The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 04, 2020, 03:05:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 03:05:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing information and knowledge  (Read 10432 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: December 01, 2007, 08:23:44 am »

There are perfectly mundane ways of reading intent. See, I'm not an E/T/A, and while I can't sense mystic energies (boy that would be COOL though  Grin) I do have some verbal/analytical skills. Randall, for example, almost never uses exclamation marks; doesn't seem to use semi-colons, em-dashes; uses minimal smileys, and never happy happy joy joy ones; tends to use simple and compound sentences of moderate length, no long posts, no fancy vocab, no profanity, no internet-speak, few abbreviations, etc.

LOL. You've noticed more about my posts than I have. You have my current posting style pegged.

A few comments: Em-dashes aren't on the keyboard, so they don't get used. My posts used to tend toward the long (or even very long) back when we were on Delphi as I had more time to post then.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: December 03, 2007, 11:33:48 am »

I wonder about this whole 'energy signature' thing. I'm not denying it exists (I mean, we all get 'vibes' from people), but I wonder whether you're assigning too big a role to it in forum posts, and using the words Elder/Teacher/Ancient too readily.

There are perfectly mundane ways of reading intent. See, I'm not an E/T/A, and while I can't sense mystic energies (boy that would be COOL though  Grin) I do have some verbal/analytical skills. Randall, for example, almost never uses exclamation marks; doesn't seem to use semi-colons, em-dashes; uses minimal smileys, and never happy happy joy joy ones; tends to use simple and compound sentences of moderate length, no long posts, no fancy vocab, no profanity, no internet-speak, few abbreviations, etc. So his 'tone' is always very measured, emotionally neutral, authoritative, and in fact only seems to vary when he asks a question or is unsure about something.

None of that might be true of him in real life, but the point is you can read these things without recourse to 'energy signatures', so the people who do read them are not necessarily E/T/As. Maybe they do this kind of analysis subconsciously, which is why it can seem mystical, but it doesn't mean it is.

I would agree with what you have said. Though assigning to big a role in energy sig's from post was just part of it what I was talking about.

Since no-one has really tried to read the energy sig I had sugested was left when I removed .. verbal and analytical clues, it's not been proven or .. really disproved that it is possible, some can.

We all know that each of us is different. Deaf rely on their sight in order to know who it is. Blind rely on sound and touch to differ who's who. Others claim to be able to Sense others, some claim to be able to feel/know/vision another through energy sig's left behind.

I don't feel it's a stretch to suggest that there are those that can Pick-up energy/emotion/thought/images, from others words. Whether they stand before you or have voice their words through pen and paper... or typed in.

-------------

Recently, I have mentioned this post was written to a specific person. Since this person has been banned, the message goes unheard. I was originally talking to Nevar07/Frank and was going to post it in Candle Colors and Meanings. Makes me wonder why I didn't. *chuckles* perhaps I knew he would not be here soon, so I made it a general thread. Ummm. Ya kay. Cheesy

Regardless, he will not be the last to make the same mistake when Sharing information and knowledge, when taking the role of Teacher.

I've decided, in a few days I'll post my Original post with all the emotion cons and *thoughts voiced* making it clear what my intent was, how I was speaking, what emotion was behind it, and what my intent was towards him.

Though the thread didn't have the fun game aspect to it I had hoped for, I have learned from it.
I hope others have or will as well.

Energy Follows Attention
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #32: December 03, 2007, 07:34:47 pm »

I don't feel it's a stretch to suggest that there are those that can Pick-up energy/emotion/thought/images, from others words. Whether they stand before you or have voice their words through pen and paper... or typed in.

I think this ability is what makes some people more facile at internet conversation (and internet relationships, generally) than others. There are so many ways that words can be taken, and in some instances, it is easier for me to follow another's flow of energy than their flow of words Wink

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #33: December 05, 2007, 12:28:53 pm »

For fun...

I'm not even going to process this into sentences.

Glib.  Shoehorn.  Level jumping.  Randall.  Giggly. the desire to be a teacher, but perhaps without the experience. overwhelmed. unsure.  Standing behind the podium rather than speaking from it.  Seeking to gain reassurance through bringing others into your mental space rather than meeting them on theirs, or the more neutral grounds of common space.  Self important.  Looking to have your personal desires diagnosed and direction given through said diagnosis. 

I would gauge you as having 3-5, maybe 6 years of study, but more of a liberal arts degree than a specialized practitioner.  Wiccish background, perhaps an interest in Eastern Philosophies.

So there's my guess.  Have at.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Cent
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: December 05, 2007, 03:06:11 pm »

I think this ability is what makes some people more facile at internet conversation (and internet relationships, generally) than others. There are so many ways that words can be taken, and in some instances, it is easier for me to follow another's flow of energy than their flow of words Wink

Go with the flow. *sorry couldn't help it* Wink

For fun...
I'm not even going to process this into sentences.
Glib.  Shoehorn.  Level jumping.  Randall.  Giggly. the desire to be a teacher, but perhaps without the experience. overwhelmed. unsure.  Standing behind the podium rather than speaking from it.  Seeking to gain reassurance through bringing others into your mental space rather than meeting them on theirs, or the more neutral grounds of common space.  Self important.  Looking to have your personal desires diagnosed and direction given through said diagnosis. 
I would gauge you as having 3-5, maybe 6 years of study, but more of a liberal arts degree than a specialized practitioner.  Wiccish background, perhaps an interest in Eastern Philosophies.
So there's my guess.  Have at.

Good thing I was specific and only gave permission to look/read intent of my post.

The target, was the intent in the post. Not to try and analyze or read me directly.

But good try, at guessing Mandi.

Energy Follows Attention
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #35: December 05, 2007, 04:04:09 pm »

Go with the flow. *sorry couldn't help it* Wink

Good thing I was specific and only gave permission to look/read intent of my post.

The target, was the intent in the post. Not to try and analyze or read me directly.

But good try, at guessing Mandi.

right back atch'a

Cheesy

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Cent
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: December 07, 2007, 09:40:02 am »

My post could be viewed as a “Lesson”, or sharing thoughts or understandings from another’s teachings. You cannot See my body language, my facial expressions. You cannot Hear my tone or attitude in my post. If you know the person, attaching to the words is usually easy. If you do not, it can be difficult to know intent or attitude.

An opportunity perhaps… if others want to hone their skills.
Permission given to Look, attempt to look or Guess into my words in this post, and tell me what you see.

What kind of emotion or coming across, what is my nature behind words. Do I speak/direct to one, a handful, or just opening a discussion on  what’s running through my mind? Am I giving a lesson? Or do you think I’m just babbling?
Will some see it personal or in it’s whole intent?
A way to practice, or even to spark in someone the thought to even try. The idea that it is possible to follow words like a thread of energy to See more *whether in thought form, emotion or images if you RV, Think of it as a game, even a guessing game to remove the.. what if I'm wrong.

What do you pickup and take from this? Where do you think the intent is headed.

Posting my original post before I removed all the emotional cues by words and emotioncons.
Answering my own questions.
----------------------

To share the basic knowledge’s is a good thing Frank. Many will appreciate the time and effort put into a write up. Those new to their path usually hunger for info, and take up all that is available.  Smiley

But there are those that are beyond the basics and will react differently, perhaps read through your words to find errors. Depending on the person it could be in a negative (ripping through your words) or a positive (to aid you in your learning). Maybe question something they need clarity on, whether your intent or actually wording is the question.

Discussions is always an opportunity to grow/learn/ *insert many.* Some will add to your words building upon, sharing their knowings as well.

Then there are the elders, teachers and ancients *whether appointed or self appointed (or just Are)*, each will react or not react to basics being taught by a student. *though to feel no longer a student in some form causes stagnate or little growth*

Many don’t appreciate the feeling of being talked down to or be schooled in the basics like they are a newbie. *I hate that word newbie*

Some may respond in a negative way some in a positive way. Some will find it takes effort to see through words and see intent or a need that is not being filled or why. Others have the skill, ability, gift… to see through words and or body language to give understanding and help to another.

Still others grow tired after a time as many students have not reached a level (or have not had the opportunity of a good teacher) to be able to see their own faults or a seed planted/thought given to… there is always a bigger fish, *sounds like starwars*, always a more gifted elder, always a person with a gift or ability greater than our own, always someone with more knowledge and understanding…. Always an opportunity to learn something in every scenario or happening.

Your tripping and falling down some, may I make a suggestion?

Sharing in the right format, the right areas of a board can make all the difference.
This is a discussion board therefore posting in this matter is the way to go. The cauldron does have a few areas that can be used for essay’s. There’s an Article area you could submit to, a monthly release you could also send in to if you wish.
 On a more personal note each has a personal blog available. *though I think this is more about personal writings*

I’m sure you have meant well and felt you just wanted to share what you’ve learned. You just need to learn not to step on others toes is all.
*though toe stepping happens even when you try not to* Wink
---------------

Simply put.
My intent was of kindness and offering to help someone that is tripping over themselves.

Energy Follows Attention
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #37: December 07, 2007, 09:45:50 am »

Yes, but you missed the most important part of what was irritating people -

He did not understand the material he was talking about.  When asked questions, he could not answer.

The tone and attitude didn't help, but what really caused the problem was that he couldn't back up the material he was talking about.  And THAT's just insulting to one's readers.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Cent
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: December 07, 2007, 10:00:08 am »

Yes, but you missed the most important part of what was irritating people -

He did not understand the material he was talking about.  When asked questions, he could not answer.

The tone and attitude didn't help, but what really caused the problem was that he couldn't back up the material he was talking about.  And THAT's just insulting to one's readers.

I didn't miss what was irritating people. It had been said many times and in different ways buy a number of people, in a number of threads. He wasn't responding, and was more frustrated and upset then seeing what was being told to him. His attitude was getting more and more defensive.

I thought a different road, a different way of opening his eyes would maybe help him understand.

Energy Follows Attention
KaosSwirl
Apprentice
Last Login:February 17, 2008, 09:45:21 pm

Religion: Zen Thru Kaos

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: December 08, 2007, 01:20:32 am »

traditional practices can be taught, but occult knowledge must be experienced.
by 2c's
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 06:14:39 am by EverFool, Reason: Removing quote of entire post » Logged

It is till it isn't
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #40: December 08, 2007, 06:16:51 am »

traditional practices can be taught, but occult knowledge must be experienced.
by 2c's

Whilst we do ask that posters quote from the post that they are replying to, we also ask that they do so selectively (ie: quote a little, or as much as you need for context.).  while it's less of a big deal when the post one is quoting is only a paragraph long anyway, it's slightly different when the post is as long as the first post here was.

The reason for this rule is basically to save on archive space. Smiley

Thank you,

EverFool

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
KaosSwirl
Apprentice
Last Login:February 17, 2008, 09:45:21 pm

Religion: Zen Thru Kaos

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: December 08, 2007, 02:52:11 pm »

Whilst we do ask that posters quote from the post that they are replying to, we also ask that they do so selectively (ie: quote a little, or as much as you need for context.).  while it's less of a big deal when the post one is quoting is only a paragraph long anyway, it's slightly different when the post is as long as the first post here was.

The reason for this rule is basically to save on archive space. Smiley

Thank you,

EverFool

sorry bout that,this is the 1st board ive ever participated in that used that rule.

It is till it isn't

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)