The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 23, 2020, 02:49:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2020, 02:49:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Samhain Resolutions?  (Read 3272 times)
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 31, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »

I know we have quite a few celebrating Samhain, so I figured I'd through this out there. Do you have any plans/goals/dreams for the "New Year"?

Don't Celebrate Samhain Myself
                                                                                                                        AIONIA

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 31, 2007, 07:19:29 pm »

I know we have quite a few celebrating Samhain, so I figured I'd through this out there. Do you have any plans/goals/dreams for the "New Year"?

I have a short-term one, which involves more .. consistent, shall we say, formal daily devotional work between now and November 24th. (Why then? My 3rd degree is scheduled then.) I have some specific things I want to do daily, and some weekly things, as well.

I'm a little hesitant right now of making longer-term plans, because a whole bunch of things are up in the air. Right now, I'm focused on continuing organisation and refinement that lets me spend more time on the stuff I really want to do, and less time on the things I'm less interested in. There's all sorts of ways this year might end up, so I'm keeping options open.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 31, 2007, 09:14:22 pm »

Yes! I have several:
1. Try my damndest in school!
2. Begin a sort of grimoire again.
3. Meditate and practice some energy work several times a week.
3 1/2. Going along with the above, attempt to cultivate some sort of regular practice or devotion....
4. Continue to study what catches my fancy spiritually and put work into my current relationship to keep it running as strongly as it has for the past two years!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Mari
Adept Member
Last Login:October 10, 2010, 03:39:46 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 31, 2007, 10:11:08 pm »

My new year isn't until Yule, so not yet. And it's not so much resolutions that we do (I can't stand the things, myself) as it is looking back over the past year to see what we need to give thanks for and what we need to improve upon in the upcoming year.
Violet
Journeyman
Last Login:December 07, 2009, 12:44:07 am
Australia Australia

Religion: ...Who Knows

If you wait, I'll give all my aches to you...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 01, 2007, 08:37:28 am »

1. Try my damndest in school!

Ha! I used to make that one all the time, and it never lasted long Tongue

I suppose mine would be:
1. keep reading any pagan-related stuff i can get my hands on
2. better inform myself about the upcoming aus election
3. .....try harder at uni Roll Eyes

Let us go then, you and I
When the evening is spread out against the sky,
Like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot
southerngoddes
Journeyman
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 09:08:41 am
Argentina Argentina

Religion: none

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 01, 2007, 09:18:56 am »

Ha! I used to make that one all the time, and it never lasted long Tongue

I suppose mine would be:
1. keep reading any pagan-related stuff i can get my hands on
2. better inform myself about the upcoming aus election
3. .....try harder at uni Roll Eyes

Yes!!! yesterday I started a new job!!!! I am so happy!!! the job by itself is not big deal but its a complete new adventure for me after have been out or work for a while!! its a complete new start and I am adding new goals to reach Cheesy
heron
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 15, 2007, 01:37:16 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 01, 2007, 09:20:43 am »

AIONIA

Although I celebrate the new year on Dec. 31-Jan. 1, I also celebrate Samhain as a time to honor the dead and to bury things that are "dead" in my life -- dead weight, dead relationships, dead projects that I need to just let go of. So, you might say I had a resolution this year.

In a past relationship, I found that I was ALWAYS sick. The whole relationship was highly toxic, and yet I suppose it was one of those experiences I had to have. Anyway, in an effort to maintain my health and still remain in the relationship, I once bought a few stones that represented the things I needed to improve my health, and I put them in a little silk bag that I hung from my rear view mirror (since I tended to spend a lot of time in the car back then).

I've been out of that relationship for years now, but a few months ago, I realized I still had that little bag, and I felt it was time to get rid of it, to fully release myself from all the sickness (physical, mental and emotional) that I endured during that relationship. So, for Samhain this year, I burned that little bag and buried it, and I have resolved to honor my health, my body and mind. I have not been sick lately, but I do feel better just knowing the bag and everything it represents is gone gone gone. :-D
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 01, 2007, 11:20:10 pm »

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting into better shape, eating better, exercising more often, sleeping right -- you know the shtick. We were going to do a little ceremony with fire, banishing the bad and welcoming the new, but ended up going to bed because he twisted his ankle last night. Maybe we'll do a ceremony tomorrow on Dias de los Muertos, or on the Samhain crossquarter day.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #8: November 03, 2007, 10:24:10 am »

Well, I don't celebrate Samhain; I celebrate Walburgsnacht. So, on October 31st, I started studying the runes. I had started several times before, I hope I can keep my plans to learn them this time.

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: November 04, 2007, 08:16:52 pm »

I usually do New Year's goals on the secular New Year, but this year I think I may work on between-sabbat goals.  Between Samhain and Yule I'm going to be learning more about divination, specifically tarot and runes.

Libris
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 08:21:17 pm

Religion: ADF Style Druidry/Kitchen Witchery

Flowing Like Water

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: November 06, 2007, 09:48:00 am »

Lets see....

Next year I'd like to:
Finish Renovating our old Farmhouse
Complete the ADF Dedicant Program
Get the Prairie Reconstruction going in our side yard
Get a milk goat (probably won't happen...)
Work more on writing than I did this year (in my ample free time of course)
Publish-Publish-Publish
Read the rest of Gould's essay anthologies (I have about four books left)
Put a wood burning stove in the dining room
Meet other pagans in my area (hmmmm, living in the very rural bible belt of Indiana, not likely  Roll Eyes )
Clear out the overgrown savanna around our house enough so that all the oaks don't die of Oak wilt  Cry

And finally, celebrate all the seasons with my family.

Libris

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom." ~Theodore Rubin

ADF Dedicant Journal
Browse My Library
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: November 06, 2007, 11:00:47 am »

AIONIA

For me I'm going to spend this year on several more 'mundane' things. lol
  1) Getting my finances back on track
  2) Getting my house cleared/cleaned out. I'm such a packrat, I'm afraid if I don't do something about it soon I may be one of those people you see on tv with just a trail through their home!   Embarrassed 
  3) Take better care of my health - including eating better and getting more excercise
  4) Working on my ADF dedicate program.

It looks very mandune, but in truth, the first 3 items I need to get in order so I can work on my spirituality.  My reasoning is this. 

If I'm worrying about money all the time, how can I relax enough to study, meditate, etc.  I believe a house reflects alot on the person.  If it's filthy and choatic, then that's a good chance that inside they are a total mess too. JMHO.  I'm not talking Martha Stewart clean, that worries me too, but tidy, clean, doesn't have to be spotless.  Hope that makes sense.  And the last one ties into being more connected with your body, this helps to be more connect with the deities (maybe, lol) but diffenantly more connected with the energies around you.

It all ties into itself, one big circle.  Smiley  And that's my plans for the upcoming year!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)