The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 05, 2020, 09:49:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 09:49:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Post Your Spring Training/Fitness Goal Here!  (Read 15235 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: April 01, 2007, 11:09:43 pm »

It's April 1: Check-in time!

The healthy eating plan is going really well.  My daughter and I have cut out refined sugar and junk food and almost all white flour.  I've lost 5 pounds.  I think it's getting easier, too.

The exercising...well, not so much yet, thanks to the migraines.  But I'll keep trying on that.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: April 02, 2007, 08:04:44 am »

It's April 1: Check-in time!

I've been very lax about hitting the gym this week- for which I offer up life going bonkers last weekend as my reason.  However, I'm stopping at the gym today after dropping the Gen-Gen at school.

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: May 01, 2007, 09:43:21 pm »

we can check in periodically, like the beginning of each month.

Happy May Day, for those who celebrate it!

I've been swamped as usual this time of year, principally because I choose to spend several hours before work each morning scouring NY's Central Park for the latest migratory songbirds to blow into town. The unfortunate side effect is that the gym and running fall by the wayside for me for a few weeks.

But still, I've managed to at least hold the line on the waistline. I'm pretty much on the last notch on my belt, so I'm a hair closer to my 30-in. waist goal than the last time we checked in. I'm worried I'm dropping too much muscle mass in the weight-loss process, though, so I'm going to have to get back to the gym...as soon as the birds let me...

Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #18: May 02, 2007, 07:42:53 pm »

I had to do my workout much later than usual because I slept late and then had to do chores. Got it in though.  Been keeping my waist in check and I've lost a bit more of the extra belly.  I'm getting bored with just the push-ups and resistance bands though, so I think this Friday I'll go downtown and register at the gym there. Easy enough to get to, and I'll register for one month, as after May, I can go to the university and use the gym there for free.  My best friend works at the uni, so we'll probably meet up after her shift ends and work out together. 

I'm having a hard time getting myself back onto the two-pronged approach to my running.  Fartlek is so much fun, I hate to stop.  Although I suppose I'll have to at some point.  I'll also have to change the days I run, as now I'll be working two days a week 9-5, and usually on days that I run. 

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: May 02, 2007, 11:31:06 pm »

::snorts::

Well, this month's check-in day finds me full of irony.  I've been whining in other threads about the depression I'm going through, but over here in this thread I can gleefully report that, since I haven't felt like eating for a few couple of weeks, I've lost a nice bit of weight.

Grin

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: May 03, 2007, 06:56:26 am »

Im a dismal failure. oops

Fell over and haven't done anything worth calling exercise in the last few weeks. between scrappy timetables and other busyness I've not had the energy.

Zahirah
Journeyman
Last Login:November 20, 2012, 03:47:07 pm

Religion: Discordian Kemetic Orthodox
TCN ID: zahirah

Famous Last Words: What Duck?

Blog entries (0)

DixieJo719

Ignore
« Reply #21: May 03, 2007, 08:30:42 am »

I haven't been able to really get back into the swing of things, after having been ill.  And then there's the time issues, I haven't been able to justify using up an entire evening just for a workout, when I've got so much other stuff on my plate that needs taken care of NOW.  As in upcoming deadlines "now".

I did hit the fitness center a couple times, though.  But - like I said, deadlines - I wont be able to go again until the week of the 14th. 

However, doesn't mean I've been slacking!  I've been doing a lot of walking, and will be doing more.  Took a day off to go to University Park, and we spent the entire day walking around.  Plus this coming weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, will be full walking-days (a museum tour Saturday, Faery Festival Sunday).  I've been using my cute little 5 pound freeweights at home while watching TV in the evening when I'm down for the day.  And a price increase in the vending machines here at work has me packing my own snacks and drinking more water, instead of chips and an afternoon emergency-ration soda.

The weights are really helping, I noticed in the mirror this morning.  I dont want to say this too loudly, but ... I think I saw a little bit of tone in there.  Shhh, dont tell anyone, I dont want to jinx it!

"If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done."
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian philosopher (1889 - 1951)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #22: May 03, 2007, 09:43:48 am »

O.K., who else is in?

I've NEVER been an exerciser, onsie twosies bore me stupid.  I've always been involved in dance and gymnastics, up until this last year - when I 'retired' from professional dance.

At the pinnacle of my dance career I was teaching three classes a week, performing at least twice and training 3-7 hours a day time allowing.  A lot of physical activity. 

Now wipe that entire slate clear, and you have what I've been doing for this last year.  Nada.  zip, zilch, zero.

It's not so much that I've gained weight (well yeah, I have... but my mommy says I carry it well... :sniff:  ) but I've lost tone.  Things JIGGLE.

Yesterday, for the first time in a year, I did my dance workout.  Started with the onesie twosies, danced for an hour and finished with stretches.  Well whadayaknow.  It felt good.  I'm going to try to do it again today.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #23: May 03, 2007, 09:52:12 am »

mrrrr.  maybe if I post this I'll be more accountable.

Due to a number of life stresses and getting sick, I got REALLY bad about exercising.  and boy oh boy do I need that muscle tone!

So I'm going to try, regardless of how much swuggy runs me around, to do my pilates three times a week.  cardio I'm good on .. chase the baby. Cheesy  but I need muscle tone.

Pilates ROCK.  So much more efficient than conventional onsie twosies.    The single leg circles, front/back and 'swimming'  kick my butt.  The hundred is currently more like the *fifteen* right now.   Sad

-LIz Pahir
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: May 03, 2007, 09:53:20 am »

Pilates ROCK.  So much more efficient than conventional onsie twosies.    The single leg circles, front/back and 'swimming'  kick my butt.  The hundred is currently more like the *fifteen* right now.   Sad

They are efficient.  I've been managing to do them again .. sorta.

More like twice a week, though.  :S

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Beachglass
Master Member
Last Login:August 22, 2013, 12:19:05 am

Religion: Nonspecific Pagan-Leaning

Blog entries (10)

Ignore
« Reply #25: May 03, 2007, 10:03:48 am »

Not much to report over here.  I'm keeping up with the exercise reasonably well, and I've lost a kilo or two, so I think I'm on track.  Now that I'm mostly set in my routine, I did feel like I should add on a bit, so I'm currently working on perfecting a 100-calorie brownie recipe.  Cheesy

"the further we go and older we grow the more we know the less we show"
Elisabette
Master Member
Last Login:December 11, 2010, 06:22:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Animist pagan
TCN ID: Elisabette

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: May 06, 2007, 12:55:10 am »

Checking in.

I'm doing fairly well with my multivitamins, and while my abs are still my weakest muscle group, they're better than they were a month ago, mostly from work.

The pilates ball is quietly deflating in a corner of the living room, though. I need to memorize the exercises so I don't have to refer to the stupid DVD every time. (All right, so far I've only used it twice.  Embarrassed)

Betty  Smiley
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #27: May 10, 2007, 07:49:43 am »

Checking in.

I'm doing fairly well with my multivitamins, and while my abs are still my weakest muscle group, they're better than they were a month ago, mostly from work.

The pilates ball is quietly deflating in a corner of the living room, though. I need to memorize the exercises so I don't have to refer to the stupid DVD every time. (All right, so far I've only used it twice.  Embarrassed)

Betty  Smiley

The salvation for your abs is deflating!  *hearts* the pilates ball.  Sit on it, like you were sitting on the edge of the chair, and do crunches, making the ball the pivot point for your hips.  Rather than moving your shoulders up towards your hips, use the ball to roll your hips back down under your shoulders.

You'll have abs of steel in a week!

You could do a similar motion on any chair that doesn't have a back.  The ball just makes it easier to engage your hips and lower abs.

-LIz Pahir
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #28: May 10, 2007, 07:51:14 am »

I've been working out for a little over a week, daily.  Results are no where in sight, and I've really got to do something about the eating thing.  I'm good till about 9:30 at night and then my resolve goes out the window.

-LIz Pahir
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: May 27, 2007, 11:17:10 am »

I've been working out for a little over a week, daily.  Results are no where in sight, and I've really got to do something about the eating thing.  I'm good till about 9:30 at night and then my resolve goes out the window.

O.K., Mandi, if you can make it to 9:30 PM, you're essentially there, assuming you go to bed around midnight or so. I'm officially imparting extra willpower to you *every other day* to tide you over that extra little bit of time until you go to bed. In other words, on Monday, you resist the post-9:30 eating urge and go to bed without munching. on Tuesday, if you simply can't resist, go ahead and munch. But on Wednesday, you'll have that willpower to resist again, retiring for the night without munching. And so on.

This way, you can just tell yourself, "If I hang on tonight without munching, I get to munch tomorrow night." It might help get you through, yes?

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)