The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2020, 03:47:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2020, 03:47:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ok so I have a question, Issue.  (Read 2724 times)
Martyrdivinity
Last Login:November 14, 2007, 03:05:00 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 12, 2007, 03:47:14 pm »

Ok so I have this issue and I really need some input from more educated pagan practitioners. Ok, so can trees talk to you? Because I think mine are. Its probably been happening my whole life. I've hiked since I could walk and my parents could rarely get me out of the forest even for dinner. I don't know where it came form cause I was adopted, I'm the only person in my family who is even remotely like this. But lately I've found this insane connnection with the forest near my new house. The other day I struck up a conversation with the trees......they conversed back.... I don't know what to make of it. It wasn't vocal; communication by any means, but I felt it and I knew exactly what they were saying. When I would get confused I would ask questions and depending on my question the air would blow the trees in different way and I would get different answers. I don't know if I'm going crazy, maybe I'm just lonely I'm not sure, but I felt like I knew exactly what they were saying even if it was answers that I really didn't want to hear. it was so weird. I don't know what to think about it. PLEASE somebody help me, the answers Im getting out there are making me very confused and stressed and Im afraid to say what they said because its alot of pressure and confuses me. PLEASE PLEASE help me. I know this connection is real but I'm afraid of the answers I received. Either reply or pm me please I really need some out of the circle imput on this because I don't belong to a coven so I don't really have anyone to go to, Please again help me put this into perspective. I know I've heard of people talking with spirits but is this the same just a rarer form because it has nothing to do with people only trees?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:50:14 pm by Martyrdivinity » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 12, 2007, 03:55:39 pm »

Ok so I have this issue and I really need some input from more educated pagan practitioners. Ok, so can trees talk to you? Because I think mine are.

Sure Smiley  I have talked to trees, plants, stones.... I particularly like stones.  Although, my computer did recently tell me his name is tough dude.  Silly me, I thought he was a girl!  Cheesy

I have talked to trees and plants (and "felt" their responses back) since I was a kid.  Also, rocks and stuff. I seem to relate better to stones now, but still will talk to other stuff. 

I am definitely an animist Wink  I admit I dont always so much hear words, as I feel impressions.  The fact you didnt necessarily get answers you wanted to hear is a significant thing.  Now if you were getting all "you are right" type responses, I might wonder but you arent.  That is one thing that helped me realize it wasnt all in my head, you know? Because I have been given specific NO responses before.

There are several animists on the board. 

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: October 12, 2007, 04:01:59 pm »

Why are you afraid of the answers you're getting?  If the answers are *bad things*, I would think that you need to find some help - it's entirely possible you're attributing to trees something like schizophrenia, and that IS a problem.

OTOH, it could be that you're just freaking yourself out, or just talking to trees.  It really depends on what's going on - and from what you've said here, it's impossible to say.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 12, 2007, 04:09:42 pm »

I know I've heard of people talking with spirits but is this the same just a rarer form because it has nothing to do with people only trees?

Actually it's not rare at all, it's quite common. Smiley I talk to everything, not just trees. Tongue The only thing that really freaked me out was when they were right and it was mundanely verifiable.

I second what Shadow said, you need to find out why it's freaking you out. If it's because it's answers you don't necessarily want to hear, that's to be expected of ANY kind of divination, spirit communication, etc. If the trees are telling you to kill people, please get help. Shocked

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 12, 2007, 04:21:31 pm »

Ok so I have this issue and I really need some input from more educated pagan practitioners. Ok, so can trees talk to you? Because I think mine are. Its probably been happening my whole life. I've hiked since I could walk and my parents could rarely get me out of the forest even for dinner. I don't know where it came form cause I was adopted, I'm the only person in my family who is even remotely like this. But lately I've found this insane connnection with the forest near my new house. The other day I struck up a conversation with the trees......they conversed back.... I don't know what to make of it. It wasn't vocal; communication by any means, but I felt it and I knew exactly what they were saying. When I would get confused I would ask questions and depending on my question the air would blow the trees in different way and I would get different answers. I don't know if I'm going crazy, maybe I'm just lonely I'm not sure, but I felt like I knew exactly what they were saying even if it was answers that I really didn't want to hear.

Okay, first I want to say that, yes, you can have a psychic connection to trees. Yes, they can be "speaking" to you wordlessly. You are not alone with this gift.

However, since you seem to be upset by what the trees are saying, make sure it really is the trees. If they are telling you to do something you would not normally do, to do harm to yourself or someone else, well, that is not the nature of trees and I would recommend seeking out some help. As other have now posted.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:23:35 pm by Nile_Lily, Reason: Double wording » Logged
Martyrdivinity
Last Login:November 14, 2007, 03:05:00 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 12, 2007, 05:14:25 pm »

I probably wasnt clear enough, its not that I am scared of the responses I get from the trees, I just get answers that I would rather not have, like if you ask if your being a brat you would rather not hear that you are..even if you actually are..the truth hurts kinda of thing. I just have been afraid I was alone with this I guess, since this has been going on my entier life but I tried really hard to not admit it till now.. Its scary because you hear all the time about people being in tune with human spirits, but I've never heard of people only having that ability with trees. Im really good with animals, but I dont have that same ability with them or people not in our realm, or any thing of the sort, only trees. But thank you all for your responses, this really does help. I'm going to work on embracing this ability. Im going back to school and have already deicided on forestry as a major, it something I've wanted to do for a long time, so perhaps this will bring me that much closer. Once again thank you! Blessings to you all. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:16:41 pm by Martyrdivinity » Logged
gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 12, 2007, 05:19:03 pm »

I'm going to work on embracing this ability. Im going back to school and have already deicided on forestry as a major, it something I've wanted to do for a long time, so perhaps this will bring me that much closer. Once again thank you! Blessings to you all. Smiley

Good for you Smiley on the forestry thing. 

Good luck!

Gina Smiley

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Lorraine
Journeyman
Last Login:March 17, 2018, 09:39:57 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: polytheist but drawn to more than one pantheon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 12, 2007, 05:35:55 pm »

I just have been afraid I was alone with this I guess, since this has been going on my entier life but I tried really hard to not admit it till now.. Its scary because you hear all the time about people being in tune with human spirits, but I've never heard of people only having that ability with trees.

Oh well, you have now!   Cheesy  No, you're not the only one, there are people around who work with trees in that way and with other plants too.  Since you're not being told to do something worrying I wouldn't have too much concern, enjoy your contact with the trees when it happens, and keep a balance of activities in your life. 

I hope the forestry studies go well for you.  I'm very much a plant person too but more interested in gardening than something more large-scale such as that.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: October 12, 2007, 08:09:26 pm »

Martyrdivinity, please use the quote function (leaving the long tag of identifying the post quoted) when you reply to people?  Thank you.

Also, I'm glad to hear it's "not what you want to hear" kind of thing with the trees, and not "eat your kitty" type hearing things.  I was a little worried from the first post.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 13, 2007, 11:51:15 am »

I probably wasnt clear enough, its not that I am scared of the responses I get from the trees, I just get answers that I would rather not have, like if you ask if your being a brat you would rather not hear that you are..even if you actually are..the truth hurts kinda of thing. I just have been afraid I was alone with this I guess, since this has been going on my entier life but I tried really hard to not admit it till nowIm going back to school and have already deicided on forestry as a major, it something I've wanted to do for a long time, so perhaps this will bring me that much closer. Once again thank you! Blessings to you all. Smiley

Glad to hear that the trees are speaking the truth to you! Yes, you do have a connection to them then. It is a fabulous gift to have. I think it is wonderful that you are going into forestry. Good luck to you!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)