The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 18, 2020, 04:36:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 04:36:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Writer Roll Call  (Read 15537 times)
phoukamare
Master Member
Last Login:May 12, 2009, 10:56:35 pm
United States United States

Religion: Irish pantheon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: March 21, 2007, 07:25:45 pm »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Well, I'm Marian...or Mare or Phouka or...

Anyway, I write poetry mostly, free verse, however, I've written fan fic that was published about 2 decades ago now; an interview that was published by Marvel comics when the FIRST Star Trek movie came out.

I keep saying I'm going to write a novel but it doesn't happen. I am trying to write some short stories about Jubilee, my horse. A writer friend of mine told me that they'd make good kid stories.

Phouka

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: March 21, 2007, 07:37:30 pm »

We had a thread like this back at the Social Forum (located here) and I figured we could continue it here. To echo Star: who are you, and what do you write?

Me?  I'm WarHorse.  I'm a horseman.  At other times, I drive trucks.  I used to be a teacher, student, soldier and other stuff.

I write most anything that comes to mind: currently working on the Great American Novel.  I also do some poetry and commentary.

One novel ms is "done" but needs tons of work.  Several others are in parts.  Those are my stairmasters, my exercise machines.  The current ms will be completed and published, one way or another.  It has a Pagan theme. Tongue

I posted a long short on the Beehive forum and am still waiting for Mari to critique it.  And to think I wasted that bribe... Cheesy

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #32: March 21, 2007, 07:42:44 pm »

Personally I'm of the opinion that all authors are a little wierd.

well, you're certainly weird.

you've got to be a little crazy to sit around talking to yourself all day and not see a problem with it! Cheesy

(and crazier to think someone will buy it .. but sometimes people DO!  *hope hope hope*)

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #33: March 21, 2007, 08:34:19 pm »

well, you're certainly weird.

Shh...there's people on the board who might not have worked that one out yet Cheesy

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #34: March 21, 2007, 09:51:58 pm »

Most of the ones I've known seemed quite normal to me.  Of course, I may not be normal. Wink

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: March 21, 2007, 10:26:52 pm »

My friend said this:

"I'm a writer.  That means I am certifiably insane."

Smiley

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 22, 2007, 12:18:34 am »

And I ended up writing these horrible death scenes. They were some of the best stuff I've ever written but I HATED doing it because it really disturbed me that I could come up with this gruesome stuff. Like why is THAT in my head?

My NaNo novella (available as a raw ms pull) was one of them, too.

It starts off as a modern era story, based very loosely on the bar I was working at and the denizens thereof.  I used the people as my tracking, so I could keep track of that many characters and not foul on names, really, with this interesting weirdness about one of them being Fae.  Within short order it had morphed from a rather soap opera set in a bar thing to this demented, twisted tale of murder, kidnapping, rape, torture and then, wraps up with everything going otherworldly.  And yet, it somehow reads well and moves from one point to the next organically. 

The bit about "What is THAT doing in MY head???" is the most disturbing part.  It really just fell out of there, this warped stuff that is quite distressing to think I thought up!

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #37: March 22, 2007, 09:27:40 am »

My stories always start out nice and light and then somehow morph into horror or thrillers. I find I sleep better at night if I don't spend too much time wondering why that happens. Wink

I personally love it when that happens.  My first novel started out as nothing but sex but then it morphed to the point where a certain body part was eaten by my main character (too tell the truth, it isn't too much of a leap--now it envolves chewing Undecided).

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #38: March 22, 2007, 09:33:19 am »

I can't speak for all writers but I for one am what one would consider weird.  It kinda helps in writing those grusome death scenes.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:00:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #39: March 22, 2007, 06:49:54 pm »

Shh...there's people on the board who might not have worked that one out yet Cheesy
I wouldn't worry - "weird, on TC" is like "tiger, in jungle" for noticeability.

(Speaking of noticing, I just noticed that there's a tiny bit of my brain that's actually expecting that black eye to clear up, and wondering why it hasn't.)

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
ginnflynn
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 15, 2009, 08:54:49 pm

Religion: Generic Pagan/Panentheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #40: March 23, 2007, 11:31:09 pm »

I'm Gin, and I journal compulsively, write poetry, write a ton of stuff for school, and in my spare time I write fan-fiction because I'm soooo not ready to develop my own characters yet.

Fan-fiction has always been my dirty little secret, like violentsound said, but it's amazing how much my writing has improved for it.  I've always been told I have a "way with words," but I was horrible with characterization, plot, flow...all those things that are pretty important if you want to tell a story.  Writing stories with someone else's characters gave me a low-pressure way to explore and improve on all those things.  Having beta-readers pick over my work taught me a lot, too. Wink 

Anyway, that was a bit of an OT-tangent.  But yeah, I love to write. I'm a writer at heart. Smiley

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: March 27, 2007, 06:00:16 pm »

My name is Ariana, and I write some stuff. Smiley  Namely:

A set of two novels (culture/character/political fantasy).  Long term project, to say the least.
Poems
Short stories, occasionally
Fanfic
My Livejournal
Occasional essays/articles on paganism and gaming.  (Gaming articles published in an online zine, one article on Thelema published in an OTO lodge's publication.)
Roleplaying posts on a forum.  (Which is sadly down right now.)

Malkin
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 07:53:38 pm

Religion: BTW

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #42: April 02, 2007, 10:10:17 pm »

I've been reluctant to report to this thread, as I can never seem to finish anything I write outside of school. But as I seem to have finally finished a short story, I guess I'll fess up. Cheesy

I'm Nicole. (I used to be "Arachne" on these forums.) I write prose; short stories. I have attempted a fanfic or two in the past. I would like to get into novel-length stuff, but I need to work on being able to finish a single page first. (I've never been published, obviously. Wink )

I like the genre of magical realism. (I don't like to go into all-out fantasy most of the time.) I also do totally realistic stories; however, I have little patience for domestic dramas. (I know there are good ones. I just find them too ubiquitous.)

Thessaly: It's time to draw down the moon.
Foxglove: We did this. Or something like this. We had water and salt, not blood. We invoked the goddess in her aspect as the moon. We called down her power...
Thessaly: Did she answer you?
Foxglove: Well, it felt good at the time. Empowering.
Thessaly: Hmph.
Entwife
Master Member
Last Login:February 24, 2015, 06:57:07 pm

Religion: Pagan (Ecclectic? Green? Something along those lines)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #43: April 13, 2007, 04:04:54 pm »

Hi, I'm Quinn and I write whatever I"m inspired to write lol. Poetry, fantasy fiction, short story fiction, non-fiction articles, product reviews, journal entries, postcards to friends lol. Lately, I've been inspired in poetry. I've been writing an ongoing poem in which each piece is inspired by a Creature Teacher found in nature. Then I follow up the poetry with an article on that totem. It's been very refreshing for me and, hopefully, enjoyable for those who have participated in guessing who the poem is about. Smiley

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." ~ Voltaire

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)