The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 18, 2020, 09:34:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2020, 09:34:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Practices  (Read 9775 times)
juniperrr
Master Member
Last Login:December 01, 2008, 03:35:10 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 18, 2007, 03:09:19 am »

*sigh* It must be so nice if you can do such things like you wish.

You did notice the 12 hour workday? Seven days a week? But yes, I readily admit I love running my own business, there are many perks. Being able to surround the work space is altars in one.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #16: March 18, 2007, 10:05:49 am »

You did notice the 12 hour workday? Seven days a week?

Depends what one is working for, I guess.
8 hours in an office where everything is an energetic mess, people fearing to loose their jobs since December last year, that's far more worse, even when the weekends are off  Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #17: March 18, 2007, 12:16:05 pm »

Depends what one is working for, I guess.
8 hours in an office where everything is an energetic mess, people fearing to loose their jobs since December last year, that's far more worse, even when the weekends are off  Wink

I just found out today that my long awaited weekend off is no longer a weekend off. Today is the day I *really* wanted to have off, and *really* looked forward to (because I *never* get Sunday off) and guess what? I have to work!!

Yea, I'd love to be my own boss. Especially since, I'm an artist and writer, and that phone call I got to come in to work about fifteen minutes ago is getting in the way of my art and writing! I never have time for it anymore! Cry

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #18: March 18, 2007, 12:20:06 pm »

Yea, I'd love to be my own boss. Especially since, I'm an artist and writer, and that phone call I got to come in to work about fifteen minutes ago is getting in the way of my art and writing! I never have time for it anymore! Cry

*hugs* I hear you there - it is so hard to keep up the daily routine, going to a job you not really like and then someday you see, that you just don't seem to be able anymore to do the things you love so much.  Angry

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #19: March 18, 2007, 01:08:03 pm »

What sorts of things do you do every day (or try to do everyday)? What's their significance?

Added to clarify question: do you pray, or light candles, offer libations, etc?

I try to get in a bike ride at least once a week.  Off road.  Tires on dirt.  It seems to be the most effective mode of covering enough distance to get farth enough away that I can hear the true self voice in my head, and try to let go of some of the frustration of day to day life.  It also brings me out to where there are more omen animals, where I come in contact with more wild animals and can apply them to what I should be working on.

The exercise of it as well is pretty key because having your body focused on the work of riding, separates it from your thinking mind. 

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Sparrow
Journeyman
Last Login:October 26, 2014, 09:01:14 am
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: March 18, 2007, 02:07:24 pm »

I try to be aware - as much as possible.
Not just walking along, but take in the spider webs on the long grass, the smell of the air, the sounds around, greeting a blackbird or a tree (yes, someday they'll come and take me away *lol*) - being aware is what being alive is about  Wink but sometimes one forgets it in the hurry of the day.

Yeah, that's me too.

I don't really do anything ritualistic except candles and incence but thats more of a weekly thing than daily. I do however ponder spiritual thing daily. I don't set aside a time to do this it just happens when it happens. Like you say, I try to be aware of the spirits around me and the flow of life.

I find it difficult ,when I am keeping a hectic pace, to pay attention to those things. I'm trying to find a way to keep spirit part of my everyday life because as the kids get older they are doing more and more. My daily life gets more hectic every year that passes. It is essential that I make room everyday for spiritual reflections. And hopefully make it so that it is like breathing.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #21: March 18, 2007, 04:33:46 pm »

I find it difficult ,when I am keeping a hectic pace, to pay attention to those things.

Yeah, that's the big enemy to this 'technique'.
One tends to forget, if everything else is in a rush. 

Breeze
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 29, 2007, 01:46:24 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: March 18, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »

What sorts of things do you do every day (or try to do everyday)? What's their significance?

I am self-employed, but my schedule is never the same two days in a row; and then, of course, hubby's and the boys' schedules always seem to impact mine, even if it's nothing more than interruptions for silly questions, etc.  A couple of weeks ago I purchased Modern Magick for the first time and made a vow to myself that I was going to get serious and really start "doing" instead of just reading.  So, here's how I've been incorporating daily rituals, if you want to call it that.

I have a large, white, coconut scented candle in the bathroom, and that gets lit when I start the morning ritual of trying to clean up/make myself presentable for the day.  As I light it, I just kind of say a heartfelt good morning to the gods.

In the shower, I focus on the hot water running over my shoulders (kind of like a cape), and on scrubbing away all of yesterday's psychic dirt (bye-bye, down the drain you go).  When I'm done with the necessities, before getting out of the shower, I say a prayer (I've chosen Lord's Prayer) and say it with feeling/meaning again as the hot water forms a cape-like cascade.

After that, it's dry off, don favorite robe, turn off any room lights except for candle, and perform LBRP.  Candle is snuffed right before I leave the room with an informal "thanks for listening and being here for me."

I know it may sound silly, but morning bathroom time is the only time the rest of the family totally leaves me alone, and since it's an every morning thing, it just seemed natural to say thanks for all the good stuff the day before, and ask for protection for the day ahead.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #23: March 18, 2007, 10:35:13 pm »

I know it may sound silly, but morning bathroom time is the only time the rest of the family totally leaves me alone, and since it's an every morning thing, it just seemed natural to say thanks for all the good stuff the day before, and ask for protection for the day ahead.

It doesn't sound silly. In fact, it makes very good sense. You are taking advantage of what time you have.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Breeze
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 29, 2007, 01:46:24 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: March 19, 2007, 08:29:45 am »

It doesn't sound silly. In fact, it makes very good sense. You are taking advantage of what time you have.

The lighting of the candle is what, mentally, trips the switch within me to turn what is generally just a mundane task into a more spiritual awareness moment.  In my slightly adled brain, standing in the shower makes me aware of the elements: water (obvious), fire (heating the water), air (slight cool off on wet skin) and earth (shower stall/base cultured marble, so kinda stone-ish).
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: March 19, 2007, 08:30:14 pm »

I usually light a candle, some times more, as some one said being aware of my surrounding/environment, but that probablly does not count because it is something I learned going to school and teaching.

If I see the moon I almost always give are 'prayer/greeting.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)