The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 23, 2019, 02:40:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:40:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, Rock People: Favorite stone for psychic abilities?  (Read 3143 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: September 21, 2007, 08:39:38 pm »

I know there are several of us on TC who share a passion for stones and are interested in their properties. 

We've talked quite a bit about healing stones (and if anyone has a "silver bullet" stone to recommend -- one that will just *fix* whatever's wrong -- I'm all ears).

I'm wondering if anyone has particular stones that they feel enhance psychic abilities, including empathy, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudiance, and the ability to reach trance states.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: September 21, 2007, 09:42:07 pm »

I know there are several of us on TC who share a passion for stones and are interested in their properties. 

We've talked quite a bit about healing stones (and if anyone has a "silver bullet" stone to recommend -- one that will just *fix* whatever's wrong -- I'm all ears).

I'm wondering if anyone has particular stones that they feel enhance psychic abilities, including empathy, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudiance, and the ability to reach trance states.

I had a nice little black one. It was black with white veins on it. It was given to me by my grandmother for healing aches and pains (that said, yes I am at least a 3rd generation stone person)   I am pretty sure it was probably an ocean polished beach pebble, it was about an inch in diameter.

Sorry I can't identify it, I don't think I ever even knew what type it was.   
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #2: September 22, 2007, 01:38:43 pm »

As far as healing stones, I usually put a rose quartz I have that I charged for healing in magicked up chicken soup when someone in my family is sick. Works like a champ. I also have used bloodstone for heavy unpleasant and painful menstrual bleeding (as we have discussed here on TC ad nauseum...). Warm it up in your hands, charge it with your breath, and put it in your undies. It has been helpful to me. Maybe I should put that one in the batshit thread....

For psychism, I have a rainbow moonstone ring I use for scrying, a big amethyst point I use for meditation and dream work, and I used to have a big chunk of obsidian that I used for the same. I also have a rose quartz crystal heart talisman that I use in an all-purpose way, sort of as a mediator or amplifier, depending on the situation. Good old Scott Cunninghams crystal and metals book is very useful for this kind of information as well.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 22, 2007, 01:57:39 pm »

My favorite psychic duo is moonstone and black tourmaline- moonstone to open the channels and take things to a higher level and tourmaline to keep you somewhat grounded and to act as a psychic protector. 

You mentioned healing stones...  awhile back I bought a "healer's pendant" that's a rather flattened six-facet amethyst with an oval rainbow moonstone set in a silver bale on the top.  It gives a really nice sense of overall well being and I absolutely adore it.  So it might be a combination to try. 

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: September 22, 2007, 02:20:37 pm »

You mentioned healing stones...  awhile back I bought a "healer's pendant" that's a rather flattened six-facet amethyst with an oval rainbow moonstone set in a silver bale on the top.  It gives a really nice sense of overall well being and I absolutely adore it.  So it might be a combination to try.

Interesting that you should mention that particular combination.  I often wear a rainbow moonstone pendant on one chain with an amethyst pendant on another chain.  Both are really beautiful pieces.  I agree that they complement each other well.

My problem is always trying to decide which stone to wear when.   Cheesy

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: September 22, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »

Hrmm, I use lapis lazuli for psychic abilities. I used to use lapis lazuli to help me jump to the energy world but no longer need it to do so. I've also had good results with moonstone. I use elestial and non-clear quartz for scrying (in moonlight or candlelight).

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #6: September 22, 2007, 05:40:15 pm »

My problem is always trying to decide which stone to wear when.

And that would be the reason I ordered that particular piece.  If it had black tourmaline in it as well, I would have built a shrine to it.  Cheesy

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)