The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 23, 2021, 02:16:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 02:16:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Exercises?  (Read 22963 times)
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #90: November 18, 2007, 10:23:30 pm »

I don't know a thing about runes, but I bet if you do a search, you'll find a long, detailed informative thread on this very board...or someone will come along in a minute who is an adept and will tell you everything Smiley

Yeah, probably. I should probably go re-read the chapter on runes in that 101 book I have. Nobody seems to have ever heard of this book, but from all the other research I've done, the information has been accurate. I also am curious as to how the runes work. Some people have said that spirit guides, spirits, and gods and goddess communicate through the pendulum (does the spirit guide sit in front of you invisible and spin the pendulum for you?). How do the runes work, and what makes these symbols magical? Or are they just traditional?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #91: December 09, 2007, 10:31:53 pm »

Another question about pendulums.

Do you have to *hold* them, or can you hang it on something, because i am *sure* i'm influencing mine.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #92: December 09, 2007, 11:31:45 pm »

Do you have to *hold* them, or can you hang it on something, because i am *sure* i'm influencing mine.

Not sure...I know I get better results when I am very clear about who I want to access with the pendulum, usually a specific deity, guide, or my Higher Self. I do notice that the really accurate info seems to come through when I am just barely holding it at all.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
KaosSwirl
Apprentice
Last Login:February 17, 2008, 09:45:21 pm

Religion: Zen Thru Kaos

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #93: December 10, 2007, 02:58:39 am »

Practice makes perfect, right? So how can I practice manipulating my energy or magic or whatever it's called to get my spells stronger? I feel like one of my problems is that I feel nervous when I do spell work like 'is this gonna work, is this gonna work, is this gonna work?' rolling over and over inside my head and keeping me from concentrating on what I'm doing, and I think that if I get into a routine of working with magic, the actual spells won't seem like such a big deal and I won't get as nervous.

what your trying to do is actually called a hand mudra, what your wanting to do is put your hands together as
if your praying then seperate them slightly and relax your hands where your fingers are slightly bent but palms or
fingers arent touching.
think of hand mudras as a type of sign-language to conjure different types of vibration, some vibration communicate
better with different situations and mindsets as others do not, i cannot remember the name of this perticular one but
its one of the very basic ones to teach someone to feel there aura/vibration.
theres alot of talk about what each of the different hand mudras mean, but best thing to do is only use that as a jumping
off point to experiement and find your own meaning for the different postures.
this exercise seems to be better known as a method of creating "energy balls", working with this mudra and slowly cupping
your hands as you start to feel a pulse and pressure pushing back against your fingers and palms you can focus in on this
"energy ball", and train your 3rd eye to see the aura as well.

It is till it isn't
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #94: December 11, 2007, 10:43:05 pm »

I'm sure it would be find for you to tie it to a bar or something. If you feel like you still want the physical connection, maybe you can put just a finger on the top of the knot around the bar. I'd reckon it would still work though... Wink

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #95: December 11, 2007, 11:47:01 pm »

I'm sure it would be find for you to tie it to a bar or something. If you feel like you still want the physical connection, maybe you can put just a finger on the top of the knot around the bar. I'd reckon it would still work though... Wink

Thanks! I'll try that.

Eadie
Master Member
Last Login:November 11, 2008, 04:19:38 pm

Religion: Other

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #96: December 18, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

Thanks! I'll try that.

I have seen pandulaum direction that ASSUMED you would tie it to a stand and never hold it during use.
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #97: December 18, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »

I have seen pandulaum direction that ASSUMED you would tie it to a stand and never hold it during use.

REally? Where? I would be interested in seeing that.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #98: December 18, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »

Well, I *do* keep asking the same question over and over again. I ask it and get the answer I want. Then two hours later I'm sure I moved my hand just slightly so that I *got* the answer I want. Then I get nervous and freaked out and run and do it again. So now I'm unsure as to whether the first ten answers I got to the question were the true ones and whoever I'm communicating with is tired of me, or whether I keep getting the answer I want and it's annoyed with me because I know that the answer is actually negative when I keep making it come positive.

I want to learn runes. I made my own set, but I don't know how to use them just yet. And I kind of like the pendulum's yes/no answers. I don't have to worry about interpreting. Still, I should maybe try. Do you know a good resource for them? The only book I have that has runes in it is a 101 book that has just names and basic meanings.

It seems the talk is like the Pendulaum has a mind of it's own. It is my belief that it is but tool. An extension of self. Not something to use on it's own. Or has it's own ability to answer questions.
The question itself needs to be looked at as well.  If your not exact in your intent your question becomes jumbled. You mention you like to use it because it's a yes/no, without interpreting. What if the answer is not a yes or no. Just because you pose a question for a yes or no reply, doesn't mean it is so. A still pendulaum can also be seen as, there is no, yes or no.

To continue to ask the same question... would be like someone asking me the same question over and over. After a couple, I may become annoyed, perhaps offended. *since you seem to see it as seperate from yourself.*

I'm thinking... your burning out the natural aspects of the stone. Put it in a windowsill for a few days and nights. *try for where the sun and moon will shine on it* My belief anways, that there must be a balance.
Don't touch it for a few days. When you pick it up, you may find you can Feel it.
Once cleansed re-program it to suit your needs and sinc up with your energies.

I have a beautiful set of quartz Runes that one of my sisters gave me. They are wonderful, but I'm more drawn to witches stones. A great site for knowledge and to learn how to pronounce Runes *each rune has it's own sound file to listen to on the site* is
http://www.runemaker.com/runemaker.shtml

Though I heard a few different ways to pronounce, the runemaster to me seems the closest.
Not saying believe everything you read, but it's a good reference site for sure.

Energy Follows Attention
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #99: December 18, 2007, 04:46:33 pm »

I have a beautiful set of quartz Runes that one of my sisters gave me. They are wonderful, but I'm more drawn to witches stones. A great site for knowledge and to learn how to pronounce Runes *each rune has it's own sound file to listen to on the site* is
http://www.runemaker.com/runemaker.shtml

Thanks for the link.
What are witches stones?

Eadie
Master Member
Last Login:November 11, 2008, 04:19:38 pm

Religion: Other

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #100: December 18, 2007, 04:50:07 pm »

REally? Where? I would be interested in seeing that.

It was somewhere online, but not a link I saved.  If I remember I will post it, but since I'm at work now it won't be soon.
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #101: December 19, 2007, 09:22:53 am »

Thanks for the link.
What are witches stones?

Depends on who you talk to when it comes to witches stones, what your path and faith is.
My Stone Runes, can also be refered to as Witches Rune Stones but I call them Rune Stones.
Mine are 3 sided clear quartz with the Runic symbols etched into them.
I use them just like Runes, only difference is with the 3 sides, I have more interpretation depend on which way the symbol is facing. *in, out, or unside down. Not just placement*
Cast just like Runes are.

Witches Stones can also be Tarot Stones. Using the meanings of the stones to reflect the writings of Tarot cards. Picking each stone out of the bag and placing it in a layout.

I've seen Time Destiny Stones, where numbers and drawn on.

Another Time stone set, each stone corresponds to one of the eight Sabbats. This gives time scale.
Some will add 4 more stones to correspond with the seasons.

My witches stones are chosen what each one means to me. Some will draw a personal symbol on each one that you recognise as that meaning. 30 stones in all.
Sometimes 26 more are adding for each letter of the alphabet. *I don't, but have read it is "traditional"*

Element Stones, I also consider witches stones.

I'd probably call all these witches stones, since I'm a witch. *smiles*

Energy Follows Attention

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)