The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 13, 2019, 08:59:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2019, 08:59:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spells on New Moon?  (Read 2948 times)
Silberschein
Apprentice
Last Login:December 26, 2007, 12:03:05 pm
Switzerland Switzerland

Religion: Solitary

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 08, 2007, 02:57:13 am »

Undecided
Hi Everybody,

Upcoming Saturday is New Moon. Until now, I did no magical work a few days before and after New Moon because I assumed, that the energy is too low to give the right thrill to my spell. I used this period planning my magical movements for next month. Now, I read, that New Moon energy can be used for Esbats.

Do you have experiences with spells on New Moon? Good ones - bad ones? Please, share your experiences.

Thanks
Silberschein

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Syrbal
Master Member
Last Login:September 08, 2008, 04:18:48 pm
United States United States

This is my happy face!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 08, 2007, 03:29:29 am »

Undecided
Hi Everybody,

Upcoming Saturday is New Moon. Until now, I did no magical work a few days before and after New Moon because I assumed, that the energy is too low to give the right thrill to my spell. I used this period planning my magical movements for next month. Now, I read, that New Moon energy can be used for Esbats.

Do you have experiences with spells on New Moon? Good ones - bad ones? Please, share your experiences.

Thanks
Silberschein

I do more work at New Moon than at Full.  I find the Full Moon energy too hectic.  New Moon is perfect for working....peaceful and DARK, and since the "energy" as one could put it is just starting...it can GROW to full; the best time to start "process" workings.  Also, the dark of moon right before New Moon is good for 'getting rid of things' workings....banishings and other more baneful but occasionally necessary tasks.  I also gift Hekate at New Moon...with incense and sometimes wine or other edibles or drinkables.

Syrbal the Gone

"The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell" (Scorpions)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #2: November 08, 2007, 03:58:42 am »

I'm not really living by the moon (neither magical nor mundane), but I'm with Syrbal. I like the Dark Moon time.
I've never had the feeling that it's 'bad' to do magic then, or that the magic turns in its opposite.
But then I'm also a Hekate 'fan', so it might be a connection there Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:Today at 02:46:57 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 08, 2007, 07:38:14 am »

My training (and experience) is that it's possible to do magical workings at any time of the moon - but that you may adjust what you're doing to best fit the phase, or otherwise adjust your working for it.

So, for example, you might work on banishing poverty rather than increasing abundance on a waning moon. And to help, you might use a spell form that involves removal (candle magic, say) rather than, say, building or creating something.

However, if you find yourself in a situation where you really need to do something that's the opposite direction, then you can work around that - just adjust what you can, and recognise that you're going to need to put more energy into it from other sources to get the same overall result. But I believe that the bulk of the energy comes from you anyway - things like moon phase, or astrological factors or type of magic provide *encouragement*, and make it easier to go a certain direction - but they're not prohibitive.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 08, 2007, 02:32:50 pm »

I do more work at New Moon than at Full.  I find the Full Moon energy too hectic.  New Moon is perfect for working....peaceful and DARK, and since the "energy" as one could put it is just starting...it can GROW to full; the best time to start "process" workings.  Also, the dark of moon right before New Moon is good for 'getting rid of things' workings....banishings and other more baneful but occasionally necessary tasks.  I also gift Hekate at New Moon...with incense and sometimes wine or other edibles or drinkables.

I don't do a lot of spellwork at all, but I MUCH prefer dark moon to full. Full moon energy is nothing compared to dark, IME.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 08, 2007, 10:34:55 pm »

Like others here , I love the dark moon, on both sides. I like the first day of the dark moon for ending things completely, cutting cords and so on,  and the third day for planting seeds, starting things, affirming intentions. I am doing a money drawing spell tomorrow morning, with new moon energy.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Silberschein
Apprentice
Last Login:December 26, 2007, 12:03:05 pm
Switzerland Switzerland

Religion: Solitary

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 09, 2007, 12:48:56 pm »

Thanks to everybody for their inputs. Very helpful -

Wish you a successful New Moon.
Silberschein

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)