The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 08:16:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 08:16:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking with the Dead?  (Read 6764 times)
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: November 09, 2007, 10:38:08 pm »

For me it's dreams, and your phone reference reminded me of this.

I have recurring dreams that I am in my grandmothers house...

I'm not sure how you feel about this dream, but it struck me as quite beautiful.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: November 09, 2007, 10:45:47 pm »

I don't think your nuts.  I have experiences like this quite often.  I haven't yet been contacted by my grandmother.  She passed away so recently that I still have the wilted flowers sitting in my house.  I can't bring myself to get rid of them.  It's funny how our grandma's mean so much to us.  I was somehow living with the strange illusion she would live as long as I would.

I had that same illusion; I think it's because they're part of our world from the very beginning, so it's hard to imagine the world without them. And maybe, since they live on in our memories, our lost loved ones really do live as long as we do.

There have been so many wonderful replies in this thread, folks sharing insights and personal experiences that were very meaningful to me, for which I'm grateful to you all.

Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: November 10, 2007, 01:03:53 am »

And wouldn't you know, after posting here, I had a big damn experience?  Cheesy

There were a few nights this week when I just couldn't get to sleep for various reasons. The night after I posted here, it got so bad that I started having a full-on panic attack thinking about how lost I was feeling, how far behind I was etc. Finally, I moved upstairs to where my big grandfather clock and my grandmother's pictures were and tried to calm myself there. At my lowest point, I remember screaming in my head "Grandma! Help get me some peace, please!"

Seems like she heard me because a few minutes later, I was out like a light. And, even better, I found the strength to confront what was messing me up and got it taken care of. So really, I should thank you, Altair, for bringing this up and giving me a new source of strength.
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #18: November 10, 2007, 08:45:19 am »

I'm not sure how you feel about this dream, but it struck me as quite beautiful.

So long as I don't ask too many questions - like how is this possible, because it starts the house falling apart even faster then it is wonderful, but sometimes it has the feel of this eggshell in time, I am impacted in my ability to enjoy it on the level that I  through the dream find myself anticipating the end, and afterwards am sort of melancholy because she was *there* really there, but is gone again, and I'm supposed to believe she will be back, on whatever schedule it is that she is on.

But at the same time, it is a nice place to be able to go back to.  I just have to learn not to be so scared of the rest.

When I was little I used to think her house was full of secret passages because it was huge, and had so many walk in closets and added wings.  It was like swiss cheese.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)