The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 27, 2021, 07:33:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 07:33:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon/Dinosaur Dream  (Read 5071 times)
SapphireMoon
Senior Newbie
Last Login:November 10, 2007, 07:59:51 pm
United States United States

Religion: Dianic Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 29, 2007, 07:59:42 pm »

MM,
Still getting use to the board so don't know if this is the right place to post this, if not thank you if you move it.

I have for the ppast few months been having dreams 3 or 4 times a month of Dragons/Dinasaurs attacking me. There different dreams but I keep dreaming them over & over.

At first I was scared in the dreams but now its not being scared its more like protecting & defending myself.

I know this is not much info but if someone could help me out with Dragons/Dinasaurs, much appreciate it. I'm not good on figuring out dreams & I cant figure out why they keep attacking me. Its like I'm in a war.

SapphireMoon
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:43:04 pm by Star, Reason: Fixing typo in thread title » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aetius
Master Member
Last Login:August 09, 2009, 09:41:56 pm

Religion: Hellenismos

Hellenic Polytheist Revivalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 29, 2007, 09:05:37 pm »

MM,
Still getting use to the board so don't know if this is the right place to post this, if not thank you if you move it.

I have for the ppast few months been having dreams 3 or 4 times a month of Dragons/Dinasaurs attacking me. There different dreams but I keep dreaming them over & over.

At first I was scared in the dreams but now its not being scared its more like protecting & defending myself.

I know this is not much info but if someone could help me out with Dragons/Dinasaurs, much appreciate it. I'm not good on figuring out dreams & I cant figure out why they keep attacking me. Its like I'm in a war.

SapphireMoon

I wish I could help, but the key must be the dinosaur symbolism...and I don't know enough about you to understand what they mean.

Too bad the Gods can't save me from my own stupidity.
SapphireMoon
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 29, 2007, 09:08:26 pm »

I wish I could help, but the key must be the dinosaur symbolism...and I don't know enough about you to understand what they mean.

MM,
What about me would you need to know?

SapphireMoon
Aetius
Master Member
Last Login:August 09, 2009, 09:41:56 pm

Religion: Hellenismos

Hellenic Polytheist Revivalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 29, 2007, 09:10:38 pm »

MM,
What about me would you need to know?

SapphireMoon

What do you think the dinosaurs or dragons mean? I'm sure that little nugget of info is hidden in your subconscious somewhere.

Too bad the Gods can't save me from my own stupidity.
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 29, 2007, 10:07:33 pm »

MM,

SapphireMoon

I agree that as I know nothing about your internal mythology, and you say you don't know how to interpret it yourself, it is hard to k now what to say....scratching head...here is a good dream interpretation site www.dreammoods.com and you could also try encyclopdia mythica or wiki and look up those creatures.
hth

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: October 30, 2007, 05:08:49 am »

From studies I've seen, dreams appear to basicaly be a form of de-fragging.  Basically it's what happens when your brain is moving information from short term memory to long-term memory.  As such, you can probably find something in your recent life that is causing this dream to re-occur.

Unfortunately, dreams aren't my speciality, so I can't say more than that.  I'm actually starting to wonder if there's anything in the literature on causes of reoccurrence in dreams.  My personal bet is that since the dream felt so potent to you, it's sticking in your mind, and therefore it keeps getting processed when you go to sleep.  But I've got no scientific evidence to back up that theory. Smiley

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 30, 2007, 08:14:09 am »

MM,

I will go with a straight dream reading here (that is nothing magical or supernatural)

First you need to look back to when these dreams first started happening. What was going on then and is still going on now? The large animals probably symbolize something pretty big in your life (or something taking up a lot of your time) that is overwelling you right now. Something that you are having to deal with on a daily basis, even though you are probably doing well handling it, it is still stressful to you. Any changes in your life about the times the dreams started? Anyone really getting to you?

Dreams help us to sort things out in our life. A good trick is to ask yourself right upon waking what the dream meant, and the answer may come to you.
RebDog
Journeyman
Last Login:December 10, 2007, 12:02:44 pm

Religion: Northern Tradition/claimed by Odin

Knowest thou how to ask? offer? send? sacrifice?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 30, 2007, 11:25:24 am »

I'm actually starting to wonder if there's anything in the literature on causes of reoccurrence in dreams. 
I've been trying to find evidence of that and so far have not come up with anything.
I'd be very interested if someone does find it recorded somewhere, especially if it's non- JCI related.

Strong is the beam that raised must be
To give an entrance to all;
Give it a ring, or grim will be
The wish it would work on thee.
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: October 30, 2007, 11:29:32 am »

I've been trying to find evidence of that and so far have not come up with anything.
I'd be very interested if someone does find it recorded somewhere, especially if it's non- JCI related.

Umm...I should specify.  I'm talking scientific literature.  Nothing involving 'and a dog in your dream means a friend is in trouble' etc.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 30, 2007, 11:58:57 am »

Umm...I should specify.  I'm talking scientific literature.  Nothing involving 'and a dog in your dream means a friend is in trouble' etc.

Righty-o on that.   Because a dog can mean different things to different people at different times. To analyze a dream a person needs to look at what is going on in there life and above all be honest with themselves about who or what a symbol in a dream means. Just because you might not want that big dark monster to represent your mother, doesn't mean it isnt.  Smiley
SapphireMoon
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 30, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »

MM,
Thank you, rose for the site it helped me figure out what DRagons/Dinasauras mean to me & what is going on.

here is a good dream interpretation site www.dreammoods.com hth

Nilelily:
I will go with a straight dream reading here (that is nothing magical or supernatural)

First you need to look back to when these dreams first started happening. What was going on then and is still going on now? The large animals probably symbolize something pretty big in your life (or something taking up a lot of your time) that is overwelling you right now. Something that you are having to deal with on a daily basis, even though you are probably doing well handling it, it is still stressful to you. Any changes in your life about the times the dreams started? Anyone really getting to you?

Dreams help us to sort things out in our life. A good trick is to ask yourself right upon waking what the dream meant, and the answer may come to you

Not sure how to double qoute different post in same post.  (Fixed.--Star)

Nile lily, there have many many changes in my life in the past year so what you said with the dream link that rose gave me helped me put it together. There are certain things going on in my life right now that need to be changed. I just have to figure out how to change these things while keeping my backbone. I dont like conflict & there has been a lota conflict lately in my life. The Dragons/Dinasaurs represent my immediate family.

Thank you all who have replied. Each post had bits of info that I could use to figure things out. I'm one of those people that sometime things have to be right in front of me before I see it. lol

Thanks everyone.

SapphireMoon
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:42:14 pm by Star, Reason: Fixing quote code. No other changes made. » Logged
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 30, 2007, 12:06:57 pm »

Nilelily:
[qoute] I will go with a straight dream reading here (that is nothing magical or supernatural)
Nile lily, there have many many changes in my life in the past year so what you said with the dream link that rose gave me helped me put it together. There are certain things going on in my life right now that need to be changed. I just have to figure out how to change these things while keeping my backbone. I dont like conflict & there has been a lota conflict lately in my life. The Dragons/Dinasaurs represent my immediate family.

Thank you all who have replied. Each post had bits of info that I could use to figure things out. I'm one of those people that sometime things have to be right in front of me before I see it. lol

Thanks everyone.

SapphireMoon

Glad I could help.  Smiley

Blessings along your path.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #12: October 30, 2007, 12:40:37 pm »

Not sure how to double qoute different post in same post.

It's really best just to reply to each post separately.  That makes things easier to follow as well as keeping you from having to quote multiple posts in one reply (which can get tricky if the post you're replying to isn't in the last 5 posts or so in the thread).

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 30, 2007, 07:17:07 pm »

MM,
Thank you, rose for the site it helped me figure out what DRagons/Dinasauras mean to me & what is going on.

You bet Smiley

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 30, 2007, 08:26:36 pm »

I have for the ppast few months been having dreams 3 or 4 times a month of Dragons/Dinasaurs attacking me.

Please tell me what happens, moment by moment, when a Dragon attacks.

WH

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)