The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2021, 09:43:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2021, 09:43:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any secret Pagans here!  (Read 16601 times)
Laurus
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2009, 04:51:22 am
Finland Finland

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: September 10, 2008, 03:36:43 am »

This sounds crazy but is anybody here a secret Pagan.

I talk openly about my faith with my mom. It is not a problem ´cause my mom have always courage me to spirituality. We have much of a same talents when it comes in spirits and energies so my mom does understand. For years I did think her as very openminded christian and that´s maybe what she thinks of herself but when truly started to talk about these things first time after my childhood I noticed that our faith is very muck alike. Ofcourse my mom don´t consider herself as a pagan but christian but anyhow in m opinion we believe much alike with few variations.

I know that everybody can´t have such a nice relationship with their parents when it comes to religion and I personally don´t think that one´s faith is anyone else´s business. If you live in hard christian family I don´t think that anybode need to know ´cause it will only make things harder and living under same roof with parents that don´t approve your fate is a tricky situation.

Well, I´ve lived in my own home for many years so even if my parents would disapprove it wouldn´t matter.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

phoebegrl2003
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 23, 2008, 07:36:20 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #46: September 15, 2008, 06:29:13 am »

When I say this I mean, the parents do not know!

Hey, I just wanted to say that i personally wouldn't reccommend you carry on with your studies whilts keeping it from your parents, I did that for a while, but the guilt was too much, and I wished I'd waited, as someone said earlier, the gods were around for millions of years, they can wait a little longer, Ive not long turned 18, and now my mum is ok with things cause I'm older. I'd reccommend you waited, and stayed in your parents good books till you've moved out - you have less to lose then.  I'd still say you could pray in your head, but I wouldn't reccommend for you to have many books - or to do rituals or anything - that goes for anyone in the same situation

And the moment I Got off of it,
Was the moment I touched down.
redbaron998
Journeyman
Last Login:August 01, 2009, 12:36:11 am
United States United States

Religion: Odinist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: September 15, 2008, 01:15:55 pm »

Hey, I just wanted to say that i personally wouldn't reccommend you carry on with your studies whilts keeping it from your parents, I did that for a while, but the guilt was too much, and I wished I'd waited, as someone said earlier, the gods were around for millions of years, they can wait a little longer, Ive not long turned 18, and now my mum is ok with things cause I'm older. I'd reccommend you waited, and stayed in your parents good books till you've moved out - you have less to lose then.  I'd still say you could pray in your head, but I wouldn't reccommend for you to have many books - or to do rituals or anything - that goes for anyone in the same situation

I respect what your saying, but I have to dissagree (at least in part)

I dont think there is any reason to stop your studies on spirituality. Just because you are learning about something doesnt mean you have to practice it (For instance I often study many paths I havent and have no plan to ever follow, I have a Bible next to a Koran, next to the Vedas etc...)

I would only suggest you not to follow a path you are wanting to if you are in a DIE HARD fundie family where things could get very bad. I see no reason not to continue learning about it though, and if you parents ask why ur reading X book, just be honest, "I am curious and like to know what others believe."

To Teach is to Learn, to Learn is to Teach
Autumnleaf
Last Login:May 09, 2009, 10:48:13 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic neopagan with a bit of Wicca stirred in...

Its only as scary as you make it...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: December 16, 2008, 10:09:33 pm »

Any magick users here would probably know how hard it is to go for years without rituals or spells is torture. It's who we are. Just...shudder....READING...is not enough to make you Wiccan or Pagan. You can't put your identity on hold.

the very best kind of magick is the one inside you.
Ghost Queen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 11, 2010, 08:10:46 pm
Ecuador Ecuador

Religion: Ecclectic Polytheistic Pagan

At the Edge of Enigma, the Gatekeeper waits...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #49: December 19, 2008, 03:00:14 pm »

When I say this I mean, the parents do not know!

My parents would throw one if they only knew, but probably not half as much as the my Mums brothers family. They are strict Creationist Christians who will not wear make-up or watch Tv on Sundays. How on Earth can I ever tell them I am a Pagan?

Have any people on here come across such problems. I daren't hardly go to the Winter Solstice celebration in case anybody finds out!

Help!

Annabelle

My parents don't know. They are Christian missionaries in Ecuador. I am 26, but I am living with them at the moment due to financial and health reasons. I'll be moving out in about 3 months.

I could never tell them. They would never understand. I know they love me and care about me, but they took it hard enough when I decided I was agnostic. I have a feeling telling them I'm a Pagan would go over even worse. They weren't mean about it or anything, but I just would rather not tell them.

The main thing that bothers me is that if I tell my mom about my problems, she suggests I pray to the Christian god about it, as if that would solve everything.  And they believe it's impossible to be truly happy unless you're a Christian. I try to tell them that I am a lot happier now than when I was a Christian, but they don't believe me. (I guess it doesn't make it very easy for them to believe it when I am going through some things that aren't very pleasant right now.)

As for Winter Solstice, it might be easier to just do your own private celebration. Do you have a place where you will be private?  As long as you do, you can celebrate by yourself, even if it's just something simple like enjoying some time outside and thanking your gods and/or spirits. That's what I do right now. I can't do anything much more elaborate for fear of getting "caught." I used to go to a church yard, but then I found out it had security cameras. So I still go out there when I want to meditate or do simple rituals, but I have to be careful to have my back to the security camera, since it's the church my parents go to...

The meaning of life is to give life meaning
Go too fast, move too slow
Restore the balance between thinking and feeling
Open up and let it flow

-Ayreon 01011001

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)