The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 26, 2022, 06:52:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2022, 06:52:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any secret Pagans here!  (Read 17876 times)
dynamic_solstice
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 26, 2008, 02:56:57 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Eclectic Wiccan studying Druidry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 24, 2007, 09:08:44 am »

This sounds crazy but is anybody here a secret Pagan.

When I say this I mean, the parents do not know!

My parents would throw one if they only knew, but probably not half as much as the my Mums brothers family. They are strict Creationist Christians who will not wear make-up or watch Tv on Sundays. How on Earth can I ever tell them I am a Pagan?

Have any people on here come across such problems. I daren't hardly go to the Winter Solstice celebration in case anybody finds out!

Help!

Annabelle

I hug trees, they hug back, we have a strong and solid relationship!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: November 24, 2007, 11:36:46 am »

My parents would throw one if they only knew, but probably not half as much as the my Mums brothers family. They are strict Creationist Christians who will not wear make-up or watch Tv on Sundays. How on Earth can I ever tell them I am a Pagan?

Have any people on here come across such problems. I daren't hardly go to the Winter Solstice celebration in case anybody finds out!

Secret pagan, too, here! Luckily my parents aren't as Christian as yours, but since I'm supposed to be the scientific minded, logical one of the family, they'd be disappointed in me if they found out I believed in magic.

So if you think it's going to be a problem, I wouldn't go to the Winter Solstice celebration. It's probably not as important as maintaining peace and avoiding suspicion with your parents. I think you should do your own minor ritual if you want to celebrate it. That's what I do anyway.

Good luck!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
dynamic_solstice
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 24, 2007, 03:46:11 pm »

But I want to go!!!

They need not find out, anyway I will have to pluck up some courage sooner or later Smiley

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: November 24, 2007, 05:17:44 pm »

They are strict Creationist Christians who will not wear make-up or watch Tv on Sundays. How on Earth can I ever tell them I am a Pagan?

Why tell them?  Is it really any of their business what religion you are?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 24, 2007, 05:57:39 pm »

Help!

Annabelle

Are you a teen still living at home?  If so, and they would kick you out, don't tell them.  You probably don't need to go to the winter solstice celebration either.  Don't let them look at your computer.  There is a time to come out, and when you are dependent on someone, that is not the time.  Once you are an adult and on your own and they are not your support, you can take your chances with telling them, so long as you are prepared to be dumped.  THis is a time for discretion. You will probably not be living at home forever, so just hang in there.  Your uncle never needs to know.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 24, 2007, 10:58:31 pm »

But I want to go!!!

They need not find out, anyway I will have to pluck up some courage sooner or later Smiley

Hello!
I think it really depends on how old you are (I realise age is only a number- but society functions around such numbers). If you are under 16 then don't go. Have your own private celebration on the Winter Solstice. I have done just that many times before when I was about 14/15 because I couldn't go out. If you are over 16 then perhaps you should consider going.
As far as the issue of ever telling your parents your religion- wait until you leave home! I really mean that. It'll be for the best.

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: November 24, 2007, 11:06:23 pm »

But I want to go!!!

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, but you need to weigh the pros and cons. Is it more important to have fun for a couple hours or jeopardize your entire relationship with your parents? (I assume you're still living at home. Am I correct?)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
dynamic_solstice
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 25, 2007, 05:29:11 am »

Yes I am still living at home! I like living at home, I love my parents, plus it is cheap!!!

Luckily both my parents are computer illiterate so no chances of finding anything out here. I kind of told my Mum the whole story yesterday at midnight! She thinks I am the disgrace of the family, although this is mainly because she hates magic, and I am a magician!!!!!

Problem comes if my Mums family find out, then I may be stuck in deep water! Embarrassed

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #8: November 25, 2007, 09:46:57 am »

dynamic_solstice,

Please remember to quote the post you are replying to, even when it is the post just above or the first post in the thread.  Not everyone reads the threads at the same intervals and we use the linkbacks provided by the quote code a lot.

The software is set up to make this as easy as possible, and it is one of the rules you agreed to when you joined.  This is just an unofficial reminder, not a warning.

Marilyn
Message Board Staff

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Letheus
Journeyman
Last Login:May 10, 2011, 10:16:36 am

Religion: Seeker while leaning more towards Wicca:)

He did WHAT with the Sage?0.o

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: November 26, 2007, 08:39:34 am »

Help!

Annabelle

Hey YES i am a secret pagan...I remember bringing a Pentacle necklace home beforei even thought of becoming a pagan because I thought it looked coola dn the first thing my das said was is that some kind of devil worship sign...I am required to go to church if I waant to live here....I have no where else to go so I comply BUT I hang in the lobby as its a huge church and talk to other teens  Wink

Basically Im not sure what would happen if it came out that I was pagan.....I currently study underneath a pagan High Priest....I just started studying paganism but weve only started in psyche awareness and this is so tedious...haha im getting off topic i am sorry.....anna i suggest that u keep to urself until u can "come out"....I am 17 so as soon as August rolls around I am out of here and i will then tell my parents=]

As long as you do what feels right, you can do no wrong.

Do what thou wilt but harm none!
dynamic_solstice
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: November 26, 2007, 12:51:19 pm »

Hey YES i am a secret pagan...I remember bringing a Pentacle necklace home beforei even thought of becoming a pagan because I thought it looked coola dn the first thing my das said was is that some kind of devil worship sign...I am required to go to church if I waant to live here....I have no where else to go so I comply BUT I hang in the lobby as its a huge church and talk to other teens  Wink

Basically Im not sure what would happen if it came out that I was pagan.....I currently study underneath a pagan High Priest....I just started studying paganism but weve only started in psyche awareness and this is so tedious...haha im getting off topic i am sorry.....anna i suggest that u keep to urself until u can "come out"....I am 17 so as soon as August rolls around I am out of here and i will then tell my parents=]

I have managed to pluck up the courage and tell my Mum thats I am a Pagan. She is not too fussed really. But I do have to get it into her head that Paganism is not focused JUST on sex. She really does think Solstice and Eqinox celebrations are just large "quote taboo" gang bangs!

Aneira
Last Login:September 02, 2008, 04:06:59 am

Religion: Exploring Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: November 29, 2007, 02:42:21 am »

Haha... yeah, I'd have to say I'm "in the broom closet" lol.  If my mom found my stash of Wicca books she'd probably disown me in a heartbeat Cheesy actually, and quite ironically, she's suspicious that I'm not as Christian as she'd like to think I am... but she thinks I'm Buddhist lol.  But, hey, she can believe what she wants (and sadly me being Buddhist would be more acceptable than me being Pagan/Wiccan in my family lol). 

But I'll be able to move out in a couple of years, so my current "broom closet" state won't be forever (I'm living at home right now so I can just commute to college.  Hey, it's cheaper than living on campus.)

Bright Blessings - a wiccan blog by two teens

Whoever said "Ignorance is bliss" was lying.
Violet
Journeyman
Last Login:December 07, 2009, 12:44:07 am
Australia Australia

Religion: ...Who Knows

If you wait, I'll give all my aches to you...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: December 21, 2007, 03:53:46 am »

Hey YES i am a secret pagan......I currently study underneath a pagan High Priest....

How do you manage to keep your studying paganism secret from your parent when you attend these lessons? (meant as a friendly question  Smiley)

Let us go then, you and I
When the evening is spread out against the sky,
Like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot
Letheus
Journeyman
Last Login:May 10, 2011, 10:16:36 am

Religion: Seeker while leaning more towards Wicca:)

He did WHAT with the Sage?0.o

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: December 23, 2007, 03:01:19 pm »

How do you manage to keep your studying paganism secret from your parent when you attend these lessons? (meant as a friendly question  Smiley)

Hehe Im currently taking a GED course[General Education Diploma], so I tell my parents that I am studying with a tutor. They think that my teacher is a 19 year old female whom is helping me get ready for the test. I feel bad lying but Id be kicked on my butt without a thought if they were tofind out my true religion.=/

As long as you do what feels right, you can do no wrong.

Do what thou wilt but harm none!
ILuvEire
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 18, 2008, 04:15:58 am
France France

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: December 25, 2007, 09:51:04 pm »

I must say, it really isn't a good idea to go behind your parents back to do any sort of paganism. Or really any religion for that matter.

Your parents will find out, and they will be even more angry because you lied to them. The Gods have been around for thousands of years, I think that if they have so much patience the you should model yourself after them and just wait. Being a teenager doesn't last forever it just feels like it does.

Are your parents opposed to you studying? Will they really throw a fit if you start looking into other religions, and start looking at ancient Gods?

Hey, and I'm really opposed to people going out and reading one website then saying that they are pagans and start trying to celebrate. After they pledge themselves...they realize that uh-oh this religion is not for them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:42:17 am by Star, Reason: Correcting BBcode typo » Logged

-TYLER-
ITTR contact me for free Tarot readings.
Psionic Visionaries a site devoted to teaching psi.
I'm not going to do anything to you but if I were you, I'd be happy that I am not an artichoke-Endorra.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)