The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 12, 2021, 09:51:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2021, 09:51:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here willing to help with a religion class project?  (Read 8175 times)
AzazealsSiren
Apprentice
Last Login:March 28, 2007, 06:51:45 pm
United States United States

Religion: Roman Catholic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 22, 2007, 04:10:03 pm »

I've corresponded with RandallS and got permission to post this.  (YAY! Cheesy )

Here's the scoop --> I'm currently in school working towards either a nursing degree or a bachelor's in biololgy. (I am still undecided!)  Anyway, one of my electives this semester is a "Comparative Religion" class, which has turned out to be extremely interesting. We were give then task of handing out a religion questionaire to people of faiths different from out own. (Meaning, as a Catholic, I could only question non-Christians.)  I've gotten email replies from friends who are Jewish and Buddhist.  But, upon finiding out that no one in the class has questioned anyone of a pagan faith, I wanted to do it.  I was thinking of a Wiccan (I didn't realize that there were so many pagan faiths), which brought me here.

I have also want to find out what Wiccan (and other Pagans, too!) believe, as I have been keenly interested in Wicca for years. (Long before "The Craft," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch," and "Harry Potter" ... although I am sure that many of the fundies around me would find a way to blame my love of Potter on my interest in Wicca.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated. The questionaires are turned in verbatim, so no one has to worry that I will take their answers, twist them, and misrepresent your faith.  You are free to post your answers here in a reply, or email them to me at LadyGator_29609@yahoo.com

Thank you so much in advance!!  (Oh, and you can be as short or wordy as you wish...  Wink )

==================================================

* Introduce yourself: (First name only is fine since this is online)

* How old are you?

* To what faith/religion do you belong?

* Were you born into this faith/religion or are you a convert? 

* If so, at what age did you convert and from what faith did you come?  What prompted this conversion?

* What God/Goddess do you worship?

* What sacred texts does your faith/religion follow?

* What is your favorite verse(s) from these texts?

* What are the major tenets of your faith/religion?

* What are your Holy days and why are they significant?

* Are there any special garmets that you wear for your faith/religion?

* Do you use and special prayer tools? (Example, as a Catholic, I carry rosary beeds with me everywhere that I go.)

* What are the major misconceptions that the general public seem to have about your faith/religion?

* What would you like people unfamiliar with you faith to know?

* Are there any questions that I have not asked that you feel need to be touched upon?

(¯`·. It's GREAT to be a FLORIDA GATOR! .·´¯)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 22, 2007, 06:58:56 pm »

Steve

* How old are you?

Flamekeeping

Convert

* If so, at what age did you convert and from what faith did you come?  What prompted this conversion?
 23, I think. I converted from a neo-wiccaish personal religion, origionally catholic. I converted because it matched shockingly well with me personal values  -

Short version. The universe is divine - self aware and more than the sum of its parts. There are gods inside the universe who are more closely linked to the divine. I have a personal relationship with Mercury.

http://flamekeeping.org/ - the accumulate texts written primarily by Genevieve Wood - HeartShadow and partly by the other keepers

Errm - Not in verse mostly. I return to this essay when im explaining things to others.

1) thou Art divine - act like it, 2) so  is everyone else - don't be snotty

so far Founders day (shads birthday) and "gift of the flame day"(minion day - The day Ocelot admitted he was a flamekeeper)

nope

* Do you use and special prayer tools? (Example, as a Catholic, I carry rosary beeds with me everywhere that I go.)
2 candles and a box of matches. One of the candles is ritually lit and the other is ritually not lit in flamekeeping meditations

* What are the major misconceptions that the general public seem to have about your faith/religion?
Not applicable. The general public goes "huh?"

that being a flamekeeper ISNT the sdame as being Neo-wiccan.

* Are there any questions that I have not asked that you feel need to be touched upon?
Pass

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 22, 2007, 08:33:13 pm »

Melissa

* How old are you?

Dianic Wicca

convert

Well, I became interested in Wicca when I was about 22 or so.  Didnt start practicing Dianic until 23.  I was baptised a Methodist but my family didnt go to church.  In college I got really turned off by some crazy Christians and normal Christians, but with beliefs I didnt uphold.

Dianics do not outwardly worship Gods, although they recognize the God as a counterpart of the Goddess.  Main Goddesses are Hecate, Persephone, Brigid, Artemis, and of course, Diana.

I wouldnt say there are sacred texts, but the book that best explains the principals and ideas is 'The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries" by Z. Budapest, the religion's founder.  Ruth Barrett and Shekina Mountainwater are other Dianic/feminist authors.

Hmm...I'm not sure on that yet.

>Celebrating the life stages of Women (birth, beginning of menstration, giving birth, menopause, death), these are overlaid with the cycle of the year.
>Empowering women and overcoming/healing from patriarchy.
>Honoring women, women's bodies, women's ideas, honoring the Goddess of "she who was been called by many names" and "she who is whole unto herself" (not needing another person to make her whole).
>Only women who are born as women are allowed into Dianic circles.  This is mainly because of tenet #1 above. 

The Wiccan holidays (February 1st, Spring Equinox, May 1st, Summer Solstice, August 1st, Fall Equinox, Hallows, and Winter Solstice) although they are interpreted differently than traditional Wicca.

No.  Some women prefer to be naked.

Many of the same Wiccan tools.  On a Dianic altar you will likely find: incense for air, a burning candle for fire, water for water (duh), salt or soil or rocks for earth, a chime for spirit. 

>We are all lesbians/we hate men.  (I love my boyfriend!)
>We are all femenist activists.

I suppose it boils down to:  we celebrate women as manifestations of the Goddess.

Don't think so.

Hope this all makes sense!  As I'm trying to think the boyfriend is lecturing me on the "ten most popular trees in the world".

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
SunWolf
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 20, 2007, 04:26:28 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 22, 2007, 09:45:35 pm »

I've corresponded with RandallS and got permission to post this.  (YAY! Cheesy )

Here's the scoop --> I'm currently in school working towards either a nursing degree or a bachelor's in biololgy. (I am still undecided!)  Anyway, one of my electives this semester is a "Comparative Religion" class, which has turned out to be extremely interesting. We were give then task of handing out a religion questionaire to people of faiths different from out own. (Meaning, as a Catholic, I could only question non-Christians.)  I've gotten email replies from friends who are Jewish and Buddhist.  But, upon finiding out that no one in the class has questioned anyone of a pagan faith, I wanted to do it.  I was thinking of a Wiccan (I didn't realize that there were so many pagan faiths), which brought me here.

I have also want to find out what Wiccan (and other Pagans, too!) believe, as I have been keenly interested in Wicca for years. (Long before "The Craft," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch," and "Harry Potter" ... although I am sure that many of the fundies around me would find a way to blame my love of Potter on my interest in Wicca.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated. The questionaires are turned in verbatim, so no one has to worry that I will take their answers, twist them, and misrepresent your faith.  You are free to post your answers here in a reply, or email them to me at LadyGator_29609@yahoo.com

Thank you so much in advance!!  (Oh, and you can be as short or wordy as you wish...  Wink )

My name is Nicole.

* How old are you?
I'm 45.

I'm Pagan.

I'm a convert.

I was 20-something.  22, I think.  I was raised Catholic, but was disillusioned while still very young.  Not much I could do about that at the time, but when I was in high school I started looking into various other religions.  First I explored other Christian religions, then Eastern religions.  For awhile I tried to convince myself that I was an atheist, but that didn't work either. 

All the while, and starting when I was still in elementary school, I'd been drawn to magick and witches and the like, but this was back in the day when any book you could find on witchcraft generally had to do with worshipping the Christian devil and conjuring up demons! Not accurate and not my thing anyway.

Finally, I found a book, and I can't even remember what book it was, and what it was describing was (as one hears so often from Pagans), everything I already believed!  That was it, my introduction to Wicca.  20-some odd years later, I don't think of myself as Wiccan anymore, but that's where I started.

Little disclaimer here - I don't consider it "worship" but more like "communing."  The deities I commune with are primarily Bast and Ra, but sometimes also Anubis, Herne and Dionysus.

My sacred texts are the wind through the trees, the waves on the beach, the warmth of the sun and the touch of a warm, furry paw.

I'm partial to the touch of a warm, furry paw.   Wink

Every living being has the right to live its life unhampered and the responsibility to respect that right in others.  All life is sacred.  Divinity is neither male nor female, yet manifests as both.  Do no intentional harm, unless it is in defense of self or others (and by that I mean immediate threat, no pre-emptive strikes!). 

Samhain – Oct. 31.  The New Year.  The night when the veil between the material world and the spiritual world is thin.  The night the Wild Hunt rides. 

Yule – Dec. 21-23.  The Sun God is reborn.  The longest night and shortest day of the year.

Imbolg – February 2.  A celebration of the first signs that summer will come again. 

Spring Equinox – March 20-22 – The first day of spring.

Beltane – May 1st – Variously, the wedding of or the consummation of the relationship between the Goddess and the God.  A celebration of the returned fertility of the earth.

Summer Solstice – June 20-23 – The longest day and shortest night of the year. 

Lughnasadh – August 1 – A harvest festival.  Time to appreciate the bounty of summer.  Also, the festival of Lugh (a Celtic god) in recognition of his foster-mother.

Fall Equinox – September 20-23 – The first day of fall.

To clarify, I primarily celebrate the Greater Sabbats, Samhain, Imbolg, Beltane and Lughnasad.  The solstice and equinox holidays I mark in lesser fashion, except for Yule.

Nope. 

No, not really. 

Where to begin...that I, knowingly or by being deceived, actually worship the devil.  That I have no ethics.  That I sacrifice animals.  That I'm immoral.  That I'm a nutjob.  The list goes on.

That my religion is not a reaction to, and, indeed, has nothing to do with, theirs.

*Are there any questions that I have not asked that you feel need to be touched upon?
You might have asked what it is about my religion that appeals to me over other religions.  Why, in other words, am I Pagan? 

My answer would be that my religion, as I practice it, puts the responsibility for my life and my actions on me, rather than some unknowable plan created for my benefit (supposedly) without my knowledge or input.  That scares some people, but to me it’s very freeing.  My gods rule by love, not fear.
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 22, 2007, 10:01:09 pm »

Sounds like an exciting project! Have fun. Cheesy

Katrina

* How old are you?

Conair an Cheo

Convert...ish? I'm building my own path.

I became a pagan at age 8.

I work with Brighid, Lugh, Danu, Dagda, Morrigan & Aengus.

None.

-

Honor your Gods, remember that All is Sacred.

The calendar is a work in progress. Wink Really, there are days that are specifically in honor of particular deities, and not much outside that at the moment.

Nope.

Nope.

Well, the "public" doesn't really know about my personal path yet. I think they'll probably be either thinking we're Druids, or thinking we're Celtic Wiccans.

I'm not sure, actually.

Not that I can think of.
[/quote]

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 23, 2007, 12:45:07 am »

Cassandra

* How old are you?

Kemetic.

Convert.

I've been pagan for seven years, but I only converted to Kemeticism a year ago. My conversion, kicking and screaming, as it were  Tongue, was brought about by deity interaction, the fact that my deities were Egyptian, and that They wanted me to try the Kemetic path.

I worship Set and Anpu, but I do interact with Sobek, Ra and Nut.

I don't know how sacred they are, but ther basic texts are the Coffin Texts and the Pyramid Texts.

Hmm. Don't have one!

Follow and uphold Ma'at (truth, justice, cosmic order).

There are many, many feast days depending on which deities you worship, and currently no calendars coincide with each other on specific dates. But my favorite holy days are the New Year week, five days in late July when Nut gave birth to her children. Specifically, Set's Birthday. And I've read that Anpu's day is January 1st, so I celebrate that as well.

Nope.

Incense, candles, food.

I'm not aware of any misconceptions, because the Kemetic path is kind of obscure compared to, say, wicca or Asatru.

It's NOT wicca, or a subset of wicca.

Can't think of any!
Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 23, 2007, 01:01:58 am »

Okay, here's my contribution:

Síne
* How old are you?
Gardnerian Wicca
I was raised with reverence but no religion; Wicca is the only religion to which I have belonged.
I was in my mid-twenties, and I joined because Wicca is my spiritual home.
The God and Goddess of the Wica
no books other than what the wind writes in the sky or what living writes in one's heart
humming bees

These are the 13 tenets developed communally at the Witches Thicket under the guidance of Brock and Lark of Tangled Moon Coven.  We teach them at the Collegium,now.

1. Wicca is a mystery religion. 

2. Wiccans believe that Divinity is made manifest in both masculine and feminine Forms. 

3. Wiccans believe that the world was created and is maintained by the joining together of these two Forms in the Sacred Marriage.

4. Wiccans believe that Divinity is immanent within the world, and therefore all that is, is in some part Divine. 

5. The dates for Wiccan observances are determined by the changing phases of the moon, and the turning of the seasons.

6. Wiccans hold a religious observance at the time of the full moon.

7. Wiccans believe that magic is efficacious when worked in the proper forms and setting as part of a Wiccan religious practice.

8. Wiccans believe that each person is able to experience direct contact with the Divine without a need for an intermediary.

9 A re-enactment (in some form) of the Sacred Marriage is a necessary part of Wiccan ritual.

10. The ethics and behavior of Wiccans must be guided by the Wiccan Rede.

11. Wiccans believe that the world will return to them the same sorts of energies they send out into the world.

12. Wiccans do not require some specific place or structure where worship always takes place, but rather establish their "sacred space" anew with each observance through the creation of the magic circle, which is subsequently "dismissed" at the conclusion of the observance.

The eight Sabbats are strung more or less evenly around the entire year; half are based on subsistence farming and animal husbandry and the other half are astronomical.  They mark out the cyclical nature of time.

None, actually.  Smiley
Athames are very important; the consecrated daggar is the basic tool.
That we worship gods other than those that we do.  Very annoying.
That one's relationship with one's god or gods should be a private matter, not something paraded around or used politically to coerce others in to behaving the way one thinks they should.
Can't think of anything, but it is very late...  Smiley

--------------
Blesséd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
Anna Veela
Last Login:March 24, 2007, 12:59:43 am

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 23, 2007, 01:19:45 am »

* Introduce yourself: (First name only is fine since this is online) Anna

* How old are you? 24

* To what faith/religion do you belong? Celtic  Wiccan

* Were you born into this faith/religion or are you a convert? Both, it was the secret religion of my family. To outsiders we were Catholic, but we were raised mainly practicing  wicca.

* If so, at what age did you convert and from what faith did you come?  What prompted this conversion? I'm the only member of my family to openly deny catholicism and embrace wicca. I was bout 16 when I 'converted'. I was sick of being forced to go to church when I knew no one in my family, myself especially believed in what was being taught.

* What God/Goddess do you worship? ANGUS MAC OG (Makohk) ((Ireland)) *God*
One of the Tuatha De Danann. God of youth, love and beauty.

ANU (An-oo) / ANANN / DANA / DANA-ANA ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Mother Earth, Goddess of fertility, prosperity, comfort.

ARAWN (Ar-awn) ((Wales)) *God*
God of the underground kingdom of the dead. Revenge, terror and war.

ARIANRHOD (Ari-an-rod) ((Wales)) Goddess
Mother aspect of the Triple Goddess. Honored at the full moon, beauty, fertility, reincarnation.

BADB (Bibe) / BADHBH / BADB CATHA ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Mother aspect of the Triple Goddess in Ireland. Associated with the cauldron, crows and ravens. Life, wisdom, inspiration and enlightenment.

BANBA ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Part of a triad with Fotia and Eriu. They used magick to repel invaders.

BEL /BELENUS / BELINUS / BELENOS / BELIMAWR ((Ireland)) *God*
Closely connected to the Druids. Science, healing, hot springs, fire, success, prosperity, purification, crops, vegetation, fertility. A sun and fire god.

BLODEUWEDD (blod-oo-eeth) / BLODWIN / BLANCHEFLOR ((Wales)) *Goddess*
The maiden form of the Triple Goddess. Goddess of the earth in bloom, flowers, wisdom, lunar mysteries, initiations.

BOANN (Boo-an) / BOANNAN / BOYNE ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Goddess of the river Boyne; mother of Angus mac Og.

BRAN THE BLESSED / BENEDIGEIDFRAN (Bran) ((Wales)) *God*
God of prophecy, the arts, leaders, war, the sun, music, writing.

BRANWEN (Bran-oo-en) ((Wales)) *Goddess*
Goddess of love and beauty.

BRIGIT (Breet) / BRID (Breed) / BRIG / BRIGID / BRIGHID ((Ireland, Wales, Spain, France)) *goddess*
Associated with Imbloc. Goddess of fire, fertility, the hearth, all feminine arts and crafts and martial arts. Healing, physicians, agriculture, inspiration, learning, poetry, divination, prophecy, smithcraft, animal husbandry, love, witchcraft, occult knowledge.

CERNUNNOS (Ker-noo-nos) / CERNOWAIN / CERNENUS / HERNE THE HUNTER ((Known to all Celtic areas in one form or another)) *God*
God of nature and all wild things. Virility, fertility, animals, physical love, nature, woodlands, reincarnation, crossroads, wealth, commerce, warriors.

CERRIDWEN / CARIDWEN / CERIDWEN ((Wales)) *Goddess*
Goddess of nature. Death, fertility, regeneration, inspiration, magick, astrology, herbs, science, poetry, spells, knowledge.

CREIDDYLAD / CREUDYLAD / CORDELLIA ((Wales)) *Goddess*
Connected with Beltane, often called the May Queen. Goddess of summer flowers, love.

THE CRONE ((Known in all Celtic regions)) *Goddess*
One aspect of the Triple Goddess. She represents old age or death, winter, the end of all things, the waning moon, post-menstrual phases of women's lives. All destruction that precedes regeneration through her cauldron of rebirth.

THE DAGDA ((Ireland)) *God*
Protection, warriors, knowledge, magick, fire, prophecy, weather, reincarnation, the arts, initiation, the sun, healing, regeneration, prosperity and plenty, music, the harp.

DANU / DANANN / DANA (Thana) ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Probably the same as Anu. Mother of the Gods, Great Mother, Moon Goddess. Patroness of wizards, rivers, water, wells, prosperity and plenty, magick wisdom.

DIANCECHT (Dian-ket) / DIAN CECHT ((Ireland)) *God*
Physician-magician of the Tuatha. God of healing, medicine, regeneration, magick, silver working.

DON / DOMNU (Dom-noo) ((Ireland and Wales)) *God*
Ruler of the land of the dead and entrances to the otherworld. Control of the elements, eloquence.

DRUANTIA ((All Celtic regions)) *Goddess*
Mother of the tree calendar. Fertility, passion, sexual activities, trees, protection, knowledge, creativity.

DYLAN ((Wales)) *God*
God of the sea.

ELAINE ((Wales)) *Goddess*
Maiden aspect of the Goddess.

EPONA ((Britain, Gaul)) *Goddess*
Goddess of fertility, maternity, protectress of horses, horse breeding, prosperity, dogs, healing springs, crops.

ERIU (Err-i-oo) / ERIN ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
One of three queens of the Tuatha Da Danann.

FLIDAIS ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Goddess of forests, woodlands and wild things.

GOIBNIU / GOFANNON / GOVANNON (Gov-ann-on) ((Ireland and Wales)) *God*
God of blacksmiths, weapon makers, jewelry making, brewing, fire, metalworking.

GREAT FATHER ((All Celtic regions)) *God*
The Lord. The horned god, (Not Satan) lord of winter, harvest, land of the dead, the sky, animals, mountains, lust, powers of destruction and regeneration. The male aspect of creation.

GREAT MOTHER ((All Celtic regions)) *Goddess*
The Lady. The female aspect of creation, goddess of fertility, the moon, summer, flowers, love, healing.

THE GREEN MAN ((All Celtic regions)) *God*
See Cernunnos. A horned deity of trees and green growing things of earth. God of the woodlands.

GWYDION (Gwi-dee-on) ((Wales)) *God*
Greatest of the enchanters, warrior-magician. Illusion, changes, magick, the sky, healing.

GWYNN AP NUDD (Gwin ap Neethe) ((Wales)) *God*
King of the fairies and the underworld.

GWYTHYR (Gwee-theer) ((Wales)) *God*
Opposite of Gwynn ap Nudd. King of the upper world.

HERNE THE HUNTER ((All Celtic regions)) *God*
See Cernunnos, The Horned God, and Green Man.

THE HORNED GOD ((All Celtic regions)) *God*
Lord of the wild hunt. The masculine, active side of nature. Earth father, growing things, wild animals, alertness, fertility, desire, physical love, agriculture, flocks, brewing.

LLYR (Thleer) / LEAR / LIR (Hlir) ((Ireland and Wales)) *God*
God of the sea and water.

LUGH (loo or loog) ((Ireland)) *God*
God of skills. Druid, physician, smithing, war, magick, commerce, reincarnation, lightning, water, arts and crafts, manual arts, journeys, martial arts, poets, musicians, historians, sorcerers, healing, revenge, initiation, prophecy.

MACHA (Maax-ah) ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
Protectress in war as in peace, goddess of war and death. Cunning, sheer physical force, sexuality, fertility, dominance over men.

MANANNAN MAC LIR (Mannan-awn maklir) ((Ireland and Wales)) *God*
God of the sea, navigators, storms, weather at sea, fertility, sailing, weather forecasting, magick, arts, merchants and commerce, rebirth.

MARGAWSE ((Wales)) *Goddess*
Mother aspect of the Goddess.

MATH MATHONWY (Math math-on-oo-ee) ((Wales)) *God*
God of sorcery, magick, enchantment.

MERLIN / MERDDIN / MYRDDIN (Meer-din) ((Wales and Britain)) *God*
Great sorcerer, Druid, magician. Illusion, shape-shifting, herbs, healing, woodlands, nature, protection, counseling, prophecy, divination, psychic abilities, foreseeing, crystal reading, tarot, magick, rituals, spells, incantations, artisans and smiths.

THE MORRIGU (Moor-rig-oo) / MORRIGAN (Mor-ee-gan) / MORRIGHAN / MORGAN (Moor-gan) ((Ireland, Wales, and Britain)) *Goddess*
Supreme war goddess. Queen of phantoms and demons, shape-shifter. The crone aspect of the goddess, great white goddess. Patroness of priestesses and witches. Revenge, night, magick, prophecy.

NUADA / NUDD/ NODONS ((Ireland and Wales)) *God*
Similar to Neptune. God of the water, oceans, fishing, the sun, sailing.

OGMA / OGHMA / OGMIOS ((Ireland)) *God*
Similar to Hercules.

PWYLL ((Wales)) *God*
Ruler of the underworld.

RHIANNON (Hri-an-non) ((Wales)) *Goddess*
The great Queen. Goddess of birds and horses. Enchantments, fertility and the underworld.

SCATHACH / SCOTA/ SCATHA ((Ireland)) *Goddess*
The shadowy one. Goddess in the destroyer aspect. A warrior woman and prophetess who lived in Albion (Scotland), probably on the Isle of Skye and taught the martial arts. Patroness of blacksmiths, healing, magick, prophecy, martials arts.

TALIESIN (Tal-i-ess-in) ((Wales)) *God*
God of the bards. Poetry, wisdom, wizards, music, knowledge, magick.

WHITE LADY ((All Celtic regions)) *Goddess*
Associated with the Crone aspect of the Goddess. Dryad of death, destruction, annihilation.

* What sacred texts does your faith/religion follow? The Wiccan Rede as well as some Druid texts.

An it harm none, do as thou wilt
    Do what you will, so long as it harms none
    An it harm none, do what thou will
    That it harm none, do as thou wilt
    Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill, / An it harm none do what ye will

* What are the major tenets of your faith/religion? Harm None

* What are your Holy days and why are they significant? The holy days tend to correspond to the changes in seasons but here's a more accurate list.

Samhain- (Old Hallowmas) means "End of Summer", and is the third and final Harvest. The dark winter half of the year commences on this Sabbat. Is also New Years. October 31st.

Yule- is when the dark half of the year relinquishes to the light half. Starting the next morning at sunrise, the sun climbs just a little higher and stays a little longer in the sky each day. Known as Solstice Night, or the longest night of the year, much celebration was to be had as the ancestors awaited the rebirth of the Oak King, the Sun King, the Giver of Life that warmed the frozen Earth and made her to bear forth from seeds protected through the fall and winter in her womb. Bonfires were lit in the fields, and crops and trees were "wassailed" with toasts of spiced cider. December 21st.

Imbolc- (Oimealg) It marks the center point of the dark half of the year. It is the festival of the Maiden, for from this day to March 21st, it is her season to prepare for growth and renewal. Brighid's snake emerges from the womb of the Earth Mother to test the weather, (the origin of Ground Hog Day), and in many places the first Crocus flowers began to spring forth from the frozen earth.  February 2nd          

Ostara- (Vernal Equinox) As Spring reaches its midpoint, night and day stand in perfect balance, with light on the increase. The young Sun God now celebrates a hierogamy (sacred marriage) with the young Maiden Goddess, who conceives. In nine months, she will again become the Great Mother. It is a time of great fertility, new growth, and newborn animals. March 21st.

Beltane- Beltane has long been celebrated with feasts and rituals. Beltane means fire of Bel; Belinos being one name for the Sun God, whose coronation feast we now celebrate. As summer begins, weather becomes warmer, and the plant world blossoms, an exuberant mood prevails. In old Celtic traditions it was a time of unabashed sexuality and promiscuity where marriages of a year and a day could be undertaken but it is rarely observed in that manner in modern times. April 30th.         

Litha- (Summer Solstice)  On this longest day of the year, light and life are abundant. At mid-summer, the Sun God has reached the moment of his greatest strength. Seated on his greenwood throne, he is also lord of the forests, and his face is seen in church architecture peering from countless foliate masks. June 21st.

Lughnasadh- (Lammas) Lughnasadh means the funeral games of Lugh (pronounced Loo), referring to Lugh, the Irish sun god. However, the funeral is not his own, but the funeral games he hosts in honor of his foster-mother Tailte. For that reason, the traditional Tailtean craft fairs and Tailtean marriages (which last for a year and a day) are celebrated at this time.
This day originally coincided with the first reapings of the harvest. It was known as the time when the plants of spring wither and drop their fruits or seeds for our use as well as to ensure future crops.
As autumn begins, the Sun God enters his old age, but is not yet dead. The God symbolically loses some of his strength as the Sun rises farther in the South each day and the nights grow longer. July 31st.

Mabon- (Autumn Equinox) The Autumn Equinox divides the day and night equally, and we all take a moment to pay our respects to the impending dark. We also give thanks to the waning sunlight, as we store our harvest of this year's crops. 

* Are there any special garmets that you wear for your faith/religion? Not especially, though some rituals are preformed skyclad (nude)

* Do you use and special prayer tools? (Example, as a Catholic, I carry rosary beeds with me everywhere that I go.) Candles, incense, fires on occasion.

* What are the major misconceptions that the general public seem to have about your faith/religion? That I'm a devil worshiper or some kind of hippy freak.

* What would you like people unfamiliar with you faith to know? That despite how wiccans are portrayed in movies books and TV, we're not going to steal you children and make gingerbread out of them, and we don't worship the devil. Most don't even believe in the Christian concept of Satan.

* Are there any questions that I have not asked that you feel need to be touched upon? Not that I can think of at the moment.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: March 23, 2007, 01:29:06 am »

You can identify me as Kiya.

* How old are you?

Twenty-nine.

Two religions:  Kemetic and Feri.

Convert for both.

I was raised secular Christian, and attended a Methodist church for a while as a child.  I was introduced to generalised paganism at the age of fourteen, and was vaguely neo-Wiccan for a while, before drifting off into fiddle-faddle.

I converted to Kemeticism in ... 2002, I think.  Full-bore conversion experience and everything.  So at age 24.  I found something with language to support the beliefs I had always had.

I have been studying Feri for about three years, so when I was 26.  I was guided there by Set, and converted by means of tool use, more or less.

From the gods of Egypt, the ones I particularly worship are Set, Hetharu (Hathor) {and Hethert-Nut (Hathor-Nut)}, Wepwawet (Ophois), and Khnum.  (Greek names are given in parentheses.)  I also have obligation of service to Anpu (Anubis).  I give due reverence and petition to the other gods of that pantheon, as is appropriate to situation.

Of the gods of the Feri, Nimue and Melek Taus in particular.

In my home I also have shrines to Wesir (Osiris) and Bast; the Bast shrine She shares with Brighid (who is my lover's patron; Her inclusion ensures that the shrine is compatible with my whole family).  I will construct a Ra shrine in my yard this summer.  My Feri shrine has a statue of Lilitu on it, for a number of extremely complicated reasons.

There are no scriptures in either religion.

Kemetic religion has a number of sacred writings, as language is holy and a power of the gods; these include things that modern people would consider grimoires, temple scripts and ritual instructions, and a variety of things referred to as wisdom texts.

Feri is an oral tradition in conveyance and an experiential one in reality, like most of the religious witchcrafts.

N/A

Kemetic:  the universe was well-made and requires maintenance and renewal; to do good maintenance on the universe is pleasing to the gods.  Right relationship is essential -- with self, with others, with the universe.  The community includes all things, gods, humans, ancestors, spirits, animals.  There is underlying unity, and the diversity of reality is essential to its proper function.  Words have power and names matter.

Feri:  Do not submit your life-force to another.  To become fully human and fully divine.  Walk edges.

Kemetic:  Like most reconstructionist religions, most every day is a feast or festival of something.  The only days I have marked consistently are the Days Upon The Year, the five days set outside of normal time so that the Children of Nut could be born; these fall just before the new year, and are generally considered a time of great potential turmoil.  They fall, in my location, in August.

Feri:  Frequently taught with the sabbats of other religious witchcraft traditions.  I have not marked any days as especially holy in this faith.

Part of all of that is because I'm a Big Slacker, festival-wise.  I keep my month and midmonth marks steadily marked with rituals (new and full moons), but beyond that I am not satisfied with my calendar research.

I have a white robe for Kemetic ritual purposes; sometimes I even wear it.

For performing Kemetic ritual, I have two cups, an incense burner, and a small candleholder shaped like a Sacred Lotus.  (The shape of the candleholder is irrelevant, but the fact that it's my favored sacred symbol in this faith makes me happy.)

I have some miscellaneous Feri tools -- two ritual knives (one iron, one copper), an iron nail.  When I need a cup I use one of the ones I use for Kemetic ritual.  I have the pieces to construct a wand, but haven't put it together.  Mostly I don't do much that requires these things.

My Wesir shrine is a somewhat scraggly jasmine plant; it needs watered occasionally.

The Bast/Brighid shrine has a small fountain, an oil diffuser, an oil lamp, several small cat statues, and a Brighid's cross.

The Feri shrine aforementioned is a place I stash some of my Feri tools and also has an offering bowl and a peacock-feather fan.

Honestly, most people haven't heard of either of them.

So the most basic misconception would be that I'm practicing some form of Wicca.  This is less inaccurate in terms of my Feri practices than the rest, but still not in any way true.

Mostly, that people of devotional inclination can be dedicated to things beyond the mainstream.

None that I can think of at one in the morning.

SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 23, 2007, 02:29:13 am »

Luellon

* How old are you?

Kemetic and Orisha devotee, Witch.  I'll be writing my own path at some point, but for now this is what I'm working with. 

Convert

I was raised fundie Christian and had problems with the beliefs and tenets I was taught.  I found Isis when I was in fourth grade.  When I was 20 I found Kemeticism, and learned the difference between Isis and Aset.  I became Kemetic and felt most at home with Aset.

Kemetic: I follow Aset (who is not believed to be the same as Isis, but that's what the Greeks called Her), the Mistress of Magic, Nebet Het (Nephthys), She Whose Flame Sears and Sekhmet, Mother of Fiery Passion.

Orisha: I follow Oya, the Torn Cloth of Black Water, Oshun, the Source Through Which Life Seeps, and Oshoosi, the Left "Hidden" Sorceror.

Warrior and Ancestral Path: I honor Skadi, the Huntress of Mountains and Plains, the Ancestors--familial and spiritual and the animal spirits that have graced my life with their presence.

Kemetic: None
Orisha: Ifa Corpus
Witchcraft: Nature

N/A

Honor the deities, ancestors, and other spirits
Respect nature
Creation of the world through the deities is sacred
Honor and integrity helps maintain the world (Ma'at, Iwa Pele)

Festivals for deities I follow, the New Year and the Kemetic Days Upon the Year,

White clothing for formal ritual

* Do you use and special prayer tools? (Example, as a Catholic, I carry rosary beeds with me everywhere that I go.) Candles, incense, offering,

Kemetic: Kemetic Recons want to recreate the society of ancient Egypt,
Orisha: animal sacrifice is harmful to animals and is torture (if done correctly, it is less harmful than the factory),
Witchcraft: devil worship, no morals etc

It is not the same as Wicca and I don't want to recreate ancient Egyptian civilization

Nope.

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
Olympias
Apprentice
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 03:35:18 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Eclectic pantheist seeker

Come back with your shield, or on it

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 23, 2007, 09:26:25 am »

Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi AzazealsSiren,

I'm not sure if my answers will be any help to your project as I'm not a member of a Pagan religion.  However, I am strongly influenced by the ancient philosophy of Stoicism, which definitely contains ideas about the nature of the Divine, as well as by NeoPaganism and feminist approaches to religion.  Please feel free to ignore my post if it is not relevant to your project.

Olympias

* How old are you?

Influenced by Stoic philosophy and modern Paganism

Convert

I was brought up as a Baptist.  I became interested in the idea of a Goddess at the age of 13/14 when I started reading Robert Graves.  I began to be influenced by Stoicism at about 17, and much more strongly later when I studied ancient philosophies at university.

Nature - the Stoics were Pantheists, believing that the Divine is present throughout all matter.  Personally, I tend to perceive the Divine as 'the Goddess', but I believe this is a personal construct (stemming from a reaction to my upbringing) rather than objective reality

Stoicism has no 'sacred texts' as such, but the writings of Seneca, Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus are important, as are the writings of earlier Greek Stoics

"Hand yourself over to Clotho voluntarily, and let her spin you into whatever she pleases" - Marcus Aurelius

That the entire universe is Divine, including every human individual.  Determinism - everything which happens is an inevitable result of its causes, and happiness comes from bringing an attitude of clam acceptance to events.

N/A

No

Although not a part of ancient Stoic practice, I use meditation to help achieve calmness.  For this I light a candle surrounded by crystals representing each of the four elements (and thus the totality of Nature), although  I can meditate without them and they are not therefore crucial to the practice.

Um, I don't think the public have much of an awareness of Stoicism.  Probably they would think of a grumpy old bearded man in a toga with a very British stiff upper lip. 

That determinism is not the same as fatalism.  Humans are still required to play an active role in their societies, and the fact that everything that occurs is inevitable does not entitle one to do nothing.

Um, no.  But then my brain is not at full functionality today as I feel dizzy and suspect I'm getting an ear infection.

Olympias

If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it
Gobae
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 11, 2008, 02:37:28 pm

Religion: Druid

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 23, 2007, 10:30:59 am »

* Introduce yourself:
Dan

* How old are you?

Druidry

Convert

* If so, at what age did you convert and from what faith did you come?  What prompted this conversion?
17 from a non-denominational Fundementalist Christian upbringing.  After careful study of the Bible I determined that there were too many inconsistancies.  My primary issue was that the New Testament seems "tacked-on" to the Jewish sacred Torah.  Since I'm not Jewish, I wanted to learn about the religion of MY ancestors.

Primarily Govannon, Bridgit, and Math the Ancient.  The first two are (among other things) blacksmithing god/desses and I'm a blacksmith.

The Druids left behind no known texts.  However, there are plenty of Celtic "myths" that are often used for inspiration and guidance.  Additionally, the Brehon laws (originally created by the Druids) also provide insight into Celtic society and values.

My favorite story that of Pwyll and Arawn.

Balance.  Not a static, unmoving, balance, but the type of balance found in nature.  The idea that nature balances herself, and we should follow that lead.

Most neo-druids follow "the 8" holidays (solstices, equinoxes, and the "cross quarters").  However, many reconstructionist druids only celebrate the cross quarters since there's much more historical evidence for that.  Personally, I celebrate Imbolc, Samhain, and the solstices.  Imbolc for me is important because of it's association with Bridgit and thus blacksmithing.  I like to remember my ancestors and friends that have died at Samhain, and I find marking the waxing and waning of daylight at the Solstices a good way to feel the cyclic nature of the seasons.

As a solitary Druid, no.

No tools for prayer, but I often use a staff and/or a sword in my ceremonies (when they're not being held in the smithy).

The Druids built stonehenge, and they wear white robes, carry sickles, and mistletoe.

Much of the public's view of Druidry is wrong because it was made up during the Victorian era from counterfeit archaeoligcal evidence, romanticized views, social ideas of that time period.  

Yes.  "What are the symbols of your faith?"

While I don't dress differently or wear any symbols of Druidry, the most common Druid symbols are the ones created by some of the Druid organizations.  They include the Awen (three rays /|\ ), the Druid Sigil (a holly wreath bisected by two oak staves), and the Oak tree.

Gobae - The Blacksmith
Ancient Celtic Clans
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 23, 2007, 11:18:15 am »

Cool project!  Hope you enjoy!

* Introduce yourself:
Leah

* How old are you?

The Path of the Poet

Convert.

I was raised in a Protestant home, but had become rather nebulous in my religious thinking by around seventh grade.  In eight and ninth grade, I guess you could say I was agnostic: I turned away from the Christian God and Jesus because I was rather convinced that he had turned away from me, but I was still convinced that there was indeed something else out there.  So I began to explore other paths.  I became deeply interested in druidry, Celtic religion and Wicca, and after some extreme experiences on a trip to Costa Rica in sophomore year, began to seriously consider aligning myself with a similar path.

Soon after, I was visited by Brigid, and I dedicated myself to her the year I turned 17.  It wasn't until The Path of the Poet evolved out of my interactions with her and other guides, and is still evolving!

So... short answer: when I was 17.

Brigid, and I'm in "negociations" with Lugh and Manannan mac Lir.

None as such.  Books of all kinds inform my path and my thinking, and stories and myths (particularly the Celtic ones) are often used as guidance and inspiration.

I love the Fenian Cycle of stories, as well as the stories about Taliesin, and many of the Arthurian tales: the ones about Gawain.

Serve your gods.  Creation (and the act thereof) is sacred, and is necessary for the gods, yourself and all of the universe.  By creating, you can serve your gods, and progress yourself, and keep the universe alive and in accord.

I base my year on the four Celtic fire-festivals and the solstices and equinoxes (though the movement of the sun is slightly less important than the festivals).  They represent several cycles found not only in nature but also of my own mind and creation.

I'm not sure how clear that is: basically I use the traditional days and add my own understandings and rituals to them.  They are significant to me because they represent a kind of... pattern of living that puts one in accord with both nature, and yourself as a creative being, and as a human being.

If you want to go real old-school you can dig out a cloak of feathers like the Irish file... Tongue

Sometimes, if I'm feeling really religious, I put on a grey cloak.  Usually reserved for major holidays and ritual.

I use very little in terms of tools, wanting to be both discreet for the sake of my roommates and wanting less clutter in my life.  I suppose you can consider whatever you use to create your special tools--for me, that would be a pen, paper and a computer. 

I light candles, when I can, and use saltwater for purification of space, when going into "major ritual."  I also carry a Brigid pendant, but that is more to remind me of whom I serve.

That if I call myself "Pagan" for convenience, it means I'm Wiccan.  Most pagans will think I'm Celtic pagan, and that's fairly accurate enough.

That words are my faith, my spirituality, and they are my connection to the gods and the divine universe.

Nope!  I think you covered it very well.  Again, good luck to you on your project!

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 23, 2007, 11:41:52 am »

~Kelly

* How old are you?

~I'm 19

~I am creating my own path. I've tentatively called it "Walking with the Gods" but that's only because I felt I needed a name to call my path. I consider myself Pagan but I do not fit in with the other Pagan faiths (more of bits and pieces from here, bits from there, and some things all my own thrown in) and I take a lot of joy in creating and writing out my beliefs.

~I created it, so I really couldn't be born into it. I'm not sure "convert" is the right word either, since no one converted me. I was not born into any faith, and after trying out several (Christianity included) I feel like I've come home in this one.

~I wasn't born into any faith, my beliefs simply evolved from something remotely resembling Paganism to all out creating a religion.

~The primary deities that I work with are Morrigu/Morrigan, "Father God" (I really do not know what he might be called in mythology, although I have a few guesses), Jupiter, Juno, and Zeus (although Zeus isn't really a part of my religion. He's just there. I don't formally worship him at all, but I work with him.) I give a friendly nod to Apollo but I've never really worked with him in depth before.

~ I have no sacred texts.

~The biggest thing about my religion is not about worshiping certain deities (or any deities at all really) it's about living well and being true to yourself. With that in mind I have written these "rules to live by" (which started out as a challenge from another TC member, but have grown into something tangible.)

1. Know that there is a Force greater than yourself and it is the Force of all that is. It is the Divine which is everything and without which nothing could exist.
   2. If you choose to honor the Gods, honor them well. Love them as family and treat them with respect.
   3. Honor and respect those who are your teachers; look to them for advice and respond to them with honesty.
   4. Be honest with yourself first, and with others second. Be nothing but honest unless you have just cause to do otherwise.
   5. Do not fight unless it is necessary, but when it becomes neccessary to fight, do so with courage.
   6. Honor life. Do not take the life of another living being unless it is absolutely necessary, but if you must, do it quickly and cleanly.
   7. Stand by your beliefs, and do not allow yourself to be persuaded to stray from them.
   8. Know that every choice you make has a consequence. Be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions before taking them, and take responsibility for all that you do.
   9. Respect your fellow man’s life, family and property. Do not take that which does not belong to you without just cause.
  10. Do right by those whom you have wronged, either accidentally or intentionally.
  11. Love and respect yourself. Do not allow others to disrespect and abuse you.
  12. When you know what it is that you must do, do it without fear.

~My Holy Days are any days that I happen to be off work and able to do ritual and religious work. Seriously. I do not have things worked out yet for any Holy Days and I really am restricted by my working schedule. I do particularly enjoy the Summer and Winter solstices, the Vernal and Autumnal equinoxes and Samhain however.

~Nope. Really, seriously, most of my ritual work is done in my PJ's. Cheesy My only requirement is that I am clean, I don't want to do any sort of work while I smell like pizza, or am covered in a day's dirt and grime.

~I have a set of prayer beads that I have made myself. Sort of borrowing from Catholic and Buddhist practices. They are not a requirement for me, but I enjoy them.

~My religion isn't really old enough or known enough to have a lot of misconceptions. One of the most annoying misconceptions about Paganism in general though is that we worship Satan. I do *not* worship Satan. I do *not* talk to demons, either.

~While most of my writings are done for anyone of any faith, and so I stress being true to your beliefs (whatever it is that they may be. I'm not out to gain converts.) a big part of my religion is talking with and working with the gods (whichever gods you wish to work with.) I believe that it is possible for *anyone* to have a close personal relationship with God(s) and I encourage that. It's what "Walking with the Gods" is all about.

~I would have asked about offerings, whether or not people make them and how they do so. For me, I really only have one "hard and fast rule" about offerings, and that is "If it's not good enough for you, it's not good enough for the Gods either", so the table scraps that you don't want aren't suitable offerings. Cheesy I definitely think that anything that you make yourself is better, but that's not a requirement.

Diannaskye
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 16, 2008, 05:41:18 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: March 23, 2007, 01:00:17 pm »

OK... well, I hope you can get something out of this mass of confusion/lost-ness.

I am Dianna (I think)
* How old are you?
Er.... Confusion. Seriously. I'm creating/walking my own path, strongly influenced by other religions but not them because I'm too lazy for most of them, and they all have at least one belief I don't particularly like. Kemeticism, Shamanism, Greek theology, and Dianic Wicca all play their parts...
I couldn't be 'born' into it, and I wasn't 'converted'. I really didn't have a faith before that. All I knew was that there was magic in the world, and I haven't changed that (or disregarded old beliefs, mostly) yet...
-pass
OK, here is the most confusing part. I follow Set and Hathor (more Set) from Egypt, Diana from Rome, Artemis from Greece (who is Diana's sister), and Loki and Thor from Norse mythology are presences although I don't follow them. To top it all off, I'm looking into setting up a shrine for the Hindu god Ganesha, in the hopes some rather huge obstacles will be moved.
Um, my grimoire? AKA I'm just making it up as I go along.
None yet.
Never act without reason; words are filled with a power we must learn to utilize; the Divine is all and within all, just some beings are more divine than others; be honourable.

Honour to me consists of a few things, and I'll just list the first most important ones:
-Always stand up for your beliefs
-Always stand up for your friends
-Do not lie to get in trouble (I don't count lies by omission, unlike my principle...)
-Be true to yourself.
I have holy days? I try to celebrate the longest night of the year with an all night vigil. I'm probably going to start celebrating my gods soon enough, just as soon as I've cobbled together a calendar (which is based somewhat off other people's calendars). Full moons are things I try to observe-and usually fail to.
Actually, I do have a Sari that I've used for most of my rites lately, because it's infused with power from Wiccan Fest. I'm hoping to get a few more of these, so that I have a collection. Other than that, I do most of it in normal clothes.
FIRE! I'm a pyro, so I always have candles and water on hand. I'm probably going to incorporate more tools in the future, but occasionally I will use my wand or herbs or incense/stones for air/earth.
Well... uh... Since nobody knows much of anything about *my* specific path, I'll just say I tend to run into a lot of people who cry "satanist" or who think I'm Wiccan.
I'm not entirely sure. At this point I would say that I don't worship Satan. That's really it. Not Wiccan, either. I don't know enough myself to want them to know much more. Tongue
Nope.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)