The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 23, 2021, 01:24:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 01:24:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Exercises?  (Read 22961 times)
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #75: November 12, 2007, 09:38:08 pm »

It is important to note, too, that things are constantly in flux. And some questions and situations have so many variables that it is just impossible to get a really "true" or "false" answer. Which is why you don't use yes/no divination for them. But in general, I find that my pendulum answers run about 75-80% correct. Tarot is never wrong, though, sometimes it is hard to figger out until after the fact.

What about pendulums answering the question you asked, but not what you mean? For example, if you ask whether or not something will happen this year, will it answer you based on what *you* mean by year, as opposed to the Chinese year, the Celtic year, the school year, or any other different types of years?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Iago_Morgan
Journeyman
Last Login:October 12, 2010, 12:03:16 pm
United States United States

Religion: Christo-pagan-with added Wiccan flavoring

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #76: November 13, 2007, 02:26:03 am »

What about pendulums answering the question you asked, but not what you mean? For example, if you ask whether or not something will happen this year, will it answer you based on what *you* mean by year, as opposed to the Chinese year, the Celtic year, the school year, or any other different types of years?

In a situation like that, the answer would usually be given in terms of what's practical. A question posed in relation to school concerns, would likely be answered in terms of a school year, etc.

just my experience tho...

Circle in the night
In the dark I cloak myself in Light.
Surrounded by this Power, Magick's might
I see the ancient Fire burning bright.
Circle in the night.

-From 'Circle in the Night' by Iago Morgan
sacredherbals
Apprentice
Last Login:January 04, 2008, 01:09:04 pm

Religion: Wiccan witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #77: November 13, 2007, 10:48:58 am »

It is my personal belief that magic is basically the manipulation of personal energy.  There is an exercise you can do with a stone that uses body heat and friction to manipulate energy. This is a good exercise if you have problems beliveing in unseen energy that cannot be proven, because with this one you can actually test your results.

If you take a smooth cold stone and place it between your palms, it will eventually be warmed by your body heat. You can speed up the process by rubbing your hands together to create friction and cause the stone to heat faster.  No magic there, just the laws of nature.

After you feel the stone warming up you can test its heat (energy) by touching the stone to your cheek. It won't feel as warm as it did in your palms, because your palms are also energy charged from the stone and friction.The next step is to concentrate on raising the level of energy (heat) with your will power, not just through the physical movements. Again, you can test the warmth and duration of the heat. You will know you are making progress when the stone gets warmer and stays warmer longer when you use your mind as well as your body.

How hot the stone becomes and how long it stays warm are a test of how much personal energy you have raised. I have actually had stones get so hot I have had to stop from the heat build-up.

This is an exercise that you can actually test because it has to do with personal energy in the form of transfering heat.

It is good to be skeptical at first along any path. It is sometimes hard to tell if something is really happening or if you just think it is because you want it to.

Good luck!

This sounds like a great exercise! I will have to try this one. I'm fairly new to spellwork and working with energy so I need all the help I can get!  Grin   

Eadie
Master Member
Last Login:November 11, 2008, 04:19:38 pm

Religion: Other

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #78: November 13, 2007, 12:40:34 pm »

It is important to note, too, that things are constantly in flux. And some questions and situations have so many variables that it is just impossible to get a really "true" or "false" answer. Which is why you don't use yes/no divination for them. But in general, I find that my pendulum answers run about 75-80% correct. Tarot is never wrong, though, sometimes it is hard to figger out until after the fact.

My pendulum answers are always what I think the answer is, or what I want it to be.  And they are wrong as often as I am.....

Sometimes I have a 'confusing' tarot spread that makes sense later (in the manner of a clue by 4). 
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #79: November 13, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »

My pendulum answers are always what I think the answer is, or what I want it to be.  And they are wrong as often as I am.....

Sometimes I have a 'confusing' tarot spread that makes sense later (in the manner of a clue by 4). 

Yeah. I'm starting to feel weird about my pendulum because it's stopped responding to me completely. It refuses to move or gives me several answers to the same question and answers i know are wrong. what I don't understand is why it was so accurate before. Does it need to be cleansed or anything?

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #80: November 13, 2007, 07:53:19 pm »

Yeah. I'm starting to feel weird about my pendulum because it's stopped responding to me completely. It refuses to move or gives me several answers to the same question and answers i know are wrong. what I don't understand is why it was so accurate before. Does it need to be cleansed or anything?

More likely you are now trying to hard, and it has stalled out, as it were. Give it a rest for a day or so, and when you get back to it, make sure you are grounded and centered.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #81: November 13, 2007, 08:26:06 pm »

More likely you are now trying to hard, and it has stalled out, as it were. Give it a rest for a day or so, and when you get back to it, make sure you are grounded and centered.

*smacks forehead* Duh. That's what I get for being impatient. It's amazing how fast I forget basics.

Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #82: November 13, 2007, 10:32:48 pm »

*smacks forehead* Duh. That's what I get for being impatient. It's amazing how fast I forget basics.

And most of my questions have been answered by this really old (and unfortunately short) thread on pendulums in the divination section.

So to continue on with some of what they were talking about, who or what do you think is communicating through the pendulum? Like, could you communicate with dead people that way?

rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #83: November 13, 2007, 10:51:11 pm »

And most of my questions have been answered by this really old (and unfortunately short) thread on pendulums in the divination section.

So to continue on with some of what they were talking about, who or what do you think is communicating through the pendulum? Like, could you communicate with dead people that way?

I think this is different for different people, and different at different times. For me, I am generally talking to my Higher Self, or my guides. I try to always set energetic boundaries so not just anyone/thing that is happening by can come in and play around with me-they will, ime, if I do not have appropriate shielding. You can always just ask who  you are talking to, in a yes/no way...grandma, some stranger, yourself...you can also ask to talk to someone specifically, and see what happens. Again, have fun Smiley Anyway, I think talking to dead people and myself is fun. So maybe I am not the best person to ask Cheesy

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #84: November 13, 2007, 10:54:20 pm »

I think this is different for different people, and different at different times. For me, I am generally talking to my Higher Self, or my guides. I try to always set energetic boundaries so not just anyone/thing that is happening by can come in and play around with me-they will, ime, if I do not have appropriate shielding. You can always just ask who  you are talking to, in a yes/no way...grandma, some stranger, yourself...you can also ask to talk to someone specifically, and see what happens. Again, have fun Smiley Anyway, I think talking to dead people and myself is fun. So maybe I am not the best person to ask Cheesy

I tried it again with (sloppy, I admit, I need to work on patience) grounding and centering. This time I tried asking if anyone was willing to answer my questions, and it turned out better than it had, even if the answers weren't as strong as they were the first time. Whoever I've been talking to (if it's the same person) probably found that more polite or something.

Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #85: November 18, 2007, 05:33:42 pm »

I'm still having trouble with the pendulum. I grounded and centered, asked, did everything I could think of. No response at all.

rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #86: November 18, 2007, 05:37:46 pm »

I'm still having trouble with the pendulum. I grounded and centered, asked, did everything I could think of. No response at all.

well, what do you want to *do with the pendulum? I find sometimes it doesn't work for me if the question I am asking is 1) something I already know, and I just don't like the answer
2) not my business

Do you do cards, or runes or anything else? I find that having multiple forms of divination is a really good way to cross check my information.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #87: November 18, 2007, 06:54:12 pm »

This sounds like a great exercise! I will have to try this one. I'm fairly new to spellwork and working with energy so I need all the help I can get!  Grin   

Good luck along your path!
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #88: November 18, 2007, 09:53:28 pm »

well, what do you want to *do with the pendulum? I find sometimes it doesn't work for me if the question I am asking is 1) something I already know, and I just don't like the answer
2) not my business

Do you do cards, or runes or anything else? I find that having multiple forms of divination is a really good way to cross check my information.

Well, I *do* keep asking the same question over and over again. I ask it and get the answer I want. Then two hours later I'm sure I moved my hand just slightly so that I *got* the answer I want. Then I get nervous and freaked out and run and do it again. So now I'm unsure as to whether the first ten answers I got to the question were the true ones and whoever I'm communicating with is tired of me, or whether I keep getting the answer I want and it's annoyed with me because I know that the answer is actually negative when I keep making it come positive.

I want to learn runes. I made my own set, but I don't know how to use them just yet. And I kind of like the pendulum's yes/no answers. I don't have to worry about interpreting. Still, I should maybe try. Do you know a good resource for them? The only book I have that has runes in it is a 101 book that has just names and basic meanings.

rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #89: November 18, 2007, 10:19:50 pm »

Well, I *do* keep asking the same question over and over again. I ask it and get the answer I want. Then two hours later I'm sure I moved my hand just slightly so that I *got* the answer I want. Then I get nervous and freaked out and run and do it again. So now I'm unsure as to whether the first ten answers I got to the question were the true ones and whoever I'm communicating with is tired of me, or whether I keep getting the answer I want and it's annoyed with me because I know that the answer is actually negative when I keep making it come positive.

Oh dear...you seem to have gone mental about this Wink jk, but still, it might be a good idea to give the whole thing a rest for a bit, yk? If it isn't just flowing, and you don't trust your intuition, then it might be best to just let it be for a while. jmo.

I want to learn runes. I made my own set, but I don't know how to use them just yet. And I kind of like the pendulum's yes/no answers. I don't have to worry about interpreting. Still, I should maybe try. Do you know a good resource for them? The only book I have that has runes in it is a 101 book that has just names and basic meanings.

I don't know a thing about runes, but I bet if you do a search, you'll find a long, detailed informative thread on this very board...or someone will come along in a minute who is an adept and will tell you everything Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:36:13 pm by RandallS, Reason: Fixed quote BBCode » Logged

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)