The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 12, 2021, 10:30:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2021, 10:30:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding to Various Elements  (Read 21984 times)
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #75: April 02, 2007, 11:29:17 pm »

Thank you, Marilyn!

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Eadie
Master Member
Last Login:November 11, 2008, 04:19:38 pm

Religion: Other

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #76: April 03, 2007, 09:41:27 am »

Would you elaborate on this?  It would be enormously helpful when I do massage off-site.

pm or email me so that I have an email reminding me that I need to do this - I need to get ready for work (to, you know, pay the internet bill and all)
Eadie
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #77: April 03, 2007, 02:55:46 pm »

This is what I think, too. I agree with what you say here.
It's when people say: 'Oh Reiki is neutral and intelligent and it always stays pure and neutral you just channel it.'

I came to learn that this isn't true, channelling the energy, everybody imprints his own signature on it. So staying with the example: I had a Reiki Teacher I came along fine with, another woman I know of, literally ran away from him. She couldn't stand the traits that energy took through him. Also I know a woman who sticks in personal issues up to her chin - Reiki didn't changed her, she changed the energy in a way I wouldn't want any from her.

There is a *form* or offshoot of Reiki, called Seichim, that's channeled through the lower chakras, and is specifically a personal energy.  The lower chakras, are considered "unclean" chakras, that are dedicated to bodily things, so it bears the stamp of your personal energy.  You are putting your own energy into directing the energy you channel, rather than just letting it find it's way.

It sounds like she's moving into that sort of place.  The deliberate direction of personal energy rather than the channeling of it.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Eadie
Master Member
Last Login:November 11, 2008, 04:19:38 pm

Religion: Other

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #78: April 03, 2007, 11:39:07 pm »

Would you elaborate on this?  It would be enormously helpful when I do massage off-site.

also to Marilyn:

I pull energy into my center and make it mine.  With each breath I pull in more and grow the ball into a sphere that gets bigger with each breath.  I can stop at just me or make it as big as I want (I have nver tried bigger than a house).  As I do this I focus on what the energy is to do.  this actually sounds more time consuming and complicated than it is at this point - I just do it and it goes fast for me.  It used to take more concentration and time. 

Oh, and I feed it energy as often (daily/weekly/monthly) as I feel is needed.  When I had 2 hormonal teenagers in the house that was a lot!

Like Marilyn I make it a filter - let in what I want to and not what I don't want.

I like Marilyn's net - that sounds cool!
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #79: April 04, 2007, 03:29:27 pm »

It sounds like she's moving into that sort of place.  The deliberate direction of personal energy rather than the channeling of it.

Thats her, allright - though it was supposed to be Usui Reiki.
Meanwhile there's a ton of 'new-old-mystic' Reikiforms anyway. So for every seeker the right label I guess  Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #80: April 05, 2007, 11:16:09 pm »

Thats her, allright - though it was supposed to be Usui Reiki.
Meanwhile there's a ton of 'new-old-mystic' Reikiforms anyway. So for every seeker the right label I guess  Wink

My friends are Usui as well, they are an *interesting* couple, complete gender reversal in their relationship - something you would think would give issues since they work as a team.

Instead they posses a very neutral energy.  Nothing of their personal energy comes through.  The male in the couple was my dance partner for a couple years.  When we danced, his personal energy came through in a big way.  When receiving Reiki from them, nada. 

I actualy felt it came more through their garden - in particular a Datura plant that they both loved, and introduced me to by name.

Receiving Reiki from the two of them together, was like sitting between the polarity of two magnets, only with north and south reversed.  In retrospect, I think they must have had incredible banishing power when combining efforts.

edited to add link to their site, and the page with pics - scroll down to "If You Go Away"

http://www.desertpassion.com/Cool%20Stuff/coolstuffmain.htm
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:17:49 pm by Mandi » Logged

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Fausta
Reserve Staff
Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:December 08, 2012, 09:06:42 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Thelema / Religio Romana -ish

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #81: April 14, 2007, 05:44:07 pm »

Well, with another element it would not quite be grounding?  Huh Airing? Watering? Fireing??

I'd say the umbrella term for the technique would still be grounding (it's not called "eathing", now is it? Wink ), no matter what element you're grounding with. Smiley

Fausta Acilia Mus
Fausta
Reserve Staff
Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:December 08, 2012, 09:06:42 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Thelema / Religio Romana -ish

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #82: April 14, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »

Maybe music, because it's mathematical in its harmonics and intervals and vibration patterns, and yet emotional because that's the level on which it communicates, is air-meets-water...

Personally, I'd say music is more spirit than earth, fire, water or air. That is, all of them combined, but with an important element of Will and intellect.

Maybe that's because I make music myself and for me it's very much connected to my Will...

Fausta Acilia Mus
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #83: April 15, 2007, 09:36:13 am »

(it's not called "eathing", now is it? Wink )

Well, in german it indeed is called 'Erden'  Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 05, 2021, 06:20:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #84: April 16, 2007, 02:55:34 pm »

I'd say the umbrella term for the technique would still be grounding (it's not called "eathing", now is it? Wink ), no matter what element you're grounding with. Smiley
I've occasionally seen it as "earthing".  I don't mind that when it's referring to particular techniques that are definitely grounding-to-earth (what comes strongly to mind is one where the athame is plunged into the, er, ground), but I've never cared for it as a general term for just that reason.

'Course, as Tana notes, languages other than English may lack the magpie's nest of synonym that allow such nuances.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #85: April 16, 2007, 04:52:57 pm »

'Course, as Tana notes, languages other than English may lack the magpie's nest of synonym that allow such nuances.

Well, and that might be the reason I'd rather call it 'energy balance' if its with another element, cause 'erden' you just do with the earth *grin* but that's semantics I guess  Wink it's not that important what it's called by somebody else, if I know what is meant by it. Let alone translations - a teacher of mine used to say: language is not really translateable - you just try to find the best way to say the same thing and you hope to be sucessful with it. Grin

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 05, 2021, 06:20:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #86: April 16, 2007, 08:25:41 pm »

a teacher of mine used to say: language is not really translateable - you just try to find the best way to say the same thing and you hope to be sucessful with it. Grin
That's about it.  Sometimes, that's about it even when both people are supposedly speaking the same language.   Smiley

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)