The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 27, 2020, 01:31:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2020, 01:31:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Have You Gotten Done?  (Read 3305 times)
Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 23, 2007, 01:16:22 am »

Mandi's thread got me thinking. Maybe we all need a little space to pat ourselves on the back.

I've gotten over my fear of fundies. I actually had a very peaceful and mutually understanding conversation with someone who thinks Jesus in the only possible truth this afternoon.

I finally got my hands on my own copy of The Book of the Coming Forth by Day. And it's written in frilly poetic language that I never thought I'd be able to get into. Hurray for expanding horizons!

I made myself stop researching this year and start feeling. Now, when I look up at the sky and the full moon, I think "Hey, those are my gods. Right there. Neat." Smiley

I stopped pressing my mom to have that "speshul tawk on reelijunz" that I thought I needed. Tongue One less headache in our family right now.

So, what has everyone else accomplished this year?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aetius
Master Member
Last Login:August 09, 2009, 09:41:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hellenismos

Hellenic Polytheist Revivalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 23, 2007, 06:32:06 am »

Mandi's thread got me thinking. Maybe we all need a little space to pat ourselves on the back.

* snip *

I set up my new altar, and was pleased with it.

Too bad the Gods can't save me from my own stupidity.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 23, 2007, 09:18:18 am »

I was just thinking that very thing!  Smiley

When I moved, I set up a permanent place in the house for an altar, which was a first for me.  I've managed to maintain it all year, keeping it updated for the changes in season and various devotional needs. 

I've been working to do more prayer work over the last few months, incorporating it into my daily routine.  Creating a small, informal ritual for my daily prayers has helped immensely.

Lastly, I've started blogging and journaling about spirituality on a more regular basis.  In all, not a bad year for getting things done.

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 24, 2007, 05:24:40 am »

Well, since posting in the other thread I've been better about my divination stuff. Doing daily spreads/oracles. For three days at least. Smiley

And I went to Witchcamp this year, which was awesome and big.

Did some trance work...organized my portable altar.

Not much. But some stuff. Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
juniperrr
Master Member
Last Login:December 01, 2008, 03:35:10 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 29, 2007, 12:21:58 pm »

What a nice idea for a thread. People so often worry about what's not being done, it was a pleasure to think for a moment about what has been done.

This year I put up the permanent Elemental Altars, been meaning to do that forever. I also have an excellent beginning on re-doing my BOS, have all the ritual stuff transfered over with new images, gilding the edges of the parchment with gold leaf, and most importantly it's in a beautiful leather book with a three ring binder thingy so I can easily add/update. I have most of the spells (including two new ones I wrote this year) in now, but very few of the holiday rituals. It's a fun project and I can see the end in sight. I have already used it in ritual and the size, type, everything felt great.
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 29, 2007, 01:25:52 pm »

I signed up for the Kemetic Orthodoxy Class, and I finally moved my altar from its not-so-good place to a two-level table in a spot in the living room (it fits better there). 
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 29, 2007, 03:36:34 pm »

I made myself stop researching this year and start feeling. Now, when I look up at the sky and the full moon, I think "Hey, those are my gods. Right there. Neat." Smiley

Good for you, that really made me  Smiley

Well, I moved out of my mother's house and that inspired me to finally start to celebrating the holidays that I want to celebrate. Now she seems to have finally gotten into her head that I will not be celebrating the 25th of Decemeber this year.

I had a long and hard think about what it is that I really believe: basically reaffirming everything I already knew deep down, but it made me feel a lot better about things.

I started up writing in my spiritual diary/BOS/pagan lore book again.

I made my first big root vegetable stew for Samhain!

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Figment99
Master Member
Last Login:September 30, 2011, 05:02:26 pm

Religion: Pagan with Green and Kitchen Witch leanings

I'm trying to bloom

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 01, 2007, 07:03:31 pm »

This is a nice thread...

See, this year a started doing daily morning prayer/devotionals and I have kept that up for a good while now.

For Samhain I cooked a large dinner and my husband's Catholic family came over and joined in on the fun...which is really good for me, I am somewhat uncomfortable about having some many Xtains around me at one time Smiley ... I'm a little over opinionated.

I had my son a little over a year ago now and since the beginning of the year have worked out and gotten back into shape...I gained 60 lbs durning my pregnancy...  Grin

True Greatness Shows Great Kindness

A Pagan Egroup -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheInnerSanctuary/ <-Feel free to join
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: December 01, 2007, 11:16:04 pm »

Hm... I've started studying ogam, which has proven itself to be pretty fruitful.

But most importantly, I've made it through one year of my self-made ritual calendar, with good results. Revisions of course are in order, but now I've got a much better grip on what needs to be done.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Allstar
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 19, 2009, 03:05:02 pm

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 15, 2008, 11:01:24 pm »

I'm a little late jumping into this thread, but...

Formed a small coven with some friends in Oct.  We have been working through some set topics we decided on as a group. 

I organized my BoS - that was a big thing.  Smiley

Set up a permanent altar in my bedroom, and a mini altar on the window sill above my kitchen sink. 

AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 25, 2008, 11:33:19 am »

I stopped fighting with Apollo, and actually talked to him instead of just staring at him and nodding whenever he said something. (There were some major cold feet on my part of that paticular relationship.)

I graduated from high school. (Yay me.)

I passed all six of my college courses with 3A's 2B's and a 78, in a class I thought I would fail. (A lecture only, american history prof. who speaks very little, and very poor, english.)

I survived over six months without reverting back to my old bad habits. (Which included tuning out anything deity related, but I'm better now. At least a little.)

Turned eighteen. (Won $5 on a lotto ticket.)

Made my altar ultra-spiffy. (Bought some rough, black obsidian big enough to beat someone's head in.)

So not terribly much...  Roll Eyes

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.