The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 18, 2020, 12:51:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 12:51:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Writer Roll Call  (Read 15539 times)
violentsound
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:15:47 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Witch

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 18, 2007, 01:07:38 am »

'ullo, I'm N (also known as A. Mauchline) and I write (and draw) comics, essays on magic/pagan topics, and every once in a while a short story. I also livejournal like it's going out of style, and fanfiction is my dirty little secret. I have a silly little webcomic I rarely remember to update.

Currently I'm working on a comic about a handful of people who wake up to find the world has changed rather dramatically and who have to band together to figure out why exactly that is. It's grand fun. (I get to draw monsters!) I'm also involved in revamping a project I worked on with my sister about occult investigators and doing scripts for what we want to be an (adult) animated series.

Not too long ago I finished a film noir comic script for a buddy of mine that he illustrated much better than I ever could have - it was called 'The One Armed Man' and is available for viewing pleasure in his DevArt gallery. The artist threatened to beat me senseless for making him draw page 5, as he claimed it was impossible.

I'm unpublished, but I'm optimistic and stubborn.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: March 18, 2007, 02:36:38 pm »

Absolutely! I'm gonna do ScriptFrenzy, too, even though I've never written a screenplay in my life. Grin

Haha!  I've never written a completed screenplay either!  Good luck to both of us!

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
elizwrite
Apprentice
Last Login:December 09, 2012, 09:06:52 pm

Religion: pagan

Elizabeth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: March 18, 2007, 07:21:17 pm »

who are you, and what do you write?

I'm Elizabeth, and I write romances.  <g>  I reached the point a couple years ago where I got sick of 'good' rejections and wished for only form letters or an agent who would take on my mss.  Right now, I have two agents looking at different requested mss.  *fingers crossed*

sefiru
Master Member
Last Login:April 11, 2016, 07:41:55 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: March 19, 2007, 06:21:37 am »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Hi, I'm Sefiru and I'm a writer. I write:

fanfiction, which you can find on AdultFanFiction.net (same username, definitely NSFW) All I know is I get good reviews.
a fantasy novel which I have been "writing" since high school, involving an alternate Earth, the king of the Dragons and a renegade Catholic wizard.
a comic (which I never get off my butt to draw these days) also fantasy, set in a world where some people are furries with magic powers. I write what I like.
plus various bits and bobs.

I get a little writing done every day, because I write on the subway  Wink and because I try to post a chapter a week to AFF. Also, I'm a luddite: I can't compose well on a computer and I can't touch type (at my age!). But those little notebooks sure are portable ...  Grin
Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: March 19, 2007, 07:17:40 am »

Hi. I'm Sine and I'm a writer.

::"Hi, Sine!" the group choruses.::

I started writing fanfic in 1977, in Star Wars fandom, and branched out after Return of the Jedi.  Mostly now I'm writing  X Files fic.

I have one horror short story I'm trying to get up the nerve to shop around, the concept for a series based in the same universe.  Why is that so much of what I write is horror, when I don't even read horror?? 

Of course, there are a couple of other books that are partially-outlined and languishing for want of attention.

I'm working up a religious witchcraft book that will actually be a year's liturgy, with 21 rites for the 21 ritual occasions, plus connecting material and explanations.

--------------
Blesséd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: March 20, 2007, 09:25:11 am »

I'm Melamphoros and I'm a writer.

I typically write novels in the queer horror genre, but I also dabble in poetry and short stories.  I have two unfinished vampire novels, a ghost novella that I want to lengthen into a full novel, a werewolf novel thats on the backburner, as well as countless ideas that I need to find a home for.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: March 21, 2007, 12:09:44 pm »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Hi, I'm Mattie and I write short stories, essays on various topics and am working on a cookbook at the moment.  My short stories are fantasy horror and sometimes slip over the edge into the realm of erotica. 

sunkissed
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 14, 2014, 08:05:55 pm

Religion: Eccentric Neo-Pagan Dirt-Worshipper

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: March 21, 2007, 03:47:25 pm »

Hi, everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

I'm Julie and I am a writer. I'm non-published at the moment and likely to remain so. I write short stories mostly, although I have participated in NaNoWriMo three times and actually succeeded once. My stories always start out nice and light and then somehow morph into horror or thrillers. I find I sleep better at night if I don't spend too much time wondering why that happens. Wink

Sunkissed
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: March 21, 2007, 04:07:17 pm »

My stories always start out nice and light and then somehow morph into horror or thrillers.

Isn't that weird?  Mine do much the same thing.  I start out with this pretty little tale that somehow ends up rather more demented than intended at the outset.

sunkissed
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: March 21, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »

Isn't that weird?  Mine do much the same thing.  I start out with this pretty little tale that somehow ends up rather more demented than intended at the outset.

Oh, it's so strange and has really shook me up on one or two occasions. During the last NaNoWriMo I participated in, I decided to write a light, fluffy tale about the various romances of the crew of a ghost hunting show and it somehow turned into a thriller set in the early 20th century about a serial killer. And I ended up writing these horrible death scenes. They were some of the best stuff I've ever written but I HATED doing it because it really disturbed me that I could come up with this gruesome stuff. Like why is THAT in my head?

Sunkissed
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #25: March 21, 2007, 05:50:12 pm »

Oh, it's so strange and has really shook me up on one or two occasions. During the last NaNoWriMo I participated in, I decided to write a light, fluffy tale about the various romances of the crew of a ghost hunting show and it somehow turned into a thriller set in the early 20th century about a serial killer. And I ended up writing these horrible death scenes. They were some of the best stuff I've ever written but I HATED doing it because it really disturbed me that I could come up with this gruesome stuff. Like why is THAT in my head?

I don't ask those questions.

Or I'd have to ask why I wrote a really weird story about talking mushrooms.

and why my next novel is planning to involve (of all things) male sex-bots.

There are some things I think it's better off just not knowing! Cheesy

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
sunkissed
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: March 21, 2007, 06:05:07 pm »

I don't ask those questions.

Or I'd have to ask why I wrote a really weird story about talking mushrooms.

and why my next novel is planning to involve (of all things) male sex-bots.

I'm thinking I'd like to be reading this novel of yours.  Male sex-bots sound right up my alley. Grin

There are some things I think it's better off just not knowing! Cheesy

Ain't that the truth! Of course, part of my path involves exploring the darker sides of myself and I sometimes wonder if I am deliberately ignoring the place these darker or stranger ideas are coming from but sometimes I think it's better just to say, "Huh, look at that" and then back away slowly. Wink

Sunkissed
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #27: March 21, 2007, 06:17:53 pm »

I'm thinking I'd like to be reading this novel of yours.  Male sex-bots sound right up my alley. Grin

Ain't that the truth! Of course, part of my path involves exploring the darker sides of myself and I sometimes wonder if I am deliberately ignoring the place these darker or stranger ideas are coming from but sometimes I think it's better just to say, "Huh, look at that" and then back away slowly. Wink

I'm a little scared by how many people like the sound of that novel. *I* think it sounds disturbed. Cheesy

And I think fiction is naturally disturbed.  I really don't think it means that we're disturbed .. it means that the fiction is good.  (or at least, that's what I choose to believe ......)

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
sunkissed
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: March 21, 2007, 06:22:13 pm »

I'm a little scared by how many people like the sound of that novel. *I* think it sounds disturbed. Cheesy

Exactly! Wink

And I think fiction is naturally disturbed.  I really don't think it means that we're disturbed .. it means that the fiction is good.  (or at least, that's what I choose to believe ......)

I wonder sometimes about muses. I think a common visualization is of sweet, pretty fey things that whisper in our ears. Mine must be a two-ton monstrous brute with eyes in strange places and a tortured soul. His "inspiration" is odd, to say the least.

Sunkissed
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: March 21, 2007, 06:36:52 pm »

Personally I'm of the opinion that all authors are a little wierd.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)