The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 27, 2021, 10:00:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 10:00:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any secret Pagans here!  (Read 16794 times)
Letheus
Journeyman
Last Login:May 10, 2011, 10:16:36 am
United States United States

Religion: Seeker while leaning more towards Wicca:)

He did WHAT with the Sage?0.o

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: December 31, 2007, 04:21:29 pm »

I must say, it really isn't a good idea to go behind your parents back to do any sort of paganism. Or really any religion for that matter.

Your parents will find out, and they will be even more angry because you lied to them. The Gods have been around for thousands of years, I think that if they have so much patience the you should model yourself after them and just wait. Being a teenager doesn't last forever it just feels like it does.

Are your parents opposed to you studying? Will they really throw a fit if you start looking into other religions, and start looking at ancient Gods?

Hey, and I'm really opposed to people going out and reading one website then saying that they are pagans and start trying to celebrate. After they pledge themselves...they realize that uh-oh this religion is not for them.

eh excuse me but ive never been insulted on here till now....I HAVE read the books...i HAVE studied the religion....I HAVE asked the questions....if you bothered to read at all you would noticed ive posted several topics asking for opinions and answers to questions i didnt know the answers to....is that not what a forum is for? questions and answers...im not the most knowledgeable person but i do know what i am doing...as do most everybody that posts on this forum....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 04:43:36 pm by Star, Reason: Fixing quote code » Logged

As long as you do what feels right, you can do no wrong.

Do what thou wilt but harm none!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: December 31, 2007, 05:07:04 pm »

is that not what a forum is for? questions and answers...im not the most knowledgeable person but i do know what i am doing...as do most everybody that posts on this forum....

As the parent of someone your age, I have to say I'd be pretty pissed if I found out my kid were studying a fertility/mystery religion (I assume you're studying Wicca) with an adult I didn't know.  I don't think sneaking around behind your parents' backs and lying are mature behaviors.  To my mind, it says a lot about the woman who's teaching you and her ethics.

Brina
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #17: December 31, 2007, 05:16:58 pm »

As the parent of someone your age, I have to say I'd be pretty pissed if I found out my kid were studying a fertility/mystery religion (I assume you're studying Wicca) with an adult I didn't know.  I don't think sneaking around behind your parents' backs and lying are mature behaviors.  To my mind, it says a lot about the woman who's teaching you and her ethics.

Agreed, but I think what Letheus was reacting to wasn't as much the "sneaking around behind the parents' back" part as it was this:

Hey, and I'm really opposed to people going out and reading one website then saying that they are pagans and start trying to celebrate. After they pledge themselves...they realize that uh-oh this religion is not for them.

Which, I have to admit, seems pretty out of the blue to me given that Letheus has been pretty explicit that he isn't just reading one website and claiming to be a pagan (hence the decieving the parents part), so I'm not quite sure where it came from either.  But I haven't been following this conversation that closely, so I may be forgetting or overlooking something.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
ILuvEire
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 18, 2008, 04:15:58 am
France France

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: January 03, 2008, 04:30:02 am »

eh excuse me but ive never been insulted on here till now....I HAVE read the books...i HAVE studied the religion....I HAVE asked the questions....if you bothered to read at all you would noticed ive posted several topics asking for opinions and answers to questions i didnt know the answers to....is that not what a forum is for? questions and answers...im not the most knowledgeable person but i do know what i am doing...as do most everybody that posts on this forum....

I posted that end part about the topic in general. I wasn't necessarily talking to you, more like to anyone who did do that.

-TYLER-
ITTR contact me for free Tarot readings.
Psionic Visionaries a site devoted to teaching psi.
I'm not going to do anything to you but if I were you, I'd be happy that I am not an artichoke-Endorra.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #19: January 03, 2008, 05:26:48 am »

I posted that end part about the topic in general. I wasn't necessarily talking to you, more like to anyone who did do that.

In the future if you move from a specific reply to a more general reply in the same post, you might want to consider setting off the general reply somehow, perhaps by beginning it with something like "GENERAL REPLY:" or "TO ALL:".  Otherwise it looks like you're still replying specifically to the poster you've been replying specifically to, and as you can see that gets confusing.  Smiley

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Hannibal
Journeyman
Last Login:March 02, 2010, 01:58:41 pm

Religion: Kemetic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: January 12, 2008, 02:02:22 am »

This sounds crazy but is anybody here a secret Pagan.

When I say this I mean, the parents do not know!

My parents would throw one if they only knew, but probably not half as much as the my Mums brothers family. They are strict Creationist Christians who will not wear make-up or watch Tv on Sundays. How on Earth can I ever tell them I am a Pagan?

Have any people on here come across such problems. I daren't hardly go to the Winter Solstice celebration in case anybody finds out!

Help!

Annabelle

I live with my grandparents and they do not know so yeah I guess I am a secret pagan. For me its not so much as they would burn me at the stake if they found out its more towards I don't know how my family would react and for once i'm not willing to gamble on events in my life. Cool But if you want to do something then I suggest you consider all possible outcomes first, but after that go ahead with your choice and don't let anything short of the gods/goddesses stop you.

-Hannibal

"Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas."-Emiliano Zapata Salazar. Translation-It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
 ego mos reperio a via vel ego mos planto unus Translation-I will find a way or I will make one
http://dragcave.net/user/Hannibal
kiwusek
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 21, 2010, 03:27:12 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Slavic Paganism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: January 16, 2008, 10:15:45 pm »

I live with my grandparents and they do not know so yeah I guess I am a secret pagan. For me its not so much as they would burn me at the stake if they found out its more towards I don't know how my family would react and for once i'm not willing to gamble on events in my life. Cool But if you want to do something then I suggest you consider all possible outcomes first, but after that go ahead with your choice and don't let anything short of the gods/goddesses stop you.

-Hannibal

I am a secret pagan. Though I do not admit it to anyone. I have hardly told anyone. Except for one girl in my class who is sort of her own beliefs type person with nature. Mostly people just don't grasp it and further with that disastrous explanation that I was an atheist to my parents I'd rather wait out two years than have to go through that again. People don't understand or they don't want to understand me. So you see it's more of are most of the people around you interested in learning what they don't know or not. I had to argue for the longest time that me choosing to be atheist was not a decision to rebel and had to show my thought process. To which they always retorted that I was too young to choose! Age is not a limiting factor in choices! But telling or not is more based on the situation. Is it really that painful to wait out the three or four years? Plus telling them I was an atheist has got me off of going to church. (me and the church have a long history and really its best that we are separated).
brooke
Last Login:February 28, 2008, 09:32:28 pm

Religion: ehh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 20, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »

Secret pagan, too, here! Luckily my parents aren't as Christian as yours, but since I'm supposed to be the scientific minded, logical one of the family, they'd be disappointed in me if they found out I believed in magic.

My mom always tells me how weird it is that her logical daughter got into magic. My parents and my brother know, they don't care what I believe in as long as it makes me happy. I wasn't ever raised "Christian" we just celebrated Christmas and my parents went to church growing up.

All of my teachers at school, and some of the kids also know. My school is considered a hippie school so it's not a big deal.
kiwusek
Senior Newbie
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 21, 2008, 04:21:45 pm »

All of my teachers at school, and some of the kids also know. My school is considered a hippie school so it's not a big deal.

Oh that's nice. At my school I usually have people that are creeped out by paganism. I see no real reason for this except that they have bought into the misconceptions that are perpetuated by (I have no real idea by what but I am thinking popular media?)... Well I had to explain to one person that thought that pagans persecuted and killed Christians that it was the other way around (we of course were talking about Christian expansion into the north of Europe and not the Roman Empire ordeal). Sometimes you feel alienated when people think you are some sort of evil human sacrificing devil worshiper from Hell. Why do they think of us as some weirdos? I don't know, but it is what happens at my school except with a few people that are hoping to meet other open minded people.

The girl I was referring too earlier thought it was cool that I did not think of her belief in energy (it completely surrounds us according to her) as some cheesy movie ripoff and actually took her seriously. It was nice having someone from my school that did not think pagans were some weird creeps!
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: January 21, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »

Sometimes you feel alienated when people think you are some sort of evil human sacrificing devil worshiper from Hell. Why do they think of us as some weirdos?

I actually haven't run into this that much. My friend asked me if my pentacle was the sign of the devil, but that's it. What I run into is: aren't Pagans crazy, tree worshipping hippies? And don't they all drink a lot, have tons and tons of tattoos, and have no morals (about sex, especially)? Heh. lol.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
kiwusek
Senior Newbie
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: January 21, 2008, 10:34:11 pm »

I actually haven't run into this that much. My friend asked me if my pentacle was the sign of the devil, but that's it. What I run into is: aren't Pagans crazy, tree worshipping hippies? And don't they all drink a lot, have tons and tons of tattoos, and have no morals (about sex, especially)? Heh. lol.

Oh. Well I guess it really depends on the people that live around you. Lol I get the whole no morals about sex too! Some think we have some sex rituals...
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #26: January 21, 2008, 11:46:54 pm »

Oh. Well I guess it really depends on the people that live around you. Lol I get the whole no morals about sex too! Some think we have some sex rituals...

You'll hear of it often, maybe not yourself directly but from other peoples' stories.

Seriously, where are these wild pagan sex orgies and why can't I find them? Cheesy

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Letheus
Journeyman
Last Login:May 10, 2011, 10:16:36 am

Religion: Seeker while leaning more towards Wicca:)

He did WHAT with the Sage?0.o

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: January 22, 2008, 06:34:18 am »

Seriously, where are these wild pagan sex orgies and why can't I find them? Cheesy

HAHA i think they got the idea of sex orgies and what not from the idea that we do polarity rituals...I am not too knowledgable on the subject so I do not know for sure but hey could be it.

As long as you do what feels right, you can do no wrong.

Do what thou wilt but harm none!
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: January 22, 2008, 08:40:09 am »

no morals (about sex, especially)? Heh. lol.

Depends how you define morals. Beyond rape I don't believe there is much about sex that can be classified as moral/amoral. One makes personal decisions based upon their ideas of honor, purity, and the acceptability of sex among other things, I at least don't see any morals there. So I guess I'm one of those Pagans with no morals about sex and I ain't got much of a concept of honor or purity when it comes to sex and I think sex is pretty acceptable so heh Smiley .

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: January 22, 2008, 12:45:25 pm »

HAHA i think they got the idea of sex orgies and what not from the idea that we do polarity rituals

1) Im confident that stories of orgies pre-dates Wicca by a fair while.  In fact I suspect it might be a medievil concept.

2) I doubt 90% of people talking about Pagan orgies would know what you're talking about if you mention 'polarity rituals.'

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)