The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 19, 2020, 06:07:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2020, 06:07:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal gardening.  (Read 5264 times)
shadowwitch
Apprentice
Last Login:October 24, 2008, 07:26:37 am
New Zealand New Zealand

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 19, 2007, 03:49:10 am »

Using gems and crystals (and gem essences) to help plants grow doesn't seem to be as common in the magical community as i would have thought. This is something I am only just getting into, and i was interested to see if anyone had tryed this with good results? Any tips about crystals that work or other such helpful info would be much appreciated.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Renge
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 10, 2007, 09:20:56 am
Japan Japan

Religion: Pagan (Undecided)

Say whaaaat?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 19, 2007, 09:27:57 am »

While I've never tried this myself I do know that each crystal or gem or stone for the matter has it's own vibration.  I have a whole book on it that I got (don't laugh) from my dearly departed friend...AFTER he'd departed.

If you're experimenting lemme know which stones you want to use and I'll look em up and give you the low down.   Tongue  I never thought of trying it but I really should. 

Insert witty quote here.  I'll get back to you with this one...

Got a kitty sleepin on my lap and kinda distracted.
shadowwitch
Apprentice
New Zealand New Zealand

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 19, 2007, 02:37:16 pm »

Well i LOVE amethyst, so naturaly im using that first.
But the main plant im using is a mint plant and i was wondering if there were any "accossiations" mint has with a certain crystal?
Also im using a gem essence of clear quartz.
darkpouka
Apprentice
Last Login:October 16, 2010, 02:11:59 am
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic ~still searching~ pagan

rapturously pregnant

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 19, 2007, 03:52:21 pm »

My partner is always absconding with my crystals and rocks and putting them in with his plants.  I’ll check with him to see if he has noticed any associations and for which plants/stones.  Mostly he grows rare cacti, succulents, and plants from the rainforest.  (We/He currently has over 1600 cactus in his project room over-wintering.  Thankfully it will soon be warm enough to put them outside.)

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."  ~Douglas Adams
Renge
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 10, 2007, 09:20:56 am
Japan Japan

Religion: Pagan (Undecided)

Say whaaaat?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 19, 2007, 09:08:10 pm »

Here's what I got from my book.  "Love is in the Earth, a kaleidoscope of crystals, updated version"  by Melody

Boji Stones -  Good for: Growth of Plants - directions:  Place in garden, be aware stone will disintigrate over time.

Daphnite - Good for:  Transmitting feeling and thoughts to plants especially herbs, flowers and vegetation.  - Directions:  Place in garden.

Sphene - Good for:  Stimulating growth in plants - directions:  Place in a grid like fashion through the garden.

Strontianite - Good for:  Pest control - directions:  Make into an elixir to relieve infestations.

To make a crystal Elixir; Mix ground up stone with soil, water and small portion of sand with HIGH quartz content.

That's about all the book says.  however amethyst is a very strong crystal and will provide your plants with positive energy!  So, no harm there! 

Insert witty quote here.  I'll get back to you with this one...

Got a kitty sleepin on my lap and kinda distracted.
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 19, 2007, 11:32:34 pm »

But the main plant im using is a mint plant and i was wondering if there were any "accossiations" mint has with a certain crystal?
Also im using a gem essence of clear quartz.

I've heard moss agate is a good one to use with plants.  Never tried it myself, though.

darkpouka
Apprentice
Last Login:October 16, 2010, 02:11:59 am

Religion: Eclectic ~still searching~ pagan

rapturously pregnant

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 20, 2007, 12:20:54 pm »

My partner is always absconding with my crystals and rocks and putting them in with his plants.  I’ll check with him to see if he has noticed any associations and for which plants/stones.  Mostly he grows rare cacti, succulents, and plants from the rainforest.  (We/He currently has over 1600 cactus in his project room over-wintering.  Thankfully it will soon be warm enough to put them outside.)

Talked with my guy last night & mentioned this topic ~ I casually said “you do that sometimes, don’t you?”  To which he replied “only ALL the time.”

What he has found is that pretty much any stone will “work” with any plant.  He did say the more you feel connected to the stone the better it will help the plant.  The prettier the stone the more the plant likes it but that mundane looking stones if “sanctified” will work well too.

Then he started talking about how pale colored flat stones next to plants work well because they facilitate condensation under the stone adding to soil moisture.  Pale because darker stones would heat up more than many plants can tolerate.  He also mentioned how some types of cacti will actually grow on rock faces & cliffs because their roots can tolerate the heat and their pests can not.

He said amethyst and mint flowers would look nice together since mint flowers are purplish.  From the way he started talking about it he was really interested in the topic but that doesn’t surprise me.  He’s a certified nursery professional and has been studying botany/biology for the past 3 years.  He even founded an ethnobotany club back when he was in school.

~Mara

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."  ~Douglas Adams
ginnflynn
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 15, 2009, 08:54:49 pm

Religion: Generic Pagan/Panentheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 22, 2007, 05:06:36 pm »

I absolutely adore amethyst, too.  I find them very comforting, and I've used amethysts while praying (which used to be a big scary thing for me, so I definitely needed the comfort) and to help with panic attacks.  I never thought to use crystals to facillitate plant growth, though.  Do you stick them in the soil with the plant, bury them, keep them near the plants, or something else entirely?

My roommate's aunt just gave me four plants, and I'm something of a purple thumb, so I might give the crystal thing a go.

shadowwitch
Apprentice
New Zealand New Zealand

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 23, 2007, 12:24:51 am »

Well currently i have a small selcetion of crystals sitting on the soil and a scattering of small quartz in around them. I'm also watering the plant with water from a bowl in which i keep a quartz point, to sort of "charge" the water.
But feel free to play around I'v heard of many people putting the crystals right in the soil with the roots and such.

Hope this helped, but i am rather new to this two so i have very few pointer so far.
ginnflynn
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 15, 2009, 08:54:49 pm

Religion: Generic Pagan/Panentheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 23, 2007, 07:06:21 pm »

Well currently i have a small selcetion of crystals sitting on the soil and a scattering of small quartz in around them. I'm also watering the plant with water from a bowl in which i keep a quartz point, to sort of "charge" the water.
But feel free to play around I'v heard of many people putting the crystals right in the soil with the roots and such.

Hope this helped, but i am rather new to this two so i have very few pointer so far.

Very few pointers is totally more than I have on the subject, so I'll take 'em. Wink  Thanks, I'll have to do some experimenting on my end. 

magicklynxx
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 18, 2009, 12:36:06 pm

Religion: Pagan

What if?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 24, 2007, 08:48:47 am »

Grin

I use crystals in gardening.  Only two kinds: quartz crystal, and moss agate.  I place them among the plants on top of the soil and I keep a quartz crystal in my watering can. If a plant seems sick, I place a quartz crystal near it.  I also use river rocks on top of the soil.  This helps to hold moisture in the soil and discourages weeds by denying them a place to grow.  A friend of mine is a big fan of calcite, desert rose selenite, and mica in the garden.

~Lecia~

May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows. Neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark...
Max
Last Login:April 07, 2007, 09:36:29 am
Australia Australia

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: April 06, 2007, 08:31:33 pm »

I love working with crystals. They add a little sparkle to my magic, lol (no pun intended). I have one crystal in particular which I tend to bring to the circle with me every time I am spellcasting. It's a large citrine quartz.

I have a link here which you might like to check out. It's about a newly discovered cave full of gigantic crystals. The pics are amazing:

http://www.canyonsworldwide.com/crystals/index.html

I hope you will enjoy it!

Max

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)