The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 30, 2020, 02:55:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2020, 02:55:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Yay, it's spring!!!  (Read 6328 times)
Rivenstar
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 11, 2007, 03:31:07 am
United States United States

Religion: Druidic, Satanism

PEACE AND SECURITY

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 20, 2007, 12:58:48 am »

Finaly, spring has sprung! So, do you have any plans?  Me I have the next 3 days off from work and am planning a (short) hike for me and my oldest daughter, so I realy hope it warms up!

Who but we could find such life and magic hidden within the very words our parents found so grave, so tragic? - PAX ROMAS

Oppertunity makes the thief - OLD ROMAN SAYING

He can do this, his way. Tipper Gore

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 20, 2007, 08:56:18 am »

Finaly, spring has sprung! So, do you have any plans?  Me I have the next 3 days off from work and am planning a (short) hike for me and my oldest daughter, so I realy hope it warms up!

According to my calendar, Spring "actually" springs tonight at 8:07pm EDT (7:07pm my time). Of course, I live in Central Texas so it's been spring-like weather-wise for some time.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: March 20, 2007, 08:57:32 am »

well, I shoveled last nights snow from the walkway this morning  Grin

For spring preparation I'm starting my tomato and pepper plants indoors from seed later this week. Other than that I'm just waiting for warm weather.

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 20, 2007, 08:57:54 am »

My plans involve a rake, garbage sacks and a lot of work to begin getting the garden set for the season.  Last weekend involved a rake, a box of matches and a lot of watching to make sure the fire stayed where I wanted it.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 20, 2007, 03:18:34 pm »

According to my calendar, Spring "actually" springs tonight at 8:07pm EDT (7:07pm my time). Of course, I live in Central Texas so it's been spring-like weather-wise for some time.

I hear that!  I came back here to Philly after being home in San Antonio for spring break (where it was 80 degrees nearly all week), and  there's all this snow on the ground!

However, it's about 50 degress here now, and if I look carefully, a tree outside my window has wee tiny buds on it. Wink

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 20, 2007, 11:18:30 pm »

Spring sneaked in here sometime last week; the air changed.  It's been just as cold (10-20F nights, days 10-15F warmer), with snow and sleet, but the air smelled different, the frigid wind no longer cuts at my face, it caresses as it slips past, chill but welcome.

The widowed tiercel peregrine who nests on the building two blocks from my office has been posing on the outermost perch for two weeks, hoping to attract a homeless lady down.

The redtails and sharpshins and Coopers are all out, soaring and swooping.

The chickadees and cardinals in my yard are singing; the woodpeckers are drumming.

Finally, today, two definitive signs:  a woolly bear caterpillar marching across my driveway when I got home this afternoon, and the kettle of turkey vultures overhead.

Spring is here.

--------------
Blesséd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
MelanieS
Journeyman
Last Login:November 18, 2009, 08:17:30 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 21, 2007, 02:48:03 am »

Is it really spring? In the last 2 years I've lived in Seattle, Arkansas, and now Denver. I know the calendar says it's spring, but I've been here a month so I have no idea. The final strip of snow melted from my backyard a week ago. Even though it has seemed more than warm enough to melt it for several weeks. I guess that could mean it's spring.

I have no idea what will bloom in my yard if anything. I've got some mysterious shrubs next to my front door that I've also spotted in several of my neighbors yards. At least I think they are shrubs. They are the size and  proportion of shrubs, but they are mostly a heap of twigs.

It's warm enough to run barefoot to the mailbox so I can't complain. But I think my plans for spring are going to include figuring out what the signs of spring are around here, waiting to see what those shrubs/heap of twigs turn into and taking my one year old outside to most likely put things in her mouth.

Melanie
Renge
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 10, 2007, 09:20:56 am
Japan Japan

Religion: Pagan (Undecided)

Say whaaaat?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 21, 2007, 11:01:32 am »

According to the zodiacs, at the same time that the spring equinox "springs" so to speak, my zodiac (aries) will enter the sun sign.  Anyone know what that means...I mean I didn`t glow or anything like I was expecting to...

Didn`t poof into a pile of dust or fly...

But, I did make a fantastic discovery in my strawberry patch!!  I have strawberries!!  Well two but  ZOMG I`ve got strawberries!  ....and ONE bee.

And I`m almost positive that it`s the same bee.  It likes my plants.  I don`t like it`s buzzing noise but it`s darn cute.

Insert witty quote here.  I'll get back to you with this one...

Got a kitty sleepin on my lap and kinda distracted.
Lunaheart
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 06, 2011, 02:00:41 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 22, 2007, 02:09:14 pm »

Yea, even though it was only like 40 here yesterday, today feels like spring and to celebrate, I an fixing to pick up my reel mower I ordered and go out mow. Good exercise and not harmful to the environment! Yay!
ginnflynn
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 15, 2009, 08:54:49 pm

Religion: Generic Pagan/Panentheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 22, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »

We had our first thunderstorm of the season last night at around one am, which was an exciting way to usher in spring!  Lots of lightening and continuous rumbling thunder like I've never heard--my roommate and I actually wondered out loud if there were bombs going off, although there's no way in hell anyone would bomb this small ass town, lol. 

It was perfect timing, though, we were going to make sacred space that night, so we just opened up all the doors and windows and let the wind do its work. 

I'm going to try to go to an Ostara celebration tonight, and my mom and her boyfriend are having a fire out at their house; not Equinox-related, but it should still be fun.  Especially since my sis is bringing her month-old daughter, hee hee.  I never get sick of snuggling with that kid, even though I see her every day. Being an auntie is so fun!

Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 22, 2007, 03:57:38 pm »

well, I shoveled last nights snow from the walkway this morning  Grin

I hear yah! It's raining rather than snowing here now, but we had flakes last night and there's still mounds of white stuff on the lawn. But this afternoon the air smelt warm and woody and rotting even though it was still cold and there are little green things poking their heads up. So I'm hoping!
MelanieS
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 22, 2007, 07:08:29 pm »

I an fixing to pick up my reel mower I ordered and go out mow. Good exercise and not harmful to the environment! Yay!

I have to ask - what is a reel mower? I'm sure this is something I'm going to feel stupid when I find out, but I have no idea.

Melanie
Lunaheart
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 22, 2007, 08:41:55 pm »

That's okay, they are probably also called other things. But basically they are mowers without a motor. This is the one I purchased http://tinyurl.com/2o43el plus it was on sale!

I have to ask - what is a reel mower? I'm sure this is something I'm going to feel stupid when I find out, but I have no idea.

Melanie
MelanieS
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 22, 2007, 11:00:15 pm »

That's okay, they are probably also called other things. But basically they are mowers without a motor. This is the one I purchased http://tinyurl.com/2o43el plus it was on sale!

Okay - I do feel dumb. I used to have something like that but I referred to it in an unkind way. They are much better for the environment though. I will rationalize my owning a gas powered mower by promising that it rarely gets used. All my previous neighbors will back me up on this.

Melanie
Lunaheart
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: March 23, 2007, 11:11:20 am »

lol-your whole post just cracked me up!

Okay - I do feel dumb. I used to have something like that but I referred to it in an unkind way. They are much better for the environment though. I will rationalize my owning a gas powered mower by promising that it rarely gets used. All my previous neighbors will back me up on this.

Melanie

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)