The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2021, 11:44:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2021, 11:44:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Books on lucid dreaming  (Read 2656 times)
Allstar
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 19, 2009, 03:05:02 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 05, 2007, 05:08:39 pm »

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for any good books on lucid dreaming?

Thanks!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 05, 2007, 05:17:20 pm »

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for any good books on lucid dreaming?

My college Psych 101 course used Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge.  I had very good results with the book.  Using this book and keeping a dream journal enabled me to experience the only lucid dreaming moment I've ever experienced.  I'm only cursorily interested in dream-work so I've not pursued it but were I to do so I'd start with this book again.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
pretz
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 22, 2009, 04:13:43 pm

Religion: Solitary Eclectic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 06, 2007, 03:57:46 pm »

Thanks!

"Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield
Neriandal Freit
Master Member
Last Login:May 22, 2011, 10:34:22 am

Religion: Pagan

Dancing under the moonlit stars

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 07, 2007, 10:28:35 pm »

"Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield

I my self will have to check into these books, I'm constantly having Lucid Dreams about everyone, the gods or something else!

Thanks Allstar for starting this topic up Cheesy
Allstar
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 19, 2009, 03:05:02 pm

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 07, 2007, 11:33:51 pm »

Thanks Allstar for starting this topic up Cheesy

Just as sort of an update to this thread....  I have been reading various things on the internet about lucid dreaming and have found a couple tips that I am trying to put into practice.

1.  Keeping a dream journal.
2.  Practicing using cues - for example, looking at the clock frequently while I am awake, so that I will hopefully look at a clock while dreaming.  Apparently in dreams, when you look at a clock, turn away, and then look back again, the time will have dramatically changed, thus alerting you to the fact that you are dreaming.

I have also decided to try using amethyst crystals, and I have always had dream catchers hanging above the bed. 

I have had lucid dreams before, not purposefully, but am hoping that in time I will be able to do this purposefully.

Derg Corra
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 08, 2008, 09:29:15 pm

Religion: Aspiring Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 08, 2007, 12:28:46 am »

I have had lucid dreams before, not purposefully, but am hoping that in time I will be able to do this purposefully.

Lucid dreams are one of the things that really got me interested in magickal thinking.

Every now and then I seek this out, the site that got me started with basic techniques is this one:

http://www.ld4all.com/

The most helpful thing I learned from there is to train yourself to do "reality checks" at intervals during the day when you are looking to have a lucid dream.  There are a number of methods, my favorite is to pinch my nose very briefly and try to breathe through it.  When I can't breathe through it, I think to myself "you're still awake."  The idea is to make it so much of a habit that you do it in your sleep.  When you realize that something isn't normal (you breathe through your pinched nose effortlessly), you realize that you are dreaming and can take control of things.

Dream journals are great too, but one thing I've noticed is that if it is a very vivid experience you might recall it upon waking regardless of whether you write it down.  At the very least they teach you to learn how to remember your dreams so it's easier with practice.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)