempered guy. He might be a gnome, we'll have to see about this.  Grin

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Kayah
Apprentice
Last Login:February 01, 2012, 08:27:59 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Paganish don't know

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 17, 2007, 12:37:56 pm »

To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Hi, I'm Karolina Marques, and I'm a writer.

I am writing two fantasy novels, both based on the same "world".
I also write poetry, although I don't rate it very highly.

At work I occasionally write instructions and tutorials for stuff that noone else has time to learn but is crucial for the company to remain in business (sigh). So pre-written instructions/tutorials are very good for the moment of "oh my god we're going to be fined $5000 on each occurence if we don't do this - I need to be able to do it NOW!"

I have not actively written anything for a good long while, due to various life circumstances, which I hope will work themselves out soon.
Mari
Adept Member
Last Login:October 10, 2010, 03:39:46 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 17, 2007, 04:51:25 pm »

I write mostly dark urban fiction. I also work as an editor and sometimes writer/interviewer for a dark scifi/horror magazine. I maintain a website here: http://harlanvampires.com
Gwynyvyr
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 26, 2009, 03:11:01 am

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #14: March 17, 2007, 06:15:28 pm »

Okay, my name is Gwenivere and I write...poetry, sorta essays, short stories and am working on a few novels....one of which is a delightful love story that includes a lingering death, a violent bloody murder and a suicide. Polishing that one up in the hopes of submitting it to a publisher .....someday.
I am posting a bit of my stuff on the blog here...

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)