The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 08, 2021, 07:06:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 08, 2021, 07:06:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Candle Colors and Meanings  (Read 14435 times)
sacredherbals
Apprentice
Last Login:January 04, 2008, 01:09:04 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: November 25, 2007, 04:06:53 pm »

Candle Colors and Meanings

Candles are the "spice" of an altar, an easy way to perform magick, and a lot of fun to have around. So what do they mean? Are there certain colors one should use? How should they be treated? These are just a few candle basics for your own use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank

Thanks for that. Good article!  Grin

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

nevar07
Permanently Banned
Apprentice
Last Login:November 28, 2007, 11:24:45 am

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: November 27, 2007, 01:39:01 am »

you sure do whine alot!..just try to listen, ok? put the bong down, and you might learn something!
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #32: November 27, 2007, 05:52:18 am »

you sure do whine alot!..just try to listen, ok? put the bong down, and you might learn something!

*** MOD HAT ON ***I'm not sure whether you intended this for a specific person, or for the thread or even the forum at large, but either way it's uncalled-for.  I'm sorry that you're frustrated that people here don't like being lectured to and expect you to discuss the things you're posting, but that's the way this forum works.  Our message board is neither a lecture hall nor your personal blog.  It's a discussion forum. If you post an essay, you need to be ready to discuss it and prepared to deal with some people disagreeing with you.

Comments about posters being whiny and implications of drug use are entirely too personal and therefore against the rules.  In the future, stick to discussing the issues at hand, not the personalities.  I know it may feel as though people have been attacking you, but they've merely been saying they don't know that your posts are really the sort of thing we do here, which is not the same as insulting you personally; and even if they had been insulting you personally, that does not give you license to do the same.

This is your first warning.

Star
Cauldron Message Board Coordinator

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: November 27, 2007, 07:17:12 am »

What makes you think we don't already know this? 

Do you have anything to offer that's new and original?  Candle magic is an utter basic that almost every Wicca 101 book has a chapter on, and there are several books focused on it.  I have to agree with the others; there's nothing in your post to dissuade me from believing you either took the information straight from one of the books or your teacher did.

--------------
Bless├ęd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #34: November 27, 2007, 07:28:39 am »

What makes you think we don't already know this? 

I actually don't see a problem with posting something that's really basic here.  This is the 101 folder; I think it's safe enough to assume that even if many of our posters might be familiar with the material, people reading this folder also might not be.  That said, I think others have pointed out the issues with posting lectures in general to this forum, and I think therein lies the problem Frank's running into.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: November 27, 2007, 07:30:46 am »

Oh my.... even a child would refuse to learn in the environment created in this thread.
The joy of learning must be intact for steady growth.
If a teacher were to speak to me in this way I would walk away and find a new one.

A good teacher is patient and addresses the students issues.
A good teacher waits for the student to ask the questions.
A good teacher does not hand the answers on a platter.
A good teacher makes you think/contemplate to find the answers, as it is well know the journey is as important as the destination. Regardless if it's the basics or of higher learning.

I have to say... your Teacher has missed many topics.
Are you sure he is a teacher or more, someone that is trying to share with you info he knows?

Nevar07, I invite you to the thread I created.

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=3714.0

Energy Follows Attention
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #36: November 27, 2007, 08:26:41 am »

HOST HAT ONYou have already been warned for your personal attack (telling someone or the board as a whole that they need to quit smoking dope and learn from your essays taken from who knows where) -- but I do not believe you ever answered my request from information on exactly where the material in your posted essays came from and that you immediately post specific permission from the copyright owners for it to appear on this forum if you did not write it yourself. 

The reason that we have no idea who you were talking to in post quoted above is you did not quote the message you were replying to and leave the autogenerated quote bbcode in (which generates a link to the message you are replying to) as REQUIRED by our rules.

This is your second warning.  To avoid being banned, you must immediately reread all the Rules and Regulations in our Rules and Regulations board AND provide all the copyright permissions needed for any essays you have posted that are not your own material (if they all all entirely your own material, you must so state). If you did not write an essay you posted and you cannot immediately provide the specific permission from the copyright (because you failed to obtain it before posting the essay) please tell me which essays have the problem and staff will remove them -- DON't remove or modify them yourself (read the rules for why). Do NOT post any other messages until you have done all of the above. 

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)