The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 05, 2021, 04:11:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2021, 04:11:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Does Hermes Send Anyone Odd Dreams?  (Read 1968 times)
Aetius
Master Member
Last Login:August 09, 2009, 09:41:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hellenismos

Hellenic Polytheist Revivalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 08, 2007, 01:02:42 am »

I had a couple of strange dreams this year.

In one dream, I was inside an old abandoned factory along a river, not unlike the ones which dot the New England landscape in which I live. The factory was in beautiful condition, but all the machinery had been removed. There were people in the dream, enjoying a cookout inside the empty red brick structure.

An older man and a younger woman approached me. They pointed to a manhole cover with a square concrete base. The concrete had a date, "5-15-06", scrawled by a human finger, into it. I was aware within the dream, that this was supposed to be the date of someone's death.

The older man said, "He died during some labor unrest."

The younger woman said, "The company had him killed."

I took one last look at the manhole, and then I woke up. It's entirely possible that it really was just an odd dream and nothing more, but what if it wasn't? Was I a murderer in another life? Was I the victim? Why would these ghosts or whatever, be hanging out in an abandoned factory, telling me about someone I never knew?

The second odd dream, was simply a word. I heard the name "JANET!" at 2:32AM, on January 26 of 2006. When people speak during my dreams, they do it in a certain voice. This wasn't like that at all. It was literally like several people were leaning over me while I slept, and spoke the name directly in my ear. It was loud enough to wake me up.

The thing is, the only Janet I know is an elderly co-worker. I'd always thought of her as a less-than-friendly person, but I made the effort to become her friend. I felt that I was given some kind of omen, that I should try to make friends with every Janet I meet.  Smiley

My point is, Hermes is my patron deity, and I understand that He has something to do with our dreams. I never had experiences like these, before I began sacrificing to Him regularly.

Does anyone else have similar stories to tell, about Hermes and odd dreams?

Too bad the Gods can't save me from my own stupidity.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

fiamma
Master Member
Last Login:May 17, 2012, 04:14:28 pm

Religion: Devotee of Apollo/Hellenic Polytheist

...I'm playing with fire and not getting burned...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 09, 2007, 02:58:12 am »

My point is, Hermes is my patron deity, and I understand that He has something to do with our dreams. I never had experiences like these, before I began sacrificing to Him regularly.

Does anyone else have similar stories to tell, about Hermes and odd dreams?

Hmm...not really. I have a LOT of dreams involving Apollo, and a few involving others. I don't think Hermes has shown up in my dreams, or been connected to any of them. (I tend to follow a much stronger association of Morpheus and dreams personally)

Hermes just kicks me when my roommate isn't paying proper attention to him.

Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
chugger1
Senior Newbie
Last Login:April 29, 2008, 02:36:01 pm

Religion: Hellenic Polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 12, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »

Hi from Jen M

Not dreams perhaps but definitely one vacation I took.  I thought it was amusing I met someone named Gabe there.  We talked a lot about

traveling.  It seems like everything that's happened to me since then has been about opening boundaries. 

Jen M

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)