The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 23, 2019, 02:14:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:14:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Everyday Mindfulness  (Read 5640 times)
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 12, 2007, 11:36:35 am »

Shrines, altars and special jewelry are the three things that always come up when someone asks how they keep religion/faith present in their day to day lives. Besides these things, what do you do to maintain everyday mindfulness?

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: October 12, 2007, 01:07:42 pm »

Shrines, altars and special jewelry are the three things that always come up when someone asks how they keep religion/faith present in their day to day lives. Besides these things, what do you do to maintain everyday mindfulness?

I personally greet the day by giving thanks for all I have received, all I am receiving and all I will receive. Over the course of the day, I continue walking close to my Gods and Goddesses as well.

Nothing tangible but instead, how I feel, think, talk, react and do.  Smiley

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 12, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »

I try to pop by here and other pagan/Kemetic sites I have in my Favourites at least every other day.

My gods are set up at eye level when I'm sitting on my bed so they're the first and last things I see in a day.
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 12, 2007, 01:20:59 pm »

I was just talking a bit about the subject in this thread.

Brina
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 19, 2015, 10:34:23 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 12, 2007, 02:07:57 pm »

I have extensive iTunes playlists.

For example, for each of the elemental attunements I've done, I put together a playlist: it's then my main listening while I'm working on the attunment. (I think the shortest of the lot has 4 hours of music in it: the longest is something like 12 hours, so I don't get rapid repeats, since I'm rarely home to listen for multiple hours in a day.)

I've also done playlists for particular magical workings, the Sabbats, and for pretty much anything else I want to keep a particular focus on.

I do the same thing with desktop images: both at work and at home, I pick ones that make me reflect on something. (Work is a single image: I change it every month or two. Home is a rotating one where I change the folder seasonally.)

I pick computer passwords for work (where we have to change them every 2 months) that reflect a long-term term ongoing goal. (So, a recent one was 'abundance' for example.) (In this case, I'm not really worried about serious hacking: they're used more for identification on the system, so I don't do the more complex characters + numbers type.)

I also read stuff regularly: not just being on forums, or reading Pagan specific blogs, but some other things. (And it's a range of things: some web comics, some blogs, some resources, etc.) Also books: one of the ways I stay mindful is in staying aware of other perspectives, interests, and goals beside my own.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 12, 2007, 02:36:13 pm »

Besides these things, what do you do to maintain everyday mindfulness?

For me, if you hear me talking about my mommy in conversation.....I'm not talking about my mother, I'm talking about Isis.

Dork of Massive Proportions
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 12, 2007, 02:47:03 pm »

This just came up last night actually: painting my toenails to match the waxing and waning moons (blue for waxing white for waning) as a reminder of the different things I'm supposed to be thinking about and doing at those times.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: October 12, 2007, 06:10:17 pm »

I second a lot of what Jenett said:  iPod playlists, computer passwords, the books I choose to read.

And of course, there's always the jewelry, specific stones, and candles/oil lamps.  I have a couple of LED candles both at home and at work that are always on.  I also have a lot of artwork that is meaningful for me, both at home and at work.

And my tattoo.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 12, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »

And my tattoo.

That'd be me too.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #9: October 12, 2007, 08:55:41 pm »

That'd be me too.

Three.  With side orders of jewelry, music and computer wallpaper.  And speaking of graphics, of course my avatar.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #10: October 12, 2007, 09:07:07 pm »

Three.  With side orders of jewelry, music and computer wallpaper.  And speaking of graphics, of course my avatar.

And scent.  I almost forgot it, because I'm tired, but I wear BPAL's Delphi and Athens scents sometimes as low-key mindfulness things.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 12, 2007, 09:15:22 pm »

And scent.  I almost forgot it, because I'm tired, but I wear BPAL's Delphi and Athens scents sometimes as low-key mindfulness things.

I wear Dragon's Blood.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #12: October 12, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »

For example, for each of the elemental attunements I've done, I put together a playlist:

me too. And one for Spirit/Akasha. Music is a very important in my practice, as is yoga and exercise generally.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman
Last Login:December 18, 2011, 10:11:07 pm

Religion: Absurdism

From LiveJournal Community: Cat_Macros

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 17, 2007, 09:21:35 pm »

Show gratitude for 'little' things- like a perfectly timed cool breeze or a good night's sleep or a cheerful waitress or a cup of tea and a chat with my housemate. I try not to grumble all the time (and being a natural grouch, that's not easy).

Most of all, I try to dream daily, either analyzing what I drempt the night before or daydreaming. I try to find lessons in my dreams that I can carry to the waking world.

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 17, 2007, 10:04:34 pm »

Daily meditation.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.