The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 06:36:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 06:36:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New and looking for advice  (Read 3184 times)
peaceful
Last Login:November 02, 2007, 08:42:01 pm
United States United States

Religion: No religion

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 19, 2007, 10:11:40 pm »

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  Recently I lost something that meant the world to me.  This item was a tibetan crystal (wrapped in a magnet) given to me by my mother (who died two years ago).  The crystal seems to just have disappeared!  We have been searching for days and it is just gone.  I am heartbroken.

I will in the coming weeks try casting finding spells. My background has not been in this type of magic.  I have studied the tarot for years for personal guidance and growth. 

Do you all have any other suggestions for me to try and find my lost treasure?  Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you,
peaceful

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 15, 2019, 12:34:15 pm

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: October 19, 2007, 10:29:22 pm »

I will in the coming weeks try casting finding spells. My background has not been in this type of magic.  I have studied the tarot for years for personal guidance and growth. 

Welcome to The Cauldron!  Have you tried any of the Lost Item Spells in The Cauldron's Spell Grimoire. All three are easy to do have often successful, even for beginners. They don't always work as well if the item was deliberately taken/hidden.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
peaceful
Last Login:November 02, 2007, 08:42:01 pm

Religion: No religion

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 19, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »

thank you for the welcome.  I do plan to try the spells soon. 
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: October 19, 2007, 10:34:57 pm »

Do you all have any other suggestions for me to try and find my lost treasure?  Any advice is appreciated!

Welcome to The Cauldron! Have you thought about meditating on it and asking it where it is?

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Ghostwolf
Apprentice
Last Login:November 11, 2007, 09:34:52 pm

Religion: Nordic/American Indian/whatever works Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 19, 2007, 10:36:34 pm »

First off.... Welcome to The Cauldron!

As to your question... have you tried quietly asking the crystal to come home?  May sound strange to some (though less here than elsewhere), but I've sometimes had success by just sitting down, calming down, thinking about the missing item and asking for it to come back.  With me it seems the harder I look for something, the less likely I am to find it.

Hope it returns.

Hailsa!
Ghost
soulfire
Journeyman
Last Login:December 06, 2010, 02:51:14 pm

Religion: Practical Witch, Healer

Dance Anyway!

Blog entries (5)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 20, 2007, 07:09:13 pm »

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  Recently I lost something that meant the world to me. 

Hi.  I am new here, too.  I dearly hope you find your crystal.  The suggestions here all echo the thoughts I had, so I've nothing new to offer except my good thoughts for it's return. 

**Please PRAY FOR ME.  I'm in the fight of my life right now. Thank you ~SF/K
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 20, 2007, 08:19:10 pm »

Hi,
I am new to this forum.  Recently I lost something that meant the world to me.  This item was a tibetan crystal (wrapped in a magnet) given to me by my mother (who died two years ago).  The crystal seems to just have disappeared!  We have been searching for days and it is just gone.  I am heartbroken.
Thank you,
peaceful

Peaceful's treasure is missing, where can it be? May it no longer be hidded.
A treasure important to the heart, may it be found.

May I ask, why do I see black velvet (or material like)?
Perhaps a pouch you keep it in. *though sits on it seems more right*
Red string?

I do hope it turns up Peaceful.

Energy Follows Attention
Reona
Master Member
Last Login:November 06, 2008, 01:36:15 pm

Religion: eclectic Witch

My cat, Boots.

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 22, 2007, 12:16:40 pm »

I have heard that you can find misplaced objects by using a pendulum and sort of playing hot and cold with it. The more the pendulum swings the closer you are supposed to be to the objectís location. Iíve never tried it myself but the principle seems sound.

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #8: October 22, 2007, 06:40:01 pm »

My advice would be to use the tool you know.  I'm not really in the habit of handing out spells or spreads willy-nilly, but you asked, so:

My personal tarot finding spell

First, choose a card in one of your decks that can represent the lost item.  For a crystal, maybe the Sun or the Moon?  or if you have a deck which features crystals, one of those.

Hold the card while thinking of your crystal.  Try to imprint its image on the card, creating a connection between the card and the object it represents (btw, it is very difficult to 'undo' this, so that card will foreverafter make you think of your crystal - it shouldn't hurt your readings)

Put the card back into the deck and shuffle with the question 'where is my crystal?' or 'what happened to my crystal' in your mind.  If you use written significators, write the question down and read as you shuffle.  Actually, use whatever method works for you, since you are accustomed to reading.

I use 13s for personal readings, but you can use whatever number you find significant.  When the deck is shuffled, start turning cards over.  When you reach 13, if your 'crystal card' has not turned up set those aside and start again.

When your card does show up, finish the 13 and set the rest of the deck aside.  At this point you can use the entire 13 or you can reshuffle and lay out until you have a more manageable number. (or just start out with 5 or 7 to a stack if that is easier)

Interpret the cards in your final stack strictly in regards to your missing crystal - suit, pip, court card - they will be clues for what is around your crystal, who might have some information (they saw it in the laundry hamper or the junk drawer but never thought to mention it, etc.) or even how long it intends to stay missing.

I once did this for something and was told unmistakeably that it had been stolen.  Some might consider what I did to be unethical, but I found it and stole it back. Smiley  Other times I have been directed to look outside, or near water (hubby's watch was behind the toilet for some reason) or to 'ask my mother'.

Results vary.  Your mileage may too.

Absent
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:41:36 pm by Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED), Reason: typos, typos, everywhere » Logged

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Go
Journeyman
Last Login:May 30, 2011, 10:32:23 pm

Religion: A Process

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: November 04, 2007, 03:43:31 pm »

Hi,

Thank you,
peaceful

This may seem like a strange idea as it is not likely part of your current belief system, but you might try praying to Saint Anthony.  Many people have asked him to find many things over the years, so he has lots of experience. 

Another suggestion I have is asking your house spirits.  I don't know if you have any, but if you do ask them to find the object.  Offer a shot or a bit of cake if they help you.  DO NOT give them what was offered unless the object turns up. 

Measure twice, cut once, and buy extra material anyway.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)