The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 05, 2020, 10:40:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 10:40:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Post Your Spring Training/Fitness Goal Here!  (Read 15237 times)
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: June 20, 2007, 08:19:13 pm »

We could make the summer solstice (June 21) our target date for achieving the goal...just in time for swimsuit season here in the Northern Hemisphere...

Alright everybody, I'm posting a day early since I'll be busy outdoors celebrating the solstice tomorrow, but basically it's time: How did you do?

For myself, I missed my perhaps overly ambitious target (restoring the 30-inch waist of 25 years ago)...and I don't care! I'm delighted with the progress I made (back down to 32 inches from 34), and I learned a lot about what works and what to watch out for along the way. (If anyone wants details, I'm happy to share.) The waist shrinkage plateaued at 32 inches over a month ago, and I've had a hard time budging it since. So I'll see what new tricks I can try over the summer.

THANK YOU everybody, because this spring challenge of ours really and truly helped me focus on the goal and keep working towards it. When the ice cream or whatever tempted me, I was better able to resist; and on the few occasions I succumbed, I always made sure to get in some extra aerobics the next day, because in the back of my head was the fact that I was accountable to you guys and what I'd posted in this thread.

My new goal is more modest: to edge myself down to a 31-inch waist and hold it there for the duration of summer, i.e., at least by the fall equinox. (Sept. 22...or is it 23 this year?) Setting an achievable goal is key.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #46: June 20, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »

Alright everybody, I'm posting a day early since I'll be busy outdoors celebrating the solstice tomorrow, but basically it's time: How did you do?

Well, my weight's gone up, but I don't care.  I feel healthier, I'm able to chase Darius, and I finally found new pants that fit me, so who cares what it says on the label? Cheesy

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Beachglass
Master Member
Last Login:August 22, 2013, 12:19:05 am

Religion: Nonspecific Pagan-Leaning

Blog entries (10)

Ignore
« Reply #47: June 20, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »

I already posted this earlier in the thread, but I did reach my goal of 60kg.  I'm looking forward to my giant shopping spree upon getting back to the States!

I'm still using the food diary, but now trying to keep track of nutrition... yesterday was the first day so far that I managed to eat all of my calcium from food instead of taking a supplement, so I was proud of that. Smiley

I think the bigger problem will be keeping up with the exercise as it gets hotter and without the motivating factor of the diet.  It's 27C here and getting hotter by the day; not very inspiring.  Roll Eyes

"the further we go and older we grow the more we know the less we show"
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: June 20, 2007, 09:52:02 pm »

I think the bigger problem will be keeping up with the exercise as it gets hotter and without the motivating factor of the diet.  It's 27C here and getting hotter by the day; not very inspiring.  Roll Eyes

I'm getting up early to work out every morning.  Not that it's overly hot in my neck of the woods, but we do get a sultry day now and then.  Fortunately Buffy's there to keep me company (thanks FX for airing the whole series over and over and over)...

Brina
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #49: June 20, 2007, 10:27:05 pm »

For myself, I missed my perhaps overly ambitious target (restoring the 30-inch waist of 25 years ago)...and I don't care! I'm delighted with the progress I made (back down to 32 inches from 34), and I learned a lot about what works and what to watch out for along the way. (If anyone wants details, I'm happy to share.) The waist shrinkage plateaued at 32 inches over a month ago, and I've had a hard time budging it since. So I'll see what new tricks I can try over the summer.

Congratulations! Going from a 34 to a 32 inch waist is a darn good achievement. I lost a couple of inches from my waistline a few years back and have felt a lot better for it. I haven't managed to lose much more, but I haven't gained it back either. That's a good thing.

Congrats again!

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #50: June 21, 2007, 06:45:25 am »

(thanks FX for airing the whole series over and over and over)...

Razor was doing that here, and I had some mindless and boring things scheduled for that time every day.  Unfortunately they finished the last season this week and opted not to start up again, so I'm having to face the boredom.  I wish they'd start up Angel or Firefly in the time slot.  Happy Tree Friends is just so not the same!

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #51: June 25, 2007, 03:33:40 pm »

Late on this, whoopsie.

I feel a lot better than i have in a while.  I've definitely lost some weight, although I still need to whittle down my tummy a bit.  3.5 to 4 min straight of running before a 45-sec sprint during fartlek.  And I can do that at least 3 times, 4 on a good day.  Ever since I traded one day of running for a day on the stationary bike, I don't feel as worn out.  I'd say it's even helped make my runs better and more enjoyable.

I'm back up to where I was before I left college, in regards to the pull-ups and such.  Actually i end up going a bit beyond, which is ever better.  At this rate, I'll be more than ready for my brother's wedding and  I'm pretty much set for swimsuit season. Wheeeeeeeee!

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)