The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 18, 2022, 02:50:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2022, 02:50:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Copper and Selenite  (Read 4473 times)
Neriandal Freit
Master Member
Last Login:May 22, 2011, 10:34:22 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Dancing under the moonlit stars

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 20, 2007, 03:24:45 pm »

Does copper affect the power of Selenite?

I know it's a simple question, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the ability of Selenite before continuing my project for the day.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: October 21, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »

I know it's a simple question, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the ability of Selenite before continuing my project for the day.

Selenite is a strong cleanser.  I don't think copper would effect it.  If anything, I think the reverse might be true.  Selenite could draw negativity out of the copper.

I have no idea what your project is, but that's my experience and understanding of selenite.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Neriandal Freit
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 21, 2007, 08:22:18 pm »

Selenite is a strong cleanser.  I don't think copper would effect it.  If anything, I think the reverse might be true.  Selenite could draw negativity out of the copper.

I have no idea what your project is, but that's my experience and understanding of selenite.

It's actually for a staff I have crafted. It has copper colored (not actual Sad) wire holding the selenite in place. My thought was to have some copper pieces I have (from this bead class i went to) behind it.

I have the selenite in place at the moment (hanging from the top) behind held by brown leather strip. So you think it would be ok then?
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: October 21, 2007, 08:26:42 pm »

It's actually for a staff I have crafted. It has copper colored (not actual Sad) wire holding the selenite in place. My thought was to have some copper pieces I have (from this bead class i went to) behind it.

I have the selenite in place at the moment (hanging from the top) behind held by brown leather strip. So you think it would be ok then?

Yes, I do.  Selenite it an excellent cleanser, and also acts to help you connect with highter beings.  If anything, it seems to me tha the copper would help to "conduct" that energy.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 21, 2007, 08:28:18 pm »

I was about to say that copper conducts energy and Moon Ivy beat me to it.  Smiley  I second that being a good combination.

Neriandal Freit
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 21, 2007, 09:53:48 pm »

I was about to say that copper conducts energy and Moon Ivy beat me to it.  Smiley  I second that being a good combination.

Excellent. I will have to see if I can fiddle with the staff a bit more since I basically have it done to attach the copper behind the Selenite.

Many thanks Cheesy
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: October 21, 2007, 11:21:50 pm »

Excellent. I will have to see if I can fiddle with the staff a bit more since I basically have it done to attach the copper behind the Selenite.

Many thanks Cheesy

What are you trying to achieve?

There are many stones that might help you.  Selenite is amazing, but there are others, too.

Neriandal Freit
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 21, 2007, 11:57:33 pm »

What are you trying to achieve?

There are many stones that might help you.  Selenite is amazing, but there are others, too.

To be honest, I don't know what I am trying to achieve. I've been working on this for many moons and it's finally found a reason to be finalized.

It has three different types of clear quartz crystals (each which I forget, due to...) that I purchased at PSG back in June. They are currently being held by clear epoxy.

It has leather wrapped around the center, and leather string wrapped around  at top. The leather wrapping in center has three chunks of amber within it. The leather string holds the copper colored wire held Selenite in place on top.

It is also adorned with a color combination of glass beads known as "Mahogany" (oranges, bronzes, cream whites, etc.etc.) which I purchased six packs of and spent 10 hours total beading several strands to wrap around it. 

The bottom is sealed with polyurethane about four inches up.

The Staff has a story by it self with out the above. I appearntly placed my initials on it while it was growing seven years  ago at my old house (prior to my family kicking me out in April of this year) on a Pine tree. A girl broke it off with her head (yes, no joke), it stayed outside for a winter and didn't rot and came into my room to which it stayed and moved with me. Came with me to PSG and then I rediscovered those initials on the bottom before leaving for PSG.

I got a thousand compliments on it being plain, and many suggestions on how to protect it. 

That's it story. To what it is to achieve? I'm clueless but have went with my gut on it all this time.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: October 22, 2007, 12:11:02 am »

To be honest, I don't know what I am trying to achieve.

What with the quartz, selenite, amber, and copper, it sounds like the purpose is to transform negative energy into positive energy and then project it.

You might consider amethyst (that's for negative --> positive energy) and orange calcite and/or sunstone for postive energy.  I'm not sure about projecting.  I seem to do that naturally, and I don't have a specific stone that helps me -- although my red jasper, which has been highly charged, does seem to do the trick.

You also might want to think about someting to ground with.  Working with all that energy will be tricky and could get out of hand.  Good grounding and proctective stones are:  blue chalcedony, back tourmaline, hematite (but make sure it's natural -- most of the stuff out there is manmade), pyrite, and kyanite.  Selenite can also be use for grounding, depending on what you're doing.  Steatite (aka soapstone, aka Apache Tear when combined with pyrite) is also and excellent grounding stone.

Just my $.02.  YMMV, of course.

Neriandal Freit
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 22, 2007, 08:21:10 am »

What with the quartz, selenite, amber, and copper, it sounds like the purpose is to transform negative energy into positive energy and then project it.

You might consider amethyst (that's for negative --> positive energy) and orange calcite and/or sunstone for postive energy.  I'm not sure about projecting.  I seem to do that naturally, and I don't have a specific stone that helps me -- although my red jasper, which has been highly charged, does seem to do the trick.

You also might want to think about someting to ground with.  Working with all that energy will be tricky and could get out of hand.  Good grounding and proctective stones are:  blue chalcedony, back tourmaline, hematite (but make sure it's natural -- most of the stuff out there is manmade), pyrite, and kyanite.  Selenite can also be use for grounding, depending on what you're doing.  Steatite (aka soapstone, aka Apache Tear when combined with pyrite) is also and excellent grounding stone.

Just my $.02.  YMMV, of course.

The ones in bold I actually purchased all in the same day. The Calcite I intend to make a very basic necklace off of for the temporary purpose of the 'costume' (which has been my 'excuse' to finish this staff) for the weekend ahead. The amethyst I considered but I continued to lean towards all these sun colors for some reason and it just didn't fit in right. Kyanite, again, but also rather a flakey stone it seems so I wanted to be careful and gave it to a friend who is having it made into a real necklace.

The Tear I held a few times while at this shop going "hmm.", cause it's not very attractive stone but I just kept going "hmm." over it.

Aiyaya...
Garnet
Adept Member

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 22, 2007, 08:57:24 am »

I'm not sure about projecting.  I seem to do that naturally, and I don't have a specific stone that helps me -- although my red jasper, which has been highly charged, does seem to do the trick.

I've used quartz and aragonite for that purpose.  Both amplify energy too.

Garnet
Adept Member

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 22, 2007, 08:59:59 am »

Steatite (aka soapstone, aka Apache Tear when combined with pyrite) is also and excellent grounding stone.

I forgot to put this in my previous post - I thought Apache Tear was a kind of obsidian.  Hmmm.  Steatite and pyrite sound neat together.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: October 22, 2007, 09:32:03 am »

I forgot to put this in my previous post - I thought Apache Tear was a kind of obsidian.  Hmmm.  Steatite and pyrite sound neat together.

You're right.  Apache tear is a kind of obsidian.

What I MEANT to type was Apache Gold, like this:  http://www.metaphysicalrealm1.com/apache1.html

Sorry -- I was typing faster than I was thinking.   Embarrassed

Neriandal Freit
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 22, 2007, 09:44:48 pm »

What I MEANT to type was Apache Gold, like this:  http://www.metaphysicalrealm1.com/apache1.html

What an excellent stone, I will have to check into this here soon...
Garnet
Adept Member

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 22, 2007, 11:08:36 pm »

No worries.  Smiley  That's a seriously neat stone, and one I hadn't heard of before.  Thanks!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)